Videos Support

9 minutes ago, Mike John said:
8 hours ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

Could we get the ability to add feeds (add a feeds tab) to the block feeds category selection? 

I know I'm missing something obvious here :blink: but could you clarify this? Aren't you showing the video feed support now?

Edit: Do you mean the new rss import feed?

Sorry, I should have clarified. If I create a block (under Pages -> Blocks -> Create New Block -> Videos Feed -> Feed Configuration -> Select Category To Use) I don't have the option of choosing a created feed from the category selection. Or at least I can't choose one that is assigned to a club.

Edited by Josiah Wallingford
21 hours ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

Sorry, I should have clarified. If I create a block (under Pages -> Blocks -> Create New Block -> Videos Feed -> Feed Configuration -> Select Category To Use) I don't have the option of choosing a created feed from the category selection. Or at least I can't choose one that is assigned to a club.

Confirmed bug, I've put up a patch here.

having issues with the video submission routine with youtube videos

if edit the title that gets automatically picked up from youtube -  it still uses the 'youtube' title and also doesn't save any description that have added

latest version 

Edited by sound
On 6/4/2018 at 8:01 PM, sound said:

if edit the title that gets automatically picked up from youtube -  it still uses the 'youtube' title and also doesn't save any description that have added

Bug will be fixed next update. Do you have ftp access to your files? If so, I can PM you some instructions for patching in the meantime.

On 6/6/2018 at 5:45 AM, tommax said:

Please, allow to specify site-relative urls to already uploaded files on site. Add additional %VIDEO_URL% key to configuration of discussion topic so we can extract specified url to file. Correct other links provided by existing keys to site-relative (for example category link) for opportunity of easy change of site address.

I've logged two bug reports as both those suggestions should be possible in the next update.

On 6/12/2018 at 9:28 AM, Josiah Wallingford said:

I can't edit tags on videos that are imported if they are not imported under my user (admin) account. If they are imported as my account I can edit them. 

Under the video category your editing the video under. Do you have the "Enable tags" option enabled?

On 6/12/2018 at 9:28 AM, Josiah Wallingford said:

Also, my descriptions are only filling with the title of the video and not the description that is on youtube for the video.

Are you currently using API details in the "Youtube" media site?

8 hours ago, eskaiter said:

Enable "privacy-enhanced mode."
Disable "Show suggested videos when the video finishes."
Disable "Show video title and player actions."

If you can provide an example embed with those changes, I'll see about including options for them in the Video app.

5 hours ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

I am getting blanks in my video list. The blanks appear to show where videos did exist that I had deleted:

Can you try temporarily editing the title of the video on it's own row to be much shorter? Just check that first.

2 hours ago, Mike John said:

Under the video category your editing the video under. Do you have the "Enable tags" option enabled?

That was it! Thank you. I had moved a bunch of videos and feeds from one category to another and forgot the category I was moving them to had tags disabled. Thank you!

Are you currently using API details in the "Youtube" media site?

I thought it was automatic. I must need to configure something. I will have to learn about this and will dig into it more.

Can you try temporarily editing the title of the video on it's own row to be much shorter? Just check that first.

I don't think it was the length of the title but that the title had a "~" in it. Once that was removed it was resolved.

6 hours ago, Mike John said:
15 hours ago, eskaiter said:

Enable "privacy-enhanced mode."
Disable "Show suggested videos when the video finishes."
Disable "Show video title and player actions."

If you can provide an example embed with those changes, I'll see about including options for them in the Video app.

you can see all options on youtube when you open the share dialog for a video.
Here is the help article
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/171780

Edited by eskaiter
12 hours ago, Josiah Wallingford said:
15 hours ago, Mike John said:

I don't think it was the length of the title but that the title had a "~" in it. Once that was removed it was resolved.

Well, I am now not sure what it is. I am seeing it again. This time there are no odd characters and the titles are short. It is appearing around a video that was deleted. What I am doing is setting the videos to be hidden by default that import from a feed. If I don't like the video I delete it. That is when this happens.

1513755640_ScreenshotatJun1310-33-47.thumb.png.97e0c02627f2dd9c3c08cad0d1295248.png

On 6/13/2018 at 1:37 PM, Josiah Wallingford said:

I thought it was automatic. I must need to configure something. I will have to learn about this and will dig into it more. 

The quick add will attempt to use the default oEmbed data to grab the title and description. This should work with most video sites that IPB4 supports. The Youtube API is an additional bit of code I added to also grab the "description" as Youtube is not providing that in the oEmbed.

On 6/13/2018 at 1:48 PM, Josiah Wallingford said:

Where can I find the tutorial on how and where to get the api? I have found myself here:  https://console.developers.google.com/ and am not sure what to do to get the oembed url, api url, and api key.

See here https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/getting-started

Edit the existing "Youtube API" media site and add your api key.

JoPC4vq.png

On 6/13/2018 at 5:29 PM, eskaiter said:

you can see all options on youtube when you open the share dialog for a video.

Noted. If anyone else wants to give feedback on this, I would be interested to here from others. My initial thoughts would be to modify the first 2 examples and make them the default.

On 6/14/2018 at 2:34 AM, Josiah Wallingford said:

Well, I am now not sure what it is. I am seeing it again. This time there are no odd characters and the titles are short. It is appearing around a video that was deleted. What I am doing is setting the videos to be hidden by default that import from a feed. If I don't like the video I delete it. That is when this happens.

I've noted this in a bug report but it's not easy to reproduce consistently. If this is happening on your site right now, I would appreciate login details to take a look and play around with the thumbnail blocks.

I have an issue with the thumbnail width:

I can only seem to have four thumbnails in a row, and the thumbnail dimensions stretch to fill the browser page size as shown below.

This is when the browser window is in my usual reading size:

1.thumb.png.006c8d2ddc9d89a5bd6c996412d98774.png

Where as this is when I narrow the browser window:

2.thumb.png.a7cb72e51cde17b5cb6bac2a018f954d.png

How can I set the size of the thumbnails and allow the number of thumbnails to be set by the browser page width?

Another question is, is it possible to the Videos landing page to show a set category? For example, in the screen grab above, you can see the categories available. I would like the landing page to show the videos un the "Diving Videos" category. Is this possible?

On 6/15/2018 at 1:38 PM, Maalong said:

How can I set the size of the thumbnails and allow the number of thumbnails to be set by the browser page width?

The easiest way to change how many thumbnails display per row would be to change the "span" widget. You can do this in acp > theme editor > videos > front > browser > videoThumbRow.

Find and change:

ipsGrid_span3

Try ipsGrid_span2.

On 6/15/2018 at 1:38 PM, Maalong said:

Another question is, is it possible to the Videos landing page to show a set category? For example, in the screen grab above, you can see the categories available. I would like the landing page to show the videos un the "Diving Videos" category. Is this possible?

Not as I understand you. But I assume you would want an option to display certain videos in the "discover" tab or possibly the ability to add custom tabs for certain categories?

On 6/13/2018 at 5:34 PM, Josiah Wallingford said:

1513755640_ScreenshotatJun1310-33-47.thumb.png.97e0c02627f2dd9c3c08cad0d1295248.png

is this 'glitch'' just due to the stats on 'gracies backyard' covering 2 rows?

On 6/18/2018 at 9:07 AM, Mike John said:

Not as I understand you. But I assume you would want an option to display certain videos in the "discover" tab or possibly the ability to add custom tabs for certain categories?

Yes, that is right. I have a number of categories, so would like to choose one of them as the default for what is shown when a user clicks on the Videos menu link.

On 6/18/2018 at 9:07 AM, Mike John said:

The easiest way to change how many thumbnails display per row would be to change the "span" widget. You can do this in acp > theme editor > videos > front > browser > videoThumbRow.

Find and change:

ipsGrid_span3

Try ipsGrid_span2.

Hi Mike,

This is still not working as it should. I have tried setting ipsGrid_span3 to ipsGrid_span2, and various other combinations, but the video thumbnails still change with the Browser window size. I use a 27" iMac, so really notice this when I go fullscreen.

This is using ipsGrid_span2 at various browser window widths, using an app to measure screen width, with total screen width being 2550 pixels:

First grab 1400 pixels browser window:

1.thumb.png.456d342a1346c2f498e7b46b5bade591.png

Second grab 1860 pixels browser window:

2.thumb.png.e68fde0f6b76306f9783aa6aba121657.png

Final grab at fullscreen 2550 pixels:

3.thumb.png.a381c915c6a33bf11a5541bbe6e80437.png

Not sure how to remedy this...

Hi Mike,

Another issue I am having is adding Facebook videos. Sometimes they work and are embedded, and sometimes I get a message stating: Problem generating embed code.

Is there a way to ensure all FB videos are embedded?

With the Facebook videos that do embed, the auto thumbnail generator doesnt work either. Is there a way to enable this?

Edited by Maalong
10 hours ago, Maalong said:

Yes, that is right. I have a number of categories, so would like to choose one of them as the default for what is shown when a user clicks on the Videos menu link.

I'll note this but it may not be possible in a bug fixing update and may require a new feature updated in the future. I'd like to make this a setting for each category so custom tabs can be added.

1 hour ago, Maalong said:

This is still not working as it should. I have tried setting ipsGrid_span3 to ipsGrid_span2, and various other combinations, but the video thumbnails still change with the Browser window size. I use a 27" iMac, so really notice this when I go fullscreen.

Are you also modifying the "Standard thumbnail dimensions" Videos setting in combination with changes to the block width?

I assume that second screenshot if your preferred layout with the exception of the new row bug?

37 minutes ago, Maalong said:

Another issue I am having is adding Facebook videos. Sometimes they work and are embedded, and sometimes I get a message stating: Problem generating embed code. 

Is there a way to ensure all FB videos are embedded?

With the Facebook videos that do embed, the auto thumbnail generator doesnt work either. Is there a way to enable this?

Can you give me examples of all the video links your using and will check? IPB4 itself covers several different combinations internally but perhaps there's one that's not supported. Same issue with the thumbnail grabber that relies on the same code that generates the embed.

9 hours ago, Mike John said:

I'll note this but it may not be possible in a bug fixing update and may require a new feature updated in the future. I'd like to make this a setting for each category so custom tabs can be added.

OK, no problem. Its a "Nice to Have" anyway!

Are you also modifying the "Standard thumbnail dimensions" Videos setting in combination with changes to the block width?

I assume that second screenshot if your preferred layout with the exception of the new row bug?

No, I just changed the ipsGrid_span3 to ipsGrid_span2 as suggested. I dont understand CSS, or programming very much so follow instructions to the letter for fear of screwing something up.

Can you give me examples of all the video links your using and will check? IPB4 itself covers several different combinations internally but perhaps there's one that's not supported. Same issue with the thumbnail grabber that relies on the same code that generates the embed.

This FB video when entered into the system plays well, though there is no thumbnail generated:

https://www.facebook.com/aframpton289/videos/10157119591835323/

This one on the other hand, will not embed, and returns the error message: Problem generating embed code

https://www.facebook.com/glenn.cameron.1257/videos/10151711846360129/

11 hours ago, Maalong said:

OK, no problem. Its a "Nice to Have" anyway! 

If you've got ftp access to your files, I can give you a crude patch in the meantime. But a proper "custom tab" setup will take more effort.

No, I just changed the ipsGrid_span3 to ipsGrid_span2 as suggested. I dont understand CSS, or programming very much so follow instructions to the letter for fear of screwing something up.

See acp > community tab > videos > settings > thumbnails & uploads > Standard thumbnail dimensions. Adjustments made to the height value in particular would be needed to fine tune something that looks good in all situations.

If you need further help, I'll need either a copy of your theme or acp access and can help you adjust it to your liking.

This FB video when entered into the system plays well, though there is no thumbnail generated:

Confirmed as bug, working on a new update presently. So this will be fixed in 1-2 weeks.

5 minutes ago, Mike John said:

See acp > community tab > videos > settings > thumbnails & uploads > Standard thumbnail dimensions. Adjustments made to the height value in particular would be needed to fine tune something that looks good in all situations.

If you need further help, I'll need either a copy of your theme or acp access and can help you adjust it to your liking.

Mike, let me try and sort this out myself first before bothering you further. If I get really stuck, I'll PM you and give you admin access to my site.

6 minutes ago, Mike John said:

Confirmed as bug, working on a new update presently. So this will be fixed in 1-2 weeks.

Great stuff, look forward to the update! ?

6 minutes ago, Mike John said:

If you've got ftp access to your files, I can give you a crude patch in the meantime. But a proper "custom tab" setup will take more effort.

As I said, its a nice to have, so I'll wait until you add it in to an update.

Thanks for your help Mike, its appreciated.