Videos Support

Open httpdocs/applications/videos/modules/front/videos/index.php and move

$tabs['new'] = array( 'title' => \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->language()->addToStack( 'videos_tab_new' ),
                                   'url'   => \IPS\Http\Url::internal( 'app=videos&module=videos&controller=index&tab=new', 'front', 'videos_tab_new' )
        );

below /* Setup index tabs */

https://prnt.sc/oy8n9d

Btw I DON'T recomment editing addon files, do this on your own risk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BUGS

1. Can't move more than one video at a time
  2. Video size (on auto) seems to be a bit larger than you would think it should be
  3. Sometimes categories will duplicate themselves on creation
  4. Start a topic still shows when adding a video even if the feature is turned off

REQUESTS

1. Make category list a block so we can move it or at least add the option to move it from the side bar to the top of the videos
  2. "Quick Add" should be an option inside the categories and not just when adding a new video from the home screen

Here are some examples of different "Media Import" URL's...

1111755954_ScreenShot2019-09-30at6_37_03PM.thumb.png.7f26fad58014f231ce1effabe82316e2.png

Edited by fix3r
On 8/22/2019 at 8:00 PM, Allfict said:

Can you please add a feature to people to actually reply to comments similar to youtube?

I'm using IPB's internal comments system. This is something that would be best implemented in IPB itself instead of me adding a custom comments system with reply support.

On 9/8/2019 at 7:55 PM, Durango said:

We noticed Google search console was reporting hundreds of different urls with parameters for categories pages

Can you add a canonical link in the code for categories (and for videos items)

Noted for the next update. If you've got ftp access to your files, let me know and I can pass along an edit for you to test this sooner.

On 9/9/2019 at 2:27 AM, sudo said:

How much does it cost to remove the footer tag?

You can purchase copyright removal here. I can't offer it in the ips marketplace.

On 9/19/2019 at 3:57 AM, Maxxius said:

It is still not clear for me after reading the app description - does it have those inline notifications for followed content or is the users notified about followed content only by email?

Using the default followed content notification. So basically it will send the same notification that a topic, download or blog entry would use for example.

On 9/27/2019 at 11:39 AM, Saurabh Jain said:

any possible way of  embedding playlist 

say i have 40 videos in 1 play list 

they are lecture 1 lecture 2   ..lecture 40 on  subject

Is it possible to import all in single website url

Playlist support is not really supported unless you enable "paste embed" support for your group and add the custom playlist html from Youtube.

On 9/28/2019 at 10:13 PM, fix3r said:

Does this add on "UPLOAD" the video to your site or does it just "EMBED" it from the source?

Primarily supports video embed/oembed links but does have basic html5 video upload support.

On 10/1/2019 at 8:38 AM, fix3r said:

BUGS

1. Can't move more than one video at a time
  2. Video size (on auto) seems to be a bit larger than you would think it should be
  3. Sometimes categories will duplicate themselves on creation
  4. Start a topic still shows when adding a video even if the feature is turned off

REQUESTS

1. Make category list a block so we can move it or at least add the option to move it from the side bar to the top of the videos
  2. "Quick Add" should be an option inside the categories and not just when adding a new video from the home screen

All noted, if you've got no priority here. I'll start with the first bug. Are you moving from the category? Because it appears to be providing me a move option for multiple videos.

uStkqDF.png

Great app!

My main problem is not being able to move a video posted as a topic in the forum to the Videos application.

It takes a while for members used to a forum, to learn now that there is a new place to post video stuff and discuss it there, even if it is in the main menu. As it is now, videos are spread allover with no distinct place.

Any ideas?

Edited by yameth
1 hour ago, Mike John said:

Something like "add to videos app" is not currently supported but something I can look at. I assume you've mostly got youtube embeds in these topics? Just a single video?

That would be great!

Yes, a single Youtube embed with a comment.

Edited by yameth
On 10/4/2019 at 4:01 PM, yameth said:

Yes, a single Youtube embed with a comment.

I won't be able to include in a small update but noted for a future feature update.

On 10/5/2019 at 7:32 AM, fix3r said:

it looks like it will work but the videos dont move

Can I get board access to take a look? Just did a quick test on my forums and moved 2 videos into a different category without issue.

• 4 weeks later...