Videos Support

I am also affected by the misalignment and it is definitely related to the two lines below the thumbnail. Sometimes you can have long usernames, they push the number of views on second line and this is not always handled correctly. Weird thing is...it is not a problem all the time, but only sometime. Here is an example of two lines working correctly and incorrectly:

image.thumb.png.90244477103ff26f6e8bb4abf1434202.png

When I reduce the length of the username in the "Incorrect" video, all remaining videos nicely snap together:

image.thumb.png.746c86a453bcbac1e2d21974177016b2.png

Mike, feel free to inspect it on my site: https://magelanci.com/videos/

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Mike John!

I just installed this video plugin today on our testing environment and I am wondering if it is possible to add functionality of having 2 lines of Title below the video? As of right now, title is being shortened if it's too long, replacing with three dots on the end.

Example:

Community Biggest wins #11 and some more text is shown as Community Biggest win...

Screenshot:

image.png.854edcdef0afd88784700b3c219aa7ee.png

Also, would it be possible to implement a feature - if you have i.e. 4 videos added on front page and when you open it on Mobile, the listed videos would scroll rather than being shown one below another? It should save a lot of space on the forum in mobile view.

Edited by Kim Hultman
15 hours ago, Kim Hultman said:

I just installed this video plugin today on our testing environment and I am wondering if it is possible to add functionality of having 2 lines of Title below the video? As of right now, title is being shortened if it's too long, replacing with three dots on the end.

The problem with that is that it's been throwing out the alignment of videos that only have short titles. But I'm open to any suggestions to improve this.

15 hours ago, Kim Hultman said:

Also, would it be possible to implement a feature - if you have i.e. 4 videos added on front page and when you open it on Mobile, the listed videos would scroll rather than being shown one below another? It should save a lot of space on the forum in mobile view.

I've noted this and will take a look next update. I don't really have anything on hand to do this right now.

Edited by Mike John
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2018 at 6:14 PM, sound said:

as it shows no extensions are listed

Can you try re-setting your image extensions in the acp videos settings section?

On 7/22/2018 at 11:34 AM, liquidfractal said:

Just updated to Videos 3.3.3, and when I add a new category, fill out title, description etc., then go to add a category image, there are no accepted file types listed and I am unable to upload any image of any format (GIF, PNG, JPG).

Same as above. Double check there's image formats set in the acp and you can revisit the page and it's still there.

Thanks Mike - there were no extensions specified there so setting that up fixed things.

However, something else I just noticed: from the adminCP, I deleted a test category which had one YouTube video in it.  It disappears from the Category listing in the adminCP, but the category and video are still on the site!

In fact, I just ctrl-F5ed my adminCP Videos category listing and my test category reappeared!  So deleting categories doesn't seem to work.

EDIT: I tried deleting it again and got the proper menu for move/delete content as well, which for some reason I didn't get when I deleted it the first time around.  Don't know what happened there!

And one small question: under the General tab when creating a category, what is the Group field for?

Thanks!

Edited by liquidfractal
On 8/5/2018 at 4:06 PM, liquidfractal said:

Thanks Mike - there were no extensions specified there so setting that up fixed things.

I assume it's the case but just wanted to confirm but this was just an upgrade from v3.3.2 and not a fresh install? (Just trying to track down at what stage extensions were lost)

EDIT: I tried deleting it again and got the proper menu for move/delete content as well, which for some reason I didn't get when I deleted it the first time around.  Don't know what happened there!

My best theory would be the browse didn't trigger the modal popup for that option. But there should be a backup page reload that shows the ok/cancel confirmation as well. Did that happen at all?

And one small question: under the General tab when creating a category, what is the Group field for?

Just a custom modification that groups the categories into "groups". So enter "test" in that value and those sidebar categories will only appear from a /videos/?group=test url.

3 hours ago, Mike John said:

I assume it's the case but just wanted to confirm but this was just an upgrade from v3.3.2 and not a fresh install? (Just trying to track down at what stage extensions were lost)

My best theory would be the browse didn't trigger the modal popup for that option. But there should be a backup page reload that shows the ok/cancel confirmation as well. Did that happen at all?

Just a custom modification that groups the categories into "groups". So enter "test" in that value and those sidebar categories will only appear from a /videos/?group=test url.

1.  Yeah, it was an upgrade and not a fresh install.

2. The first time (when I got the error), no, I don't remember getting the backup page reload.

3.  Ok, cool...will try that out. ?

Hello,

When you specify "Media Upload URL" value during "Enter url to uploaded file" mode like "%BOARD_URL%/OpenData/video.mp4" then in discussion topic via "%VIDEO_DATA%" token we have "%BOARD_URL%/OpenData/video.mp4". It's not right. We need to substitute this token if we go by this way. Will be better if we will have only part after %BOARD_URL% token in discussion topic because in case of change of site address we will not require to update existing topics. On my view we can reject the use of %BOARD_URL% fully even in video page. Simply allow user to specify site relative url as is. Because in current moment if we don't include %BOARD_URL% then additional value like "http://site/uploads/" is being prepended to specified url by user. Could you provide a quick fix?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2018 at 5:15 AM, tommax said:

When you specify "Media Upload URL" value during "Enter url to uploaded file" mode like "%BOARD_URL%/OpenData/video.mp4" then in discussion topic via "%VIDEO_DATA%" token we have "%BOARD_URL%/OpenData/video.mp4". It's not right. We need to substitute this token if we go by this way. Will be better if we will have only part after %BOARD_URL% token in discussion topic because in case of change of site address we will not require to update existing topics. On my view we can reject the use of %BOARD_URL% fully even in video page. Simply allow user to specify site relative url as is. Because in current moment if we don't include %BOARD_URL% then additional value like "http://site/uploads/" is being prepended to specified url by user. Could you provide a quick fix?

PM sent. Let me know if that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Luis Velarde said:

I tried the quick translation tool on invision but I cant translate those

I'd recommend the main translation area in the acp then. See acp > customization tab > localization > languages > select language > translate. The strings your looking for are:

videos_quick_add
videos_media_desc

Let me know if you need further help.

On 6/25/2018 at 8:08 AM, jair101 said:

I am also affected by the misalignment and it is definitely related to the two lines below the thumbnail. Sometimes you can have long usernames, they push the number of views on second line and this is not always handled correctly. Weird thing is...it is not a problem all the time, but only sometime. Here is an example of two lines working correctly and incorrectly:

image.thumb.png.90244477103ff26f6e8bb4abf1434202.png

@Mike John

I have a similar issue with my layout but I'm running the latest version. :unsure:

22 hours ago, Joey_M said:

I have a similar issue with my layout but I'm running the latest version. :unsure: 

I can't reproduce this while viewing your site so can you try this edit and let me know if it fixes it?

Open acp > theme editor > videos > front > browse > videoTable

Find:

id='elTable_{$table->uniqueId}'

Add AFTER:

data-ipsGrid data-ipsGrid-minItemSize='200' data-ipsGrid-equalHeights='row'

Save.

14 hours ago, Mike John said:

I can't reproduce this while viewing your site so can you try this edit and let me know if it fixes it?

Open acp > theme editor > videos > front > browse > videoTable

Find:

id='elTable_{$table->uniqueId}'

Add AFTER:

data-ipsGrid data-ipsGrid-minItemSize='200' data-ipsGrid-equalHeights='row'

Save.

No, not really really @Mike John.

It's still off.

Try looking from a 15.6 inch screen or something below 22. My main monitor displays the system perfectly but my laptop doesn't.

@Mike John: Could you please take a look at the screenshot I just PM'ed you please.

The index page seems fine now, did you fix it?

However, the category section has now messed up. It's all over the place. I can't seem to figure out how to increase the number videos those pages are supposed to show either. Would it be possible to review the way the amount of videos are shown within the tabs? I have most set to four, I need to adjust the trending but on my laptop it created a column with plenty of space to the side out it.

There's something weird going on Michael, I think I may have found some bugs. You'll start to curse me soon! 😆

Edited by Joey_M

Mike is there a way to implement a pay per view system,

one of my customers has a series of videos  and is looking for a place holder for his video's  where the user can see a short 60 second clip and then if they want to watch the full video they sign in and pay via PayPal  like say Vimeo  only hosted on IPV  using your video app  

I currently use your product and have his 60 second clips on my board but he has offered me a cut if i can make it work is it even possible?