Videos Support

Mike, just a quick thank you for all your continued hard work, dedication and great customer service. You seemed to get 4.2 compatibility updates out for Videos System really quickly, meaning we could upgrade to 4.2 much quicker than expected and without an agonising wait.  One of the elite third party devs here, supporting the community.

:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, FGN said:

any chance for supporting 4.2 default Promoted to social media?

I'll note for the next version. Wanted to get the immediate compatibility fixed first but will revisit for some more IPB 4.2 features.

3 hours ago, The Old Man said:

Mike, just a quick thank you for all your continued hard work, dedication and great customer service. You seemed to get 4.2 compatibility updates out for Videos System really quickly, meaning we could upgrade to 4.2 much quicker than expected and without an agonising wait.  One of the elite third party devs here, supporting the community.

:thumbsup:

Thank you :)

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2017 at 10:12 PM, FGN said:

It's been over a month now, any chance of getting Promote to social media added any time soon?

I believe you got a PM regarding this elsewhere that I will reply to soon.

On 10/23/2017 at 12:26 AM, Phil7789 said:

is there the possibility to remove the copyright line? An additional fee or something like that?

I offer a "copyright removal" addition on my site and typically gets a little discount when purchased with an app. But if you've already purchased through the IPS Marketplace, I can process that discount manually via Paypal.

On 10/23/2017 at 1:03 AM, Phil7789 said:

Thanks for the hint, just found it. ;) (I guess). Looks like DevFuse doesn't like my e-mail though. I've asked for assistance on their website

Just reply to your email. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

I had this error after i upgraded to 4.2 and then wanted to upgrade my videos app :

1C133/9 The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it is not a valid application, the archive is corrupt or the file and directory permissions in /applications do not allow it.

So i chose the transfer files method and it worked

but the problem is all videos are now posted by "guest" !! it removed the previous members  who posted, so no video is actually online : i can see them as an admin but they are all "to be approved" as all posted by "guest"

What can i do ? tx !!

you replied me (on another topic ) :

You might want to post in the Videos support topic instead... If I could get a few things clarified:

1. What version of the application did you upgrade from?
  2. Could you check the videos_videos database table and take a screenshot of the fields and several lines of data for me?

There shouldn't be any "delete" query in the upgrade files for member ids. But it sounds like the field for the member id wasn't renamed properly, if that's the case the data should still be there but just in a different field name.

Version of application i upgraded from : 3.1.8

(i couldnt upgrade till now as i was on php 5.4 so i was unable to upgrade my invision to 4.2 but now i'm on php 5.6 so i can upgrade everything)

I sent you by PM some screens of the videos_videos database table

Tx for your help :)

On 11/5/2017 at 10:42 PM, Michael R said:

I am getting a Mime Type not supported error on this video. Not sure why.

Can you try posting again to see if there was an issue with Youtube at the time? If your still able to reproduce this, can you send me a screenshot of your Video app settings so I can being to reproduce this? My first initial test didn't seem to have any problems with the Videos app generating the embed player or playing this video.

On 11/9/2017 at 6:57 AM, Durango said:

I sent you by PM some screens of the videos_videos database table

Will have a reply up shortly to your PM. The last time I saw this particular issue, the video author field wasn't upgraded properly and so the app just saw every video as one posted by 0 = guest.

15 hours ago, Nick Willson said:

My video description text is only approx six lines long so I would like to remove the 'Read more...' and always have the description text full expanded. Can you let me know if this is possible and how to achieve it?

If you open your admin cp > theme editor > videos > front > view > view.

Find and change:

<div class='ipsSpacer_top ipsType_normal ipsType_richText' data-ipsTruncate data-ipsTruncate-size='4 lines' data-ipsTruncate-type='hide'>

Let me know if you need help applying it. :)

Fantastic that works great - maybe this should be added as a setting in a future version rather than being hard coded?

To perfect my video system can you help with one thing that you helped me change in 3.4.X.  On an individual video page I want the feed block to display the other videos from within that particular category rather than list videos from all categories or videos one or more specific categories?

Thanks in anticipation

7 hours ago, Nick Willson said:

Fantastic that works great - maybe this should be added as a setting in a future version rather than being hard coded?

I've only been asked once about this but if there is enough interest in this, shouldn't be a problem adding a quick setting.

7 hours ago, Nick Willson said:

To perfect my video system can you help with one thing that you helped me change in 3.4.X.  On an individual video page I want the feed block to display the other videos from within that particular category rather than list videos from all categories or videos one or more specific categories?

Do you have ftp access to your IPB files? If so, I can give you a patch to add this now. I've been asked about this a few times now and I'll need to add this as an option.

On 11/9/2017 at 10:05 PM, Mike John said:

Can you try posting again to see if there was an issue with Youtube at the time? If your still able to reproduce this, can you send me a screenshot of your Video app settings so I can being to reproduce this? My first initial test didn't seem to have any problems with the Videos app generating the embed player or playing this video.

Will have a reply up shortly to your PM. The last time I saw this particular issue, the video author field wasn't upgraded properly and so the app just saw every video as one posted by 0 = guest.

https://clausnet.com/videos/view-535-texas-kris-kringle/

Here is the URL

https://youtu.be/nbNjxZ7HxTU

On 11/16/2017 at 1:32 AM, Michael R said:

Here is the URL

When you edit that video, what does it say for the "video type" field? By looking at the browser source code, it looks like you've got a youtube url being loaded into a html5 "video" object.

<video id="video535" width="100%" preload controls>
    	<source src="https://youtu.be/nbNjxZ7HxTU" />
    </video> 

16 hours ago, Mike John said:

When you edit that video, what does it say for the "video type" field? By looking at the browser source code, it looks like you've got a youtube url being loaded into a html5 "video" object.

<video id="video535" width="100%" preload controls>
    	<source src="https://youtu.be/nbNjxZ7HxTU" />
    </video> 

I'll take a look, but what can I do if the user just adds the link from YT?

7 hours ago, Michael R said:

I'll take a look, but what can I do if the user just adds the link from YT?

The fields should actually be checking for this... It looks like it has since been fixed but can you check if the video type was perhaps changed after adding the video? If that's the case, I should be able to put in some further checks to make sure it doesn't happen again.