Videos Support

Hello @Mike John !  I need some help. 

I have more than 60 % mobile usage on my website, but when on mobile view unfortunately

the video categories, are not visible, and i cannot see /its not possible to select the categories of the videos, 

this is only possible when on desktop/laptop screen. 

Its important for us because there are some totally different content videos there, for example with medical info,

that we need to be able to separate from other, and to be easy to be found/selected. 

also, if you can check  there is some overlapping of the  "ipboard videos by DevFuse"   (depending on screen size)

image.png.0fddae72203449b62332df44951588c6.png

Hi @Mike John,

Just an issue I noticed re: permissions.  I have a Private category in Videos, and I have made it so that Members (group Members) can see the category but not see the videos.  I have verified this by checking the permissions for both the category and for the Members group, and both are set correctly.  But Members still have full access to the Private category and can play the videos therein.

On 11/30/2017 at 11:45 PM, MeMaBlue said:

I have more than 60 % mobile usage on my website, but when on mobile view unfortunately

Can you check this bug report and the included patch and let me know if that fixes the issues?

On 11/30/2017 at 11:45 PM, MeMaBlue said:

also, if you can check  there is some overlapping of the  "ipboard videos by DevFuse"   (depending on screen size)

What theme are you currently using?

On 12/4/2017 at 2:21 PM, liquidfractal said:

Just an issue I noticed re: permissions.  I have a Private category in Videos, and I have made it so that Members (group Members) can see the category but not see the videos.  I have verified this by checking the permissions for both the category and for the Members group, and both are set correctly.  But Members still have full access to the Private category and can play the videos therein.

Would you mind taking a screenshot of both sections so I can try and reproduce this? I wasn't able to when disabling the "View Videos" category permission for a certain group.

@Mike John    Hello, here is what i found at the destination you mentioned.  the bug fix, ,... Its /was already there.....  should i add it again, what would be the purpose... ? 

<ol class='ipsGrid ipsGrid_collapsePhone ipsDataList ipsClear {{foreach $table->classes as $class}}{$class} {{endforeach}}' id='elTable_{$table->uniqueId}' data-role="tableRows" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/ItemList">
    				{template="$table->rowsTemplate[1]" params="$table, $headers, $rows" object="$table->rowsTemplate[0]"}
    			</ol>

just to be clear, when on mobile, this menu is not seen 

image.thumb.png.9465f97f065406e13c5f542df3e5ae53.png  

My theme is customized in that it only has different colours.  

Edited by MeMaBlue
12 hours ago, Mike John said:

Would you mind taking a screenshot of both sections so I can try and reproduce this? I wasn't able to when disabling the "View Videos" category permission for a certain group.

Sure.  Here is the view of the Videos category settings for the Private category, with the Member group set to view the category but not the videos:

videos1.thumb.jpg.402705087bf7323b7dcd48f24d84d676.jpg

And here is the view of the Member group with permission to view categories but not videos in the Private category:

videos2.thumb.jpg.0a5af5863b24d7a1d68cb1cd8622c188.jpg

Hope this helps.

Hello,

In a screenshot I seen something that is very important to me. It says "Add more videos". Does it means that in a video submission I can have more files?

My site will uses movies with episodes. Can I have one record for the movie and upload many episodes on this? Is there any demo with such configuration to see how it works?

Also, does it supports normal file upload or only by URL?

Thank you

Chris

On 12/5/2017 at 9:12 PM, MeMaBlue said:

Hello, here is what i found at the destination you mentioned.  the bug fix, ,... Its /was already there.....  should i add it again, what would be the purpose... ? 

That's fine to leave as is then.

On 12/5/2017 at 9:12 PM, MeMaBlue said:

just to be clear, when on mobile, this menu is not seen 

Could you PM me a link to your forums to check over in mobile view myself? (Or alternatively a full mobile view screenshot) The above edit should of patched the last of the mobile issues.

On 12/6/2017 at 6:46 AM, liquidfractal said:

Sure.  Here is the view of the Videos category settings for the Private category, with the Member group set to view the category but not the videos:

Do you have any secondary groups for the member you tested with? I'm still having trouble reproducing this, it should be not showing videos if the permission is not set.

On 12/9/2017 at 2:34 AM, ChrisTERiS said:

My site will uses movies with episodes. Can I have one record for the movie and upload many episodes on this? Is there any demo with such configuration to see how it works?

Also, does it supports normal file upload or only by URL?

It's primary purpose is media urls (Youtube, Vimeo etc..) and not really designed for video uploads. I've added basic video upload support for html5 supported videos but that's it for now. I've sent a PM with demo board none the less so you can check over.

On 12/9/2017 at 4:27 PM, Tomink said:

Having issue with automatic thumbnail if uploading a video from computer or a facebook video.

Automatic thumbnails do not work with video uploads but Facebook videos should at least attempt to grab a thumbnail if possible. Do you have an example of the video your using and I'll test it out?

On 12/12/2017 at 8:56 AM, Tomink said:

Is there any support on this product? are questions best asked here or is there an email? 

I was delayed last week so only catching up to support now. ;)

1 hour ago, Mike John said:

It's primary purpose is media urls (Youtube, Vimeo etc..) and not really designed for video uploads. I've added basic video upload support for html5 supported videos but that's it for now.

Although I do think it would be awesome to include support for file uploads in the future.  I know Gallery already (sort of) includes support for this, but there is room for improvement. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2017 at 5:00 PM, Mike John said:

Automatic thumbnails do not work with video uploads but Facebook videos should at least attempt to grab a thumbnail if possible. Do you have an example of the video your using and I'll test it out?

If you try to upload from phone or desktop. .mov format. This seems to have no thumbnail or any facebook video I've discovered. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2017 at 1:38 AM, Tomink said:

If you try to upload from phone or desktop. .mov format. This seems to have no thumbnail or any facebook video I've discovered. 

I've confirmed this as a bug. If you have ftp access to your files, I might be able to provide a temporary patch you can try out.

On 12/30/2017 at 1:51 AM, Mike John said:

I've confirmed this as a bug. If you have ftp access to your files, I might be able to provide a temporary patch you can try out.

Hi Mike, I'm on the cloud service. Is there another way to provide you access? 

On 1/3/2018 at 1:48 AM, Tomink said:

Hi Mike, I'm on the cloud service. Is there another way to provide you access? 

Not without a new version unfortunately. If you could PM me reminding about this first thing next week, I'll see about putting together an update for you to upload in the acp.

Hi,

Is there anyway to quickly rebuild the videos or at least the thumbnails for the videos, please? I saw a Rebuild button under Media Sites but it didn't work.

Reason why is that I managed to lose all thumbnails trying to configure Cloudfront on AWS S3, the videos are there just lots of empty images. After switching back to local storage the images disappeared although the img src links to them are correct in the view source html.

If I click on edit video then save, it generates the missing image, but I have a lot of them!

Many thanks

On 1/19/2018 at 10:35 AM, The Old Man said:

Is there anyway to quickly rebuild the videos or at least the thumbnails for the videos, please? I saw a Rebuild button under Media Sites but it didn't work.

Do you have ftp access to your files or are you cloud hosted? I've actually got some previously used code to add "thumbnail" support to the existing rebuild feature. Which should make it into the next version but can provide a patch sooner if you can modify your files.

Hi,

I set 21 videos to show by category page in the settings

I have hundreds of videos in each category

but yet only 20 videos show by category page, leaving one blank space so that people might think thats it, there are no more videos and then dont check the pagination

Tx for your help