Videos Support

On 12/23/2018 at 3:55 PM, DChiuch said:

Are there any plans to add the nice embeds for when you link to a video category, like this kind of thing

Or maybe a database field type that allows you to link a video category in a record?

For videos or video categories? I don't believe IPS natively supports embeds for categories like that. But I can add a more nice looking embed for videos.

Can you clarify the second point?

On 12/28/2018 at 6:57 PM, yameth said:

Hi! I've just installed the latest version of Videos and it looks great.

First thing I noticed is that when adding a video within a category, besides not opening the pop-up to add video as a Quick add, the application will not load the title/description automatically from the url (from Youtube at least).

Also __defart_videos is missing from the language file and shows as is, in feeds.

1. You may need to use the Youtube API to automatically grab everything. If you check the media sites area, you'll see the location to set this up. Let me know if you need help setting this up. Are you having any issues with other popups on your site? Because I'm not seeing any issues with the quick add on my test board.
  2. Missing lang string noted and will be fixed in the next update due soon.
On 12/31/2018 at 12:00 PM, Bocar said:

Is it allowed to upload any videos formats we want with this app ?

Only if the video format follows HTML5 standards. If you have an example video for me to test, I can do that.

On 12/31/2018 at 12:27 PM, liquidfractal said:

I know this is the worst time of year to ask about this, but I was wondering if the fix has been written?  I'm happy to try out a patch. (Sorry for not getting to this sooner - work has been crazy)

I've got 1 more bug left before releasing this next update that fixes this. So not much longer.

On 1/3/2019 at 6:40 AM, liquidfractal said:

Not sure if this has already been pointed out (I thought maybe it had been, but perhaps IPS' terrible Search function won't help me find it), but in the Activity tab of the member Profile page there is a reference to an undefined language string, i.e., "X commented on Y's __defart_videos in Music".

Yep, see above. Will be fixed soon.

I'm having a compatibility issue with the NewsLetter application.

Seems a language string is missing from Videos.

UnderflowException: lang_not_exists__videos_comments (0)
#0 /home/religio9/public_html/applications/newsletters/extensions/newsletters/NewsletterContent/Comment.php(71): IPS\_Lang->get('videos_comments')
#1 /home/religio9/public_html/applications/newsletters/sources/Newsletter/Content.php(141): IPS\newsletters\extensions\newsletters\NewsletterContent\_Comment::getClasses()
#2 /home/religio9/public_html/applications/newsletters/sources/Newsletter/Content.php(168): IPS\newsletters\Newsletter\_Content->extension()
#3 /home/religio9/public_html/applications/newsletters/modules/admin/newsletters/content.php(209): IPS\newsletters\Newsletter\_Content->formElements(Object(IPS\Helpers\Form))
#4 /home/religio9/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\newsletters\modules\admin\newsletters\_content->edit()
#5 /home/religio9/public_html/applications/newsletters/modules/admin/newsletters/content.php(25): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/religio9/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\newsletters\modules\admin\newsletters\_content->execute()
#7 /home/religio9/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I just created a subcategory under a main category.  Admin has all permissions for both the main category and subcategory.  However, I (Admin) am unable to submit anything to the subcategory from the website - when I click the Add Video button, the subcategory is listed but it's ghosted out and I can't select it.

I can select it in the following screen where you type in description and main details, but for some reason not on the initial screen.

A couple of questions:

• Is this plugin compatible with 4.4? If not, when is the ETA on that?
  • This plugin seems to work great with youtube, but what about others like Dailymotion, Vimeo, etc?
  • Does the reputation system work with this plugin? All I can see is that users can rate (star system) each video but I don't see any Likes.
On 2/12/2019 at 3:18 PM, liquidfractal said:

Ok, so I just created a subcategory under a main category.  Admin has all permissions for both the main category and subcategory.  However, I (Admin) am unable to submit anything to the subcategory from the website - when I click the Add Video button, the subcategory is listed but it's ghosted out and I can't select it.

Are you click "Add Video" from the category itself or from the index page?

On 2/20/2019 at 6:39 AM, simonle said:

A couple of questions:

• Is this plugin compatible with 4.4? If not, when is the ETA on that?
  • This plugin seems to work great with youtube, but what about others like Dailymotion, Vimeo, etc?
  • Does the reputation system work with this plugin? All I can see is that users can rate (star system) each video but I don't see any Likes.
  • Yes new update adds this.
  • Any media site that IPB supports via the oEmbed standard will work in the Videos app just fine. A quick way to test this is to post a Vimeo link for example and see if it turns into an embed automatically.
  • It supports the new "Reactions" feature.

Let me know if you have any more questions or need to see a demo.

On 2/21/2019 at 7:12 PM, Saurabh Jain said:

when can we expect 4.4 compatibility 

The Videos application has received a new update that includes IP.Board 4.4.x compatibility.

On 3/2/2019 at 12:18 AM, kmk said:

1. Members can easily upload videos from a mobile device? limit for some format?

2. There any site can show how cool is viewing with mobile?

I've sent you a PM with a demo board. It has some videos in place now to give you an idea of what the mobile view looks like. If you have any improvements for it, let me know.

Can create play list for automatic reproduction?

Between the play list items I would like create some advertisements.

E.g. I want to reproduce a list of videos(music or home video) in my bussiness local store, and I would like show some campaign that can be use for promoting my website or earning selling ads positions and time for others bussiness. 

I think if I can use this app creating a video hub, will be some natural thing take this advantage.

On 3/6/2019 at 3:10 PM, kmk said:

Can create play list for automatic reproduction?

No not currently. I assume by automatic reproduction you mean you switch to the next video when the current one finishes? That may be a problem technically to achieve as I would need to find out somehow when a video finishes in order to load the next video. And I'm not sure that's something Youtube supports natively outside their own website.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2019 at 12:58 AM, Fierce God said:

can you consider adding integration with this plz

I don't have a copy of it but do you know if it offers extension support for 3rd party apps to easily add support? If not, then it would likely be easier for the author to hook into the Videos app templates and just add another location to their app.

• 2 months later...