Delete My Account

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

When a user tries to submit their request for deletion, this error is thrown:

UPDATE `IPB_core_members` core_members  SET `deleteaccount`=1,`deleteaccount_reason`='<p>
	User no longer wants account.
</p>' WHERE member_id=234782 
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'deleteaccount' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /home/user/web/site.com/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php(870): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('UPDATE `IPB_cor...', Array)
#1 /home/user/web/site.com/public_html/forum/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(489): IPS\_Db->update('core_members', Array, Array)
#2 [internal function]: IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /home/user/web/site.com/public_html/forum/init.php(441) : eval()'d code(68): call_user_func_array('parent::save', Array)
#4 /home/user/web/site.com/public_html/forum/system/Member/Member.php(317): IPS\Patterns\rules_hook_ipsPatternsActiveRecord->save()
#5 /home/user/web/site.com/public_html/forum/init.php(441) : eval()'d code(40): IPS\_Member->save()
#6 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\front\system\hook1153->_deletemyaccount()
#7 /home/user/web/site.com/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(55): call_user_func(Array)
#8 /home/user/web/site.com/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->manage()
#9 /home/user/web/site.com/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(35): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#10 /home/user/web/site.com/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->execute()
#11 /home/user/web/site.com/public_html/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

Running 4.1.16.1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Adriano,

I have just been made aware of a huge over sight with this mod.

Once a member requests to delete the account there is no way for a member to cancel that request.

I have a member who did it by mistake and didn't know who to contact.  I approved her request and now she's super pissed.

Turns out she wanted to keep her account.

People often try to delete their account in a rage. They settle down and realize that was not a good idea. One of the best things about this mod is that I don't delete accounts for a few days after requesting deletion. Allowing members time to be certain. I didn't realize they have no decent way of changing their minds on their end.

Please help

Thank you :)

@Adriano Faria

Agreed but that's up to me to wait a few days giving them a chance to cancel.

ISSUE #2:  (just discovered this)

If I cancel the request from the mod panel the user should have the opportunity to request again if they like. However, it's totally blank after. (see screen shot)

Means user can only make this request 1 time. If canceled there is no way to delete the account going forward.  @Adriano Faria

no options.JPG

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Andriano,

I keep getting errors, I'm using IPB 4.2.2

I removed the files (FTP) re-upped them, removed the plugin, reinstalled it several times but I keep getting error messages about a unknown column.

UPDATE `ibf_core_members` core_members  SET `deleteaccount`=0,`deleteaccount_reason`=NULL WHERE member_id='4555' 
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'deleteaccount_reason' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /var/www/vhosts/forum.com/httpdocs/system/Db/Db.php(990): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('UPDATE `ibf_cor...', Array)
#1 /var/www/vhosts/forum.com/httpdocs/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(67): IPS\_Db->update('core_members', Array, Array)
#2 /var/www/vhosts/forum.com/httpdocs/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\front\members\hook265->cancelRequest()
#3 /var/www/vhosts/forum.com/httpdocs/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(64): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /var/www/vhosts/forum.com/httpdocs/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->execute()
#5 /var/www/vhosts/forum.com/httpdocs/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, Kurt De Pauw said:

Hello Andriano,

I keep getting errors, I'm using IPB 4.2.2

I removed the files (FTP) re-upped them, removed the plugin, reinstalled it several times but I keep getting error messages about a unknown column.

Thanks in advance

It's weird... it's working on fresh intall and upgrade for me. Anyway, add the column in your SQL Toolbox:

alter table core_members add deleteaccount_reason1 TEXT NULL;

Append the DB prefix to the table if you have one, like ibf_. In this case, it would be:

alter table ibf_core_members add deleteaccount_reason1 TEXT NULL;

hi, my site is cloud hosted with IPS, but when i go to install this it requires me to upload files via FTP to the site. IPS dont allow ftp access and have said that developers should make apps without requiring this. 

How can i install this app without the ability to manually upload files via ftp to my site?

15 hours ago, jp said:

hi, my site is cloud hosted with IPS, but when i go to install this it requires me to upload files via FTP to the site. IPS dont allow ftp access and have said that developers should make apps without requiring this. 

How can i install this app without the ability to manually upload files via ftp to my site?

I'll make it as app tomorrow/friday. 

Edited by Adriano Faria

What's New in Version 2.1.0:

• Resource make from the scratch as an APPLICATION now.
  • New feature: User can cancel the deletion account request on Account Settings

Upgrade from 2.0.3 to 2.1.0:

• Uninstall the plugin
  • Remove the following files via FTP:
    • applications\core\extensions\core\ModCp\DeleteAccount.php
    • applications\core\extensions\core\Notifications\DeleteAccount.php
  • Install the application

NOTE:

• Uinstall the plugin will make ALL your pending requests to be deleted. So upgrade ONLY when you don't have ANY pending request. Take your time. The plugin will be supportable for more 3 months.
  • 2 weeks later...