Videos Support

I have a query - how to add past videos 

a Every day I release 1 videos and this has been since 2015

if we add a video today -   it will show  today's date of past video

Is there a way to create an extra field and show based on that date 

--------

I want to add the videos every day from now onwards and it will take time to add previous videos 

How can this be done....

Q2  importing quick info from youtube is missing... or where is the option... when I add media url it takes automatically the title  tags and description

On 7/18/2017 at 9:08 PM, Saurabh Jain said:

Is there a way to create an extra field and show based on that date 

In addition to the "post/add date" or to replace it completely?

On 7/18/2017 at 9:08 PM, Saurabh Jain said:

Q2  importing quick info from youtube is missing... or where is the option... when I add media url it takes automatically the title  tags and description

Quick add was removed due to some changes in Youtube but I will be adding it again next major release as worked on it recently in another app.

I have a special request.. 

I want to add videos directly in sql table - I have data in CSV

say  such as title .. Youtube  url.....

Can you help me with this special request

I have community in cloud....

Regards

Saurabh

3 hours ago, Mike John said:

In addition to the "post/add date" or to replace it completely?

On 7/18/2017 at 4:38 PM, Saurabh Jain said:

In addition to will be a better option 

On 7/25/2017 at 3:49 PM, Saurabh Jain said:

I have a special request.. 

Custom requests are on hold for a while longer. At least until IPB 4.2 updates are finished.

On 7/26/2017 at 11:59 PM, sound said:

sent a pm yesterday reference downloading 3.2 via defuse

I'm catching up with personal messages now. Should have a reply up soon.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jp said:

Hi i've just bought this but can't work out how to upload videos. Does this not support users uploading their own videos (e.g. MP4 files)?

don't worry i see there is a setting to enable this :thumbsup:

23 hours ago, jp said:

is there a way to insert videos uploaded to my site's Videos (i.e. not from another website) into forum posts?

This would be the closest way right now. But I will note this for a future version as something like this can be built into the Videos app itself.

18 hours ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

Is it possible to use the add additional video field to add an Audio file? I run multiple video/audio podcasts and would like to submit a categories RSS feed to iTunes and Google Play.

Only if the audio file was an approved oembed site. The "extra videos" only accept oembed sites to generate proper embeds.

1 hour ago, Mike John said:

Like the "Featured" video section or did you have something more prominent in mind? Or something IPB 4 does elsewhere?

Like the promote function 4.2 has built in where it posts it to the our picks page and to twitter and fb. If it already has that ability then I am not seeing it

4 hours ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

I am having a problem with Clubs. When a video is submitted in a club, that video does display in the main videos directory but it does not display in the club.

I don't seem to be able to reproduce this. The video appears in both the videos index and the clubs category the same. What kind of club permissions do you have set? Private, public? Any other plugins or changes that might modify the clubs?