Videos Support

Hi,

Would it be possible that you could add 'default moderator options' to the submit screen? Such as:

• lock topic, pin topic, hide topic after posting.
  • Unlock and Lock Times
  • Post Date option (I would like the ability to back date videos and there is no way to do this because there is no Post Date Option)

Also, instead of just outputting ' Problem generating embed code.' because the video isn't available, can there be a default template that when clicked takes you to the video on Youtube?

Edited by TDBF

Unsure if this question has been asked prior, but I'm trying to change the application name (was given a custom name upon installing several years ago). No edit icon available under Applications and doing the Language trick doesn't seem to work either.

Anyone dealt with this before that might have a solution?

On 9/22/2018 at 5:46 AM, sound said:

__defart_videos appears to be missing from the video apps language file? 

Noted and will be fixed next update.

On 9/26/2018 at 7:18 AM, Match Fishing said:

I currently use your product and have his 60 second clips on my board but he has offered me a cut if i can make it work is it even possible?

There is no way to do this currently but can note this for a future version. Do you have the Commerce app installed as well?

On 9/28/2018 at 11:52 AM, Joey_M said:

@Mike John 3.3.4 doesn't fix my issues with the categories, they only show three items.

In the next version can you please add the new feature that will allow us to enable/disable the video discussion when adding a new video please.

There is a new group permission to allow this now.

On 9/28/2018 at 7:12 PM, TDBF said:

Would it be possible that you could add 'default moderator options' to the submit screen? Such as:

• lock topic, pin topic, hide topic after posting.
  • Unlock and Lock Times
  • Post Date option (I would like the ability to back date videos and there is no way to do this because there is no Post Date Option) 

Also, instead of just outputting ' Problem generating embed code.' because the video isn't available, can there be a default template that when clicked takes you to the video on Youtube? 

I like both of them. Noted and I might be able to include in the very next bug fixing update rather then feature update.

On 9/30/2018 at 9:15 PM, Michael R said:

I just upgraded to the latest version. This is what I see now with YouTube videos. Videos on Vimeo appear correctly however.

Replied to your ticket recently as well. But by the looks of the picture, it might be unrelated to the embed generation itself. I will probably need admin cp login details in this case.

6 hours ago, craigf136 said:

Unsure if this question has been asked prior, but I'm trying to change the application name (was given a custom name upon installing several years ago). No edit icon available under Applications and doing the Language trick doesn't seem to work either.

In the acp, open the langauge manager and look for these strings. Let me know if that misses anything.

__app_videos
frontnavigation_videos

19 hours ago, Mike John said:

In the acp, open the langauge manager and look for these strings. Let me know if that misses anything.

Managed to change the front navigation string, but even after clearing forum and browser cache, does not change the application name. Now in the Applications details it shows it's called "Videos", but not in the breadcrumb, page title, or meta data.

if( $this->video_type == 'media_upload_url' )
        {
            /* Change board url tag to actual url */
            if( mb_substr( $this->video_data, 0, 11 ) === '%BOARD_URL%' )
            {
                $this->video_data = str_replace( '%BOARD_URL%', '', $this->video_data );
            }
        }

This is what i want and it works. Substitution str_replace( '%BOARD_URL%', '', $this->video_data ). Could you include this fix in the next build? And what about video addresses in pages of video system? Are they being recalculated every time (request) based on current site address? I still mean the case of change of site address

Can we do by the same way site-relative values of other tokens (%VIDEO_LINK%, %CATEGORY_LINK% etc)?

$tags['%CATEGORY_LINK%'] = "<a href=".str_replace( \IPS\Http\Url::internal( '' ), '', $this->container()->url() ).">".$this->container()->_title."</a>";
$tags['%VIDEO_LINK%']	 = "<a href=".str_replace( \IPS\Http\Url::internal( '' ), '', $this->url() ).">{$this->title}</a>";
$tags['%PROFILE_LINK%']	 = "<a href=".str_replace( \IPS\Http\Url::internal( '' ), '', $this->author()->url() ).">".$this->author()->name."</a>";

You have a bug when the name of picture contains brackets ( )

https://yadi.sk/i/bQFp2z54o1UQlg

You can't add video with site-relative address via "Quick Add" dialog

https://yadi.sk/i/-VSqYix9VE82rw

Issue with category content

https://yadi.sk/i/zc_ls9h8R-pmGw

Add one more configuration to discussion topic in order to allow to specify date format per language

$tags['%DATE_ADDED%']     = \IPS\DateTime::create( $this->date )->format( 'd-m-Y' );
$tags['%DATE_UPDATED%']     = $this->last_updated ? \IPS\DateTime::create( $this->last_updated )->format( 'd-m-Y' ) : '';

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, love the app and I really appreciate how on top of support you are 😄

I was wondering if it would be easy to implement these features, or if they'd have to come under extra paid development work:

- Custom friendly URLs for categories
- The ability to have categories & subcategories appear in a URL, on a per-category basis (so a category URL might be /videos/category/subcategory/)
- Custom friendly URLs for records
- The ability to have the category URL appear in the record URL (eg. /videos/category/subcategory/friendly-record-url)

Thanks, I really appreciate any indication about whether these are possible.

Edited by DChiuch
8 hours ago, DChiuch said:

I was wondering if it would be easy to implement these features, or if they'd have to come under extra paid development work:

- Friendly URLs for categories
- The ability to have categories & subcategories appear in a URL, on a per-category basis (so a category URL might be /videos/category/subcategory/)
- Friendly URLs for records
- The ability to have the category URL appear in the record URL (eg. /videos/category/subcategory/friendly-record-url)

Thanks, I really appreciate any indication about whether these are possible.

The system already supports friendly URL's.

You might want to try clearing your FURL's via the ACP, in the past I have installed applications that have odd URL's and this fixed it. The option to revert all changes but be warned if you do, this reset any customisation you have made to any FURL's.

Worth mentioning.

10 hours ago, Joey_M said:

The system already supports friendly URL's.

You might want to try clearing your FURL's via the ACP, in the past I have installed applications that have odd URL's and this fixed it. The option to revert all changes but be warned if you do, this reset any customisation you have made to any FURL's.

Worth mentioning.

Oh sorry, I meant to say custom friendly URLs

On 10/3/2018 at 10:19 AM, craigf136 said:

Managed to change the front navigation string, but even after clearing forum and browser cache, does not change the application name. Now in the Applications details it shows it's called "Videos", but not in the breadcrumb, page title, or meta data.

There are going to be several different strings for each area. i.e module__videos_videos for breadcrumb. It might be easier to just search for the "Videos" strings and filter by the videos app in the language manager.

On 10/6/2018 at 5:53 AM, tommax said:

This is what i want and it works. Substitution str_replace( '%BOARD_URL%', '', $this->video_data ). Could you include this fix in the next build? And what about video addresses in pages of video system? Are they being recalculated every time (request) based on current site address? I still mean the case of change of site address 

Can we do by the same way site-relative values of other tokens (%VIDEO_LINK%, %CATEGORY_LINK% etc)?

$tags['%CATEGORY_LINK%'] = "<a href=".str_replace( \IPS\Http\Url::internal( '' ), '', $this->container()->url() ).">".$this->container()->_title."</a>";
$tags['%VIDEO_LINK%']	 = "<a href=".str_replace( \IPS\Http\Url::internal( '' ), '', $this->url() ).">{$this->title}</a>";
$tags['%PROFILE_LINK%']	 = "<a href=".str_replace( \IPS\Http\Url::internal( '' ), '', $this->author()->url() ).">".$this->author()->name."</a>";

I can include them but it might be best to include under a different tag for relative urls? i.e. CATEGORY_LINK_REL

You have a bug when the name of picture contains brackets ( ) 

You can't add video with site-relative address via "Quick Add" dialog

Issue with category content

Noted to fix in next update.

On 10/6/2018 at 6:35 PM, Match Fishing said:

Yes I do  

This could be done in a few ways, let me know if you or anyone else has any feedback. 1) Add group permissions per video, so you can do a group upgrade as part of your commerce product. 2) I think Commerce might have some integration support already built in like they do with the Downloads app.

On 10/14/2018 at 8:18 PM, DChiuch said:

Thank you. 🙂

I can commit to support for custom category urls. I've added it recently elsewhere and it shouldn't be an issue. It might be something I can include in a bug fixing update but at the very least in the next feature update.

Support for custom video urls and including parent categories in the urls would probably be something further down the line if you wanted to wait for me to include it as part of a future update. Custom video urls shouldn't be a problem but including parent categories in the urls would require a bit of thinking to ensure legacy support.

Add one more configuration to discussion topic in order to allow to specify date format per language

$tags['%DATE_ADDED%']     = \IPS\DateTime::create( $this->date )->format( 'd-m-Y' );
$tags['%DATE_UPDATED%']     = $this->last_updated ? \IPS\DateTime::create( $this->last_updated )->format( 'd-m-Y' ) : '';

Could you consider this feature? To allow user to use any format of date supported by php (Y-m-d, d-m-Y etc) and depending from using language.

And we have one more bug. For some reasons during first saving of new added video the "%BOARD_URL%" token is being lost. We need to edit new added video and specify this token one more time. After that he is being saved properly.

Thank you for your feedback!

12 hours ago, tommax said:

Could you consider this feature? To allow user to use any format of date supported by php (Y-m-d, d-m-Y etc) and depending from using language.

It might be better to switch to the "localeDate" function then. It should use the correct date depending on the language selected.

12 hours ago, tommax said:

And we have one more bug. For some reasons during first saving of new added video the "%BOARD_URL%" token is being lost. We need to edit new added video and specify this token one more time. After that he is being saved properly. 

This is in addition to the quick add bug?

On 10/21/2018 at 3:50 AM, Mike John said:

It might be better to switch to the "localeDate" function then. It should use the correct date depending on the language selected.

If we will have separate setting per language then we can specify any format we want (long or short date time) for each language. On my view big opportunities are in setting of any format (m-Y, d-m, etc) as setting.

On 10/21/2018 at 3:50 AM, Mike John said:

This is in addition to the quick add bug?

It's separate bug.

On 10/22/2018 at 8:39 PM, tommax said:

If we will have separate setting per language then we can specify any format we want (long or short date time) for each language. On my view big opportunities are in setting of any format (m-Y, d-m, etc) as setting.

That might not be possible through settings themselves. I will have to look.

• 3 weeks later...

Could you consider the creation of similar component for books using the foundation of videos component? I'm interested in different formats (docx, pdf, djvu etc). The main idea is preview of book content and creation of discussion topic with rich token substitution. Maybe for creation of preview we can write server side service (on .NET) and return preview in pdf format for any supporting formats of books. Any other ideas are welcome. You have a good foundation for different types of content to structure them on the portal

Definitely in first version we can have only PDF files support. And some other formats like docx can be easily converted to PDF by user.

On 11/24/2018 at 7:31 AM, liquidfractal said:

I've just created a new category in Videos, and in the Settings tab I have checked and double-checked to make sure that discussion topics are not created.  However, when I submitted the first YouTube clip it ended up creating a forums topic anyway.  So Videos seems to be ignoring this setting. 

Logged this as a bug. Working on a new bug fixing update for the Videos app so shouldn't be very long. Otherwise can put together a patch if you've got ftp and want to try it out...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I've just installed the latest version of Videos and it looks great.

First thing I noticed is that when adding a video within a category, besides not opening the pop-up to add video as a Quick add, the application will not load the title/description automatically from the url (from Youtube at least).

Also __defart_videos is missing from the language file and shows as is, in feeds.

Edited by yameth
On 11/30/2018 at 4:06 PM, Mike John said:

Logged this as a bug. Working on a new bug fixing update for the Videos app so shouldn't be very long. Otherwise can put together a patch if you've got ftp and want to try it out...

Hey Mike,

I know this is the worst time of year to ask about this, but I was wondering if the fix has been written?  I'm happy to try out a patch. (Sorry for not getting to this sooner - work has been crazy)