Videos Support

Also, could you please tell me how to change the words "Key" and "Value" when adding Extra Videos.
Videos-Key-Value.jpg.72abf496d4398bcadf7a388c2490d3d3.jpg

I would like to change it to something more straightforward so people understand what to enter in each field. Like the following:
Videos-Title-URL.jpg.0f9a8324567b9f6a637a9a6103377371.jpg

BTW, is it possible to add a way that once they click in the text field to enter the title and url, the placeholder text goes away, right now they have to delete it manually.

Thank you!!

On 5/3/2020 at 7:31 AM, SC36DC said:

Also, could you please tell me how to change the words "Key" and "Value" when adding Extra Videos.

That's currently a technical limitation of IPB because I'm using the "Key Value" field. Hopefully IPB 4.5 will allow me to add my own custom language bits and I can fix this then.

Just now, Mike John said:

That's currently a technical limitation of IPB because I'm using the "Key Value" field. Hopefully IPB 4.5 will allow me to add my own custom language bits and I can fix this then.

That's understandable. Thanks for letting me know. At least I was able to change the text within the fields. 

Feature Request:

Is it possible to add the ability to set a character or word limit for the comments shown in the 'Video Comments' block. Just in case someone (has happened to me) leaves a long comment. This way the size of the block will stay consistent when displayed. 

Thank you.

On 5/9/2020 at 5:19 AM, SC36DC said:

Is it possible to add the ability to set a character or word limit for the comments shown in the 'Video Comments' block. Just in case someone (has happened to me) leaves a long comment. This way the size of the block will stay consistent when displayed. 

Is this for the sidebar widget? There should already be something to truncate longer text after 6 lines.

5 minutes ago, Mike John said:

Is this for the sidebar widget? There should already be something to truncate longer text after 6 lines.

Yes, for the sidebar widget. And yes you are correct. I just checked. I have one comment that is truncated at 6 lines. I didn't know that this was already in there. Is it possible to explain how/which file to edit to change the amount of 6 to maybe 3 or 4? Many thanks Mike!

3 hours ago, SC36DC said:

Yes, for the sidebar widget. And yes you are correct. I just checked. I have one comment that is truncated at 6 lines. I didn't know that this was already in there. Is it possible to explain how/which file to edit to change the amount of 6 to maybe 3 or 4? Many thanks Mike!

If you open your acp > look & feel tab > videos > front > widgets > videosComments

Find and change:

data-ipsTruncate-size='6 lines'

Save.

7 minutes ago, Mike John said:

If you open your acp > look & feel tab > videos > front > widgets > videosComments

Find and change:

data-ipsTruncate-size='6 lines'

Save.

Perfect. Easy fix. Thanks again Mike.

I did reply to the last private message you sent me, when you get a chance I'd appreciate if you could check it out. Thank you!!!

I have a Request 🙂

Can you make the Video App coincide with the Ignore Functions?
For example. If someone Ignores a Users on the website.
They will no longer see their Videos within the Video Section.
And they won't see them on the Activity feed.

Thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know where I can find basic guidance on integrating the Videos plugin into my site?  I’ve purchased and installed the plugin, but am not sure what to do next.  The company has been completely non-responsive to my multiple requests for assistance.  

Edited by Admin 1
2 hours ago, Admin 1 said:

Does anybody know where I can find basic guidance on integrating the Videos plugin into my site?  I’ve purchased and installed the plugin, but am not sure what to do next.  The company has been completely non-responsive to my multiple requests for assistance.  

What exactly have you been able to do so far? What are you trying to do?

I would like to have a page where the videos live, and then a way to preview a handful of them on the main page of the site.

I’m pretty inept at this, so could use very basic instructions. 

Thus far other than installing the plugin I’ve done nothing.

Pat

Edited by Admin 1

If the application is already Enabled, did you go to your Menu Manager in the ACP under System>Menu Manager? You then click 'Add Item' and select 'Videos', you can drag it and place it where you want in your menu, it defaults placing and newly added item first (at the top). When done make sure to click 'Publish this menu'. This will add it to your menu, if it didn't already once you installed and enabled it.

Edited by SC36DC
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to select how many videos are included in the "latest videos" section?

And in a related question, can I select videos to be featured, or are they always based on most recently added?

Edited by Admin 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2020 at 10:03 PM, Admin 1 said:

Is there a way to select how many videos are included in the "latest videos" section?

And in a related question, can I select videos to be featured, or are they always based on most recently added?

In the videos settings.

wbec9oq.png

And yes, in the manage dropdown for each video, you can select which videos are featured and only "featured" videos will then appear in that tab or the front carousel.

On 6/13/2020 at 8:13 AM, Sheffielder said:

Have I done something wrong? (I put in my username to post from me in the video settings)

Could you please take a screenshot of the setting?

• 4 weeks later...

Someone messaged me asking how to add a video, I signed in as them to test things out and found out the "Add Video" button does not show for them. They have permission to add videos, they are in a group that can add videos, do you have any idea why they are not able to? I would appreciate some help with this. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I am still dealing with members of my forum unable to "Add Video" to the Videos section. While permissions are all set correctly, they do not have the option to add a new video. Anyone else experiencing this?

On 8/20/2020 at 4:03 AM, sound said:

have we a date for 4.5 compatibility release yet?

Yes, is it possible to get an update on when the new 4.5 compatible version will be released? This week, next week, next month?

Thank you.