Delete My Account

This plugin will allow users from specific user groups to request to delete their account. All requests will be reviewed by Staff (admins), directly on ModeratorCP -> Delete Account Requests, to approve or deny the request. The whole user content (topics, posts, attachments, polls, etc.) will be preserved; only the account will be deleted.

Features:

• Admins can choose which user groups can request delete account and how many posts a user must have to do it
  • Users can request to delete their accouts directly on Account Settings
  • The Staff will review each request to approve it or deny it on ModeratorCP -> Delete Account Requests
  • A Notification will be sent to Staff when there's a new deletion request
  • Each action of Staff (approve or deny a request) is logged on Moderator Logs

Note:

• Due to the rework on plugin (every new resource has to be done from the scratch to run on  IPS4), a new purchase is required. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi @Adriano Faria 

I like the idea of this plugin but rather than Delete My Account I would love to see the option to Close my account, this would effectively leave all posts and content attributed to a particular member so it would not show as Guest but mean that the account is locked to further logins with a message saying your account is currently closed, - please click here to request the account be re-opened which would then send it for review by the admins and that request could be approved or denied. 

Probably a separate plugin to this although you may feel it is very similar hence posting it here.

Best Wishes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

concern 1

BLOG GOT MESSED UP! I had a user who had started a blog and then requested to have account deleted. After deleting his account my entire blog application won't function. Just errors out.

concern 2

On 12/19/2015 at 2:46 PM, superj707 said:

can't cancel request?

Clicking cancel request as a moderator tries to delete the account anyway?

cancel request.JPG

Any luck on this? Do I still need to PM?

Edited by superj707

I'm sorry, this nothing to do with Blog!!! It deletes the account only and preserves the user content! I'm not sure how this

/* Permission check */
			if ( !intval( \IPS\Request::i()->mid ) OR !\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->isAdmin() )
			{
				\IPS\Output::i()->error( 'no_module_permission', '2D161/B', 403, '' );
			}

$member = \IPS\Member::load( \IPS\Request::i()->mid );
			\IPS\Session::i()->modLog( 'request_accepted', array( $member->name => FALSE, $member->member_id => FALSE ) );

$member->delete();

\IPS\Output::i()->redirect( \IPS\Http\Url::internal( "app=core&module=modcp&tab=delete_account", 'front', 'modcp_delete_account' ), 'deletion_done' );

can screw your blog.

I can't take a look now... still on a quick travel. I'll do when I can. Same for you PM.

maybe because I only had one blog setup total on the whole website. It was the user who wanted his account deleted. So once his account was gone blog errored out. I made a new blog as a test (in the ACP) and the problem went away. Weird. Thank you for the fast reply

On 04/01/2016 at 1:55 PM, superj707 said:

Yes

It is working fine, unless I have misunderstood the problem. See: http://www.screencast.com/t/qVnTjfTzab6W

I click on CANCEL and I can cancel or not the request. But I see the text:

This will delete the user account. All the content will be preserved though.

is wrong. It is the same from the DELETE ACCOUNT button.

Is that the problem ?

Edited by Adriano Faria
11 hours ago, superj707 said:

I have a suggestion for future updates. I get a lot of requests and keeping up with it is overwhelming. Maybe a "delete" all option might be nice.

Also a date of request could be good because I would like to give people 24 hours to change their minds.

Agree with both. Not happy with those buttons too. Maybe a more modern layout would be good there.