Delete My Account

7 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

1,668 requests is too much indeed. 😱

I get about 4000 new registrations a day, so 1500-ish deletion requests over 6 weeks seems pretty small to me? A lot of users/leechers register just to download a few things and then delete their account it seems.

I’m not sure which email. See if it shows up in the ACP Members Notifications. If it does, you can disable it there for all members. 

It does. Never noticed that before as I rarely have a reason to look at the notification defaults, but I've switched it to disabled now. 

Edited by ExiledVip3r
23 hours ago, ExiledVip3r said:

It does. Never noticed that before as I rarely have a reason to look at the notification defaults, but I've switched it to disabled now. 

My bad. This notification is the one when someone requests to delete the account. I guess you’re talking about the one when you process the request (approving or denying it)? If so, I have submitted a new version with two new settings so admins can choose if an email will be sent to the user. New version also makes the mass actions (delete all accounts and cancel all requests) to run on a background task.

On 2/9/2021 at 3:01 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Ok. I’ll update the app in a few days to run the requests on a background task. 

On 2/10/2021 at 2:49 AM, Adriano Faria said:

My bad. This notification is the one when someone requests to delete the account. I guess you’re talking about the one when you process the request (approving or denying it)? If so, I have submitted a new version with two new settings so admins can choose if an email will be sent to the user. New version also makes the mass actions (delete all accounts and cancel all requests) to run on a background task.

Thanks so much for the changes! They are a big help to me!

@Adriano Faria My task queue has immediately become overwhelmed and behind by a ton after the update. I only mass deleted about 8 pages of delete requests after the update, I normally have 70+ pages...

Did you limit the number of deletions done per task run? If not, that is likely bogging the task queue down as a result...

This is a few hours after updating, and only half of the current task queue, just what I could fit into a screenshot.

taskqueue.thumb.png.b4dde419e65d634ba76a8e456840f4ed.png

Edited by ExiledVip3r
2 hours ago, ExiledVip3r said:

Did you limit the number of deletions done per task run? If not, that is likely bogging the task queue down as a result...

Of course. 500 per batch. Is it locked? Any error in System Logs? Did you disable the two new settings to not send the emails (your request)?

Maybe 500 is too high yet. I’ll send a PM showing how to change to 250 later. 

--------------------------

If you want to test it with 250, first delete the queue from your DB:

delete from core_queue where app = 'deletemyaccount' 

Then download:

• applications/deletemyaccount/extensions/core/Queue/approveAllRequests.php
  • applications/deletemyaccount/extensions/core/Queue/cancelAllRequests.php

and find:

/**
	 * @brief Number of items to rebuild per cycle
	 */
	public $rebuild	= \IPS\REBUILD_QUICK;

Change to:

/**
	 * @brief Number of files to delete per cycle
	 */
	public $batch = \IPS\REBUILD_NORMAL;

Save both and upload it again.

Click in the button to approve all or cancell all requests in the ModeratorCP.

See how it goes.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
16 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

This info is available on file view. Go and see it. 

Why don't you link me? My AdminCP marketplace installed app brought me straight here. From within the installed plugin that information was not available.

OK found it, but why is that information not in the Changelog where we would all be able to see it?

• 6 months later...

Unable to update to latest version, so I uninstalled the app, but I get this when I go to the app in marketplace;

This resource is already installed and up to date

Wen to see for the files to also manually delete everything and I believe I found the right folder to delete, but still get the same message. Cant seem to find any ways to manually download the files. Any ideas?

1 minute ago, AlienDog said:

Unable to update to latest version

You should've requested support before uninstall it.

1 minute ago, AlienDog said:

This resource is already installed and up to date

Update the cache on Admin CP -> System -> Support ->Clear system caches.

2 minutes ago, AlienDog said:

Cant seem to find any ways to manually download the files. Any ideas?

You can't download anymore. Resources are now installable via Admin CP Marketplace only.

• 9 months later...

Hi Adriano,

The app working as it should, well done.

One thing, as the app setting to either when delete a user to guest_name or guest regarding contents, but no option to delete everything (user and contents like post and topic), as it when you can do at the admincp.

Can this be requested as suggestion for future you consider to do?

PS: Not a big issue tho, I can do that full delete within admincp, but I thought to ask about this.

Again, well done.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2022 at 4:27 AM, abobader said:

Hi Adriano,

One thing, as the app setting to either when delete a user to guest_name or guest regarding contents, but no option to delete everything (user and contents like post and topic), as it when you can do at the admincp.

PS: Not a big issue tho, I can do that full delete within admincp, but I thought to ask about this.

Again, well done.

I'd like to second a request for this as nearly every user who wishes to delete their account on our site also wants their content removed in most cases (usually gallery and downloads).

On 10/21/2022 at 7:27 AM, abobader said:

Hi Adriano,

Again, well done.

5 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

I'd like to second a request for this as nearly every user who wishes to delete their account on our site also wants their content removed in most cases (usually gallery and downloads).

I'll add it as an option to the user in the request delete account screen. Something like:

Ybngm3a.png

7 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I'll add it as an option to the user in the request delete account screen. Something like:

On 10/21/2022 at 12:27 PM, abobader said:

Hi Adriano,

Again, well done.

https://support.ipslink.pl/uploads/monthly_2022_11/image.png.cd387a08cafdf315c31c84baee65645a.png

https://support.ipslink.pl/uploads/monthly_2022_11/image.png.32cd37eaa5e9170d4766385882cd3517.png

https://support.ipslink.pl/uploads/monthly_2022_11/image.png.b37f31651d34d776fb12e4614dd5bc45.png

It was done some time ago for one of yours/mine client. 😉 No worry, won't share it anywhere public. 🙂

On 11/7/2022 at 2:35 PM, Adriano Faria said:

That will not be good (for me at least), what I was asking, that the admin within modcp can have an option to delete the contents or not, and my reason for that, someone simple start a thread just to request account removal, that thread we normally deleted when we remove the account.

Since we are a support help forum for a product, many time, users start a help thread and when they get help replies, simply they wanted the account removal, in this case we simply deleted the account as guest and leave the contents, since it could help other with similar issue.

On 11/8/2022 at 9:49 AM, abobader said:

That will not be good (for me at least)

Sorry, I have to think in the whole thing, not how it would be for one or another, as it isn't a custom job. You probably should contact the other dev above. It should fit your needs.

That's how I did it:

- Admin decides if the user can request to delete content:

n0FTfzH.png

If enabled, the option will be available in the Account Settings form:

3LIR8sC.png

I’ll wait and see how it goes. It can be changed on a new version. 

Edited by Adriano Faria