Videos Support

1 minute ago, Mike John said:

Add new media site.

Site Type - Media Tag
Site Name - 'Barneys Girlfriend'ute
Site Match - https://www.'Barneys Girlfriend'ute.com/video/(\S+?)/
Example URL - https://www.'Barneys Girlfriend'ute.com/video/OdOQDtKsMu4/

Site Replace

<iframe width="640" height="360" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border: none;" src="https://www.&#39;Barneys Girlfriend&#39;ute.com/embed/$1/"></iframe>

You can't say that URL here

4 minutes ago, SC36DC said:

On the page where a video is displayed, is it possible to disable the "Read More" part for the Description section, and just have the Description section show in full?

If you open acp > theme editor > videos > front > view > view.

Find and remove:

data-ipsTruncate data-ipsTruncate-size='4 lines' data-ipsTruncate-type='hide'
4 hours ago, Mike John said:

If you open acp > theme editor > videos > front > view > view.

Find and remove:

data-ipsTruncate data-ipsTruncate-size='4 lines' data-ipsTruncate-type='hide'

is it possible for this to be made a setting - as it's amongst the the first template edits I do when upgrading 

Styling Issues:

On the VIDEOS page, in the sidebar area. The 'Latest Videos' box, at the bottom where it states, 'View All Videos', this is centered and has a solid line above it. 'Latest Comments' box,  at the bottom it says 'View All Comments' this is also centered and has a solid line above it. The 'Categories' box at the bottom it says 'View All Categories', is it possible to style this part the same as the other 2 sections?

Also on the VIDEOS page, the Trending, Following, Discover, Featured tabs, is it possible to reorder these? I would like Discover to show 1st, then Trending, then Following, then Featured.

Also on the VIDEOS page, the thumbnails for the videos display correctly, but when a video is in the 'Featured Videos' section, the thumbnail shows a black bar at the top and bottom of the image. Anyway to display this in the same way as it does on the page?

When you are viewing a Categories page, also the thumbnails for the video display at a different aspect ratio then it does on the main video page, and it cuts off the top and bottom parts of the image. Anyway to get the Categories page to display the same way as it does on the main VIDEOS page? This would be great!

Thank you.

I am getting this error with the latest version 3.4.1 and IPS 4.4.10

OutOfBoundsException::0

#0 /.../system/Content/Item.php(4267): IPS\Node\_Model->can('reply', Object(IPS\Member), false)
#1 /.../system/Theme/Theme.php(847) : eval()'d code(256): IPS\Content\_Item->commentForm()
#2 /.../system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_videos_front_view->comments(Object(IPS\videos\Video))
#3 /.../system/Theme/Theme.php(847) : eval()'d code(1299): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('comments', Array)
#4 /.../system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_videos_front_view->view(Object(IPS\videos\Video), Object(IPS\videos\Video), Object(IPS\videos\Video))
#5 /.../applications/videos/modules/front/videos/view.php(198): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('view', Array)
#6 /.../system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\videos\modules\front\videos\_view->manage()
#7 /.../system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /.../applications/videos/modules/front/videos/view.php(34): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#9 /.../system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\videos\modules\front\videos\_view->execute()
#10 /.../index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

On 4/16/2020 at 11:43 AM, SC36DC said:

On the VIDEOS page, in the sidebar area. The 'Latest Videos' box, at the bottom where it states, 'View All Videos', this is centered and has a solid line above it. 'Latest Comments' box,  at the bottom it says 'View All Comments' this is also centered and has a solid line above it. The 'Categories' box at the bottom it says 'View All Categories', is it possible to style this part the same as the other 2 sections?

You could add a line but it really depends on your theme.

Open acp > theme editor > videos > front > browse > categoriesBlock

Find

<p class='ipsType_center'>

Add Above

<hr class='ipsHr'>

Save.

Also on the VIDEOS page, the Trending, Following, Discover, Featured tabs, is it possible to reorder these? I would like Discover to show 1st, then Trending, then Following, then Featured.

Do you have ftp access to your files? This can be done but you'll need to modify some files.

Also on the VIDEOS page, the thumbnails for the videos display correctly, but when a video is in the 'Featured Videos' section, the thumbnail shows a black bar at the top and bottom of the image. Anyway to display this in the same way as it does on the page?

What do you have set for your "Standard thumbnail dimensions" setting?

On 4/16/2020 at 5:52 PM, Mohsen Parhizkar said:

I am getting this error with the latest version 3.4.1 and IPS 4.4.10

I've replied elsewhere with a patch, can you try that and let me know how it goes.

23 minutes ago, Mike John said:

ou could add a line but it really depends on your theme.

Open acp > theme editor > videos > front > browse > categoriesBlock

Find

Add Above

<hr class='ipsHr'>

Save.

Thanks for this. This worked as far as adding the line above, but the text 'View All Categories' is still flushed with the bottom and not centered vertically. Any way to adjust this?

Thanks.

Edited by SC36DC

I noticed when looking at a video while the DISCOVER tab is selected, a video says it has '11 views', then while the TRENDING tab is selected, the same video shows it has '18 views'. This goes for all videos, they have different view count depending on which tab is active.

Is this a bug? Or what does this mean exactly? Does it mean how many views they got in each section (Discover, Trending), if so, is it possible to display total view count, no matter which tab is active?

Thank you.

21 hours ago, SC36DC said:

Thanks for this. This worked as far as adding the line above, but the text 'View All Categories' is still flushed with the bottom and not centered vertically. Any way to adjust this?

Can you take a screenshot of this or provide admin access to your site? I'm thinking this might be theme dependent if this is looking fine on the default theme.

1 hour ago, SC36DC said:

Is this a bug? Or what does this mean exactly? Does it mean how many views they got in each section (Discover, Trending), if so, is it possible to display total view count, no matter which tab is active?

If you've got tending set to "weekly", it will only show the number of weekly views for those videos. Other tabs are showing the total number of views. You can modify this in the videos > front > browse > videoThumbRow

Find:

$row->video_trending_views

Replace With:

$row->views

Save.

24 minutes ago, Mike John said:

Can you take a screenshot of this or provide admin access to your site? I'm thinking this might be theme dependent if this is looking fine on the default theme.

Videos-Categories.jpg.546ae3309d0355289c93ba4abebe4513.jpg

I am using a IPFocus theme, Chameleon.

25 minutes ago, Mike John said:

If you've got tending set to "weekly", it will only show the number of weekly views for those videos.

I just changed it to Daily.

25 minutes ago, Mike John said:

You can modify this in the videos > front > browse > videoThumbRow

I just did this, and it worked.

Thank you.

The block that displays Latest Comments, I would like to display this on my homepage to let people know that there are comments being made in the Videos section. How would I change the block header from 'Latest Comments' to 'Latest Video Comments'?

Thank you in advance for your help!

On 4/21/2020 at 9:42 AM, SC36DC said:

I am using a IPFocus theme, Chameleon.

Without access to the theme it's hard to give an exact edit but I'd probably start with adding a spacer to the bottom, so in the categoriesBlock template bit.

Find:

Replace With:

<p class='ipsType_center ipsSpacer_bottom'>

Save. Perhaps even try ipsSpacer_double as well.

19 hours ago, SC36DC said:

The block that displays Latest Comments, I would like to display this on my homepage to let people know that there are comments being made in the Videos section. How would I change the block header from 'Latest Comments' to 'Latest Video Comments'?

Look for the "block_videosComments" language bit in your language file and change that.

10 minutes ago, Mike John said:

Look for the "block_videosComments" language bit in your language file and change that.

This worked perfectly, thank you.

The suggested change for the spacing issue did not work though. Is it ok if I PM you the link to the page, will that help at all for you to see it?

Statistics-Line.thumb.jpg.51af126d80bb32c509c413331207066e.jpgI have a few issues when viewing the VIDEOS section on mobile. Some of these are actual formatting/css issues and some I guess are requested styling help. This applies when viewing it with my IPSfocus theme and IPS default theme. Any help you can provide for this, I would greatly appreciate. Thank you so much!

REACTIONS
Reactions.thumb.jpg.184ce5050693d0549ffd1a536491e1a5.jpg

FEATURED VIDEOS TITLE TEXT OVERLAP/'SORT BY' FILTER
TtitleTextArea-Overlap.thumb.jpg.68aeb57d98b7d81b4f81943ca528f311.jpg

STATISTICS
Statistics-Line.thumb.jpg.51af126d80bb32c509c413331207066e.jpg

CATEGORIES
Videos-Categories.thumb.jpg.0af84d84074db2af6818a463c309738c.jpg

One more thing is the bottom copyright/link is placed above the social media icons  20200425_031526.thumb.jpg.5ea66ee5f90f646ee587e4ceb2903fa9.jpg

Edited by SC36DC
3 hours ago, SC36DC said:

Does anyone have any CSS help needed to fix the issues I mentioned in the above post? I'd greatly appreciate it, thank you.

I think I'll need admin login details to take a look. It would be much easier to apply this directly to the theme itself.