Videos Support

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 8:55 PM, Maxxius said:

I wonder if Videos system is integrated to IPS Ignore settings? I mean would it be possible to ignore Videos uploaded by certain memebers?

No not currently and it looks like this is not even an option for IPS apps either, so likely not something that can be extended by this app either.

On 11/6/2019 at 10:45 PM, yameth said:

When in a category and the admin picks or ticks videos for mass move to another category, nothing happens. The option does not work.

Can I please get board access to troubleshoot this? I've had this reported before but can not reproduce this.

On 11/9/2019 at 6:58 AM, TimTheMiles said:

Any chance we can integrate 'Barneys Girlfriend'ute videos?
We'd love to have that as an option for submitting videos.

PM sent for clarification.

On 11/12/2019 at 5:57 AM, Christforums said:

Is there a way to change the video size and change the size for videos already posted? Probably has to do with my template but they are too large:

see acp > videos > media sites > rebuild embeds.

On 11/12/2019 at 6:12 PM, OliverKapunkt said:

Another thing, when you use videos in clubs the club videos are shown on the main page (discover, trending) too, even when you're not a member of the club.

In private clubs or public ones?

16 hours ago, OliverKapunkt said:

That shouldn't matter when I select to show content "Only within Clubs".

I need to know what state the club is and then can see if it's not following some privacy settings IPB has setup.

aVBT4Z5.png

I'm not seeing any purchase for this app in the Marketplace. If you purchased via my site, I would recommend opening a support ticket there.

• 2 weeks later...

The Videos application has been updated with a few new features:

1. Support for "IPB3 style Media Tag" urls. For sites that don't support oEmbed but do regular expression match/replace.
  2. Quick add now supported in category view as well.
  3. New video category tabs options to add selected video categories as there own tabs on the Videos homepage.
  4. "Post To Videos" support added in forum posts. This feature works with the quick add feature if enabled. And will automatically support more then one video in the "extra videos" section. (Support only for YouTube and Vimeo)

3iWw6be.png

fLga4fX.png

5BP4GI7.png

Nsb8vee.png

IDga7tU.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just upgraded and got this error in the settings

Something went wrong. Check the values provided on the marked tabs and try again.

Under Thumbnails and Uploads tab:

Allowed thumbnail extensions field is blank but says is required, what goes here?  I guess this the reason for the error.

Thanks

Thanks for the update but I think that the "post to videos" button is of no real use, unless member groups can be chosen to use it e.g. the moderators.

What is the point of having double posts, at forum and videos?

I am having trouble repeating to people in my forum there is a new section specifically for posting videos.

Nowdays people add videos just to show something interesting not necessarily to discuss it. And to me Videos is a great gallery for that but until they understand and get the hang of it, the mods need to transfer videos being added to the forum.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2019 at 3:30 AM, fix3r said:

Thanks for the update, can you please make the category list movable

Still saved as a suggestion and will be looked into in a future update.

On 12/19/2019 at 11:01 AM, ToeJam said:

Allowed thumbnail extensions field is blank but says is required, what goes here?  I guess this the reason for the error.

If you fill them in and go back and view the settings? Is the setting empty again?

On 12/20/2019 at 9:12 PM, yameth said:

Thanks for the update but I think that the "post to videos" button is of no real use, unless member groups can be chosen to use it e.g. the moderators.

I'll note group permissions option next update.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi @Mike John

we noticed a dangerous SEO problem on your app :

the categories URL are indexed by Google with various sorts of filters

ex :

site.com/community/videos/category/3-travel/?sortby=title&sortdirection=asc&listType=list&csrfKey=cd3e900e764264ca4e1c6bae757fff71

this can lead to duplicate content problems

there is a simple solution for this :

can you add a canonical tag on categories urls : (like we have on forum categories urls) :

<link rel="canonical" href="https://www.site.com/community/videos/category/3-travel/" />

thank you 🙂

On 12/5/2019 at 2:54 PM, Mike John said:

Support for "IPB3 style Media Tag" urls. For sites that don't support oEmbed but do regular expression match/replace.

Can you show me how to set this up for B|T Chute
I put exactly as the image shows, but it just says (Configuration Error) when I try posting a B|T Chute Video 😞 

Edited by TimTheMiles
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2020 at 4:45 PM, SC36DC said:

I am thinking about purchasing this plugin, I am just checking to see if this plugin is still being supported, and are there plans for future updates? Thank you.

IPB 4.5 is my focus right now. I've got some suggestions saved for future updates, if you've got any more ideas you would like added. Please let me know.

On 4/2/2020 at 11:10 AM, fix3r said:

Comments break out the side bar

I'm not able to reproduce this on the default theme. I might need access to your theme or site to try and reproduce this.

On 4/3/2020 at 6:39 AM, TimTheMiles said:

I put exactly as the image shows, but it just says (Configuration Error) when I try posting a B|T Chute Video 😞 

Any more details with the error?

9 minutes ago, TimTheMiles said:

Can you please send me how to set it up right?

Add new media site. (Replace cute with chute)

Site Type - Media Tag
Site Name - BitCute
Example URL - https://www.bitcute.com/video/OdOQDtKsMu4/
Site Match - https://www.bitcute.com/video/(\S+?)/
Site Replace

<iframe width="640" height="360" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border: none;" src="https://www.bitcute.com/embed/$1/"></iframe>
Edited by Mike John