Jump to content

Community

Videos Support


Michael.J

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

Is there a way for me to rebuild the images that are automatically generated/imported from videos? I had an issue with my images and now most of my videos from the point before correcting the images are blank.

videoimages.thumb.png.ba99412e8137dd789957e93a10b67462.png

Nevermind. I found it the rebuild thumbnails button under "Media Sites". I thought it would appear in "Media Imports".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/16/2018 at 5:30 PM, Mike John said:

Yeah it seems there is still ways to get a feed through that method. Will see how that goes and if I need to, I can just expand the import code to support the Youtube API itself.

Integration would be very nice.

Is it possible to get all of the old videos from a feed or a custom amount of old videos?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2018 at 10:54 AM, Josiah Wallingford said:

From the feed I don't have clubs as an option when selecting the parent category:

I'll note this as a bug as this should at least support the club type forums.

On 4/29/2018 at 10:54 AM, Josiah Wallingford said:

Or maybe the better question is how do we allow club members to create a feed of videos for their club to say their YouTube cannel?

This will be a bit more complex but will note for a future feature version.

19 hours ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

Is it possible to get all of the old videos from a feed or a custom amount of old videos?

What is your feed source? If it only contains 20 or so videos, then that's the limit on how far back the Videos app can import unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Codehusker said:

Is there any way to link multiple videos together? If a long video is divided into multiple parts, is there an easy way to guide a user from part 1 to 2 to 3?

Not currently and I'm not sure if I could realistically make it as seamless as you might expect. If there was a "playlist" of videos for example, you would probably need to click "next" manually rather then have it triggered at the end of the video playback.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Mike John said:
19 hours ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

Is it possible to get all of the old videos from a feed or a custom amount of old videos?

What is your feed source? If it only contains 20 or so videos, then that's the limit on how far back the Videos app can import unfortunately.

Yes, more than 20 videos. Also for some reason I have one feed that shows 0 videos when there are many. As if it is not seeing any videos in the feed. I have double checked that I have the URL correct (unless YouTube changed something... again).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

Yes, more than 20 videos. Also for some reason I have one feed that shows 0 videos when there are many. As if it is not seeing any videos in the feed. I have double checked that I have the URL correct (unless YouTube changed something... again).

Could you PM me a copy and will check if the Videos app itself is having problem parsing the feed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2018 at 12:38 PM, Josiah Wallingford said:

If a video or the videos description changes on youtube will that change be reflected on my site?

No. It's just like the rss forum import. The data is copied across but not synced with the source rss feed.

A sync between import and Youtube would probably be best suited to a proper API import. Ideally if Youtube has an API for recently modified videos. But I would need to see some substantial interest/support for this before committing to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Mike John said:

No. It's just like the rss forum import. The data is copied across but not synced with the source rss feed.

A sync between import and Youtube would probably be best suited to a proper API import. Ideally if Youtube has an API for recently modified videos. But I would need to see some substantial interest/support for this before committing to it.

Thank you. I would very much like have it. I hope others do as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2018 at 12:04 AM, Mike John said:

v3.3.1 will fix several bugs from the new version except for the furl issue you had. Still working on that and shouldn't be too far behind.

 

On 4/15/2018 at 1:27 AM, The Old Man said:

I'm definitely better waiting for the next release then! My community would probably not be too happy with me, if we brought that issue back! Thanks again. 

 

 

On 4/17/2018 at 12:30 AM, Mike John said:

Thank you. ?

If you can just remind me in a few days, it shouldn't be much longer.

 

On 4/27/2018 at 12:10 PM, The Old Man said:

Polite reminder! Thanks Mike! ?

 

Mike, 

It's been a long time and I've sent a few reminders, and although you did warn me in early April against updating to avoid breaking your temporary patch after beta testing for you, in a moment of madness I reactivated the Videos app again. I'd lost a lot of links in Google and was getting all these 403's on my server, so I upgraded Videos for better 4.3 compatibility to the current version and of course, it's now broken my All Activity Stream again (as the 'discover' furl is being used by Videos). I know you're so busy with so many mods and life, and I recently extended my subscription for Videos at your site again (no biggie).

Amazing service over the years, you were always my favourite Marketplace dev and continue to be, you've never had the ego issues that a lot of devs sadly display, but unfortunately I'm going to have to disable and ditch Videos for good.

All the best my friend.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2018 at 3:31 AM, The Old Man said:

It's been a long time and I've sent a few reminders, and although you did warn me in early April against updating to avoid breaking your temporary patch after beta testing for you, in a moment of madness I reactivated the Videos app again. I'd lost a lot of links in Google and was getting all these 403's on my server, so I upgraded Videos for better 4.3 compatibility to the current version and of course, it's now broken my All Activity Stream again (as the 'discover' furl is being used by Videos). I know you're so busy with so many mods and life, and I recently extended my subscription for Videos at your site again (no biggie).

Amazing service over the years, you were always my favourite Marketplace dev and continue to be, you've never had the ego issues that a lot of devs sadly display, but unfortunately I'm going to have to disable and ditch Videos for good. 

All the best my friend.

I am truly sorry there has been constant delays. I won't list the various excuses why it was delayed again but the next Videos update will be out within 1-2 days. I don't mind refunding any renewals or I hope you might re-consider continue using the Videos app. And I'll extend your subscription to make up in a small part for the delays.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Videos app has been updated with a dozen more bug fixes. A few advertisement locations have been added as well as an option to import videos into clubs as well.

4 hours ago, The Old Man said:

Thanks Mike, much appreciated as always.

I had to completely change the furl string causing issues but the upgrade routine should rebuild the furl for you. If not, please PM me with admin login details and I can manually force a rebuild.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Mike John said:

as well as an option to import videos into clubs

Awesome! So, how do I move my feeds and the videos that have already populated into the club I have created that it would be a better place for?

Here is what I am doing, and hopefully doing correctly.

  1. Create a Videos feature in the desired club.
  2. Edit the feed to point to the clubs new videos feature.
  3. Select all the videos from the feed that reside in the previous category and move them to the new club videos feature.
  4. Delete the old category.
Edited by Josiah Wallingford
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Feature Request: Tags to be automatically applied to feed imports. This will work much better for us than the title prefix.

It would also be very nice if we could have those tags automatically get added to videos that were already imported but I understand if this is not possible.

Feature Request: Allow clubs to import feeds into their videos features.

Feature Request: Allow feeds to be added to categories from the front end for those users with permission to do so. This would be a separate permission from the clubs import. I want any club owner no matter what group they are in to be able to import a feed into their club but not into the videos categories outside of their club.

Edited by Josiah Wallingford
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2018 at 5:39 AM, Josiah Wallingford said:

Awesome! So, how do I move my feeds and the videos that have already populated into the club I have created that it would be a better place for?

That would be the best approach.

On 5/25/2018 at 5:53 AM, Josiah Wallingford said:

Feature Request:

....

All noted. I actually played around with Youtube tag imports in another app so that might even be able to be included in a bug fixing update. If you don't mind doing a bit of testing, I might have some code you can play around with. (But need a few days before I can get to it.)

On 5/26/2018 at 9:59 AM, Josiah Wallingford said:

How do I edit what is displayed under the thumbnails where it shows who submitted the video, how many views it has, the date, etc etc?

The videoThumbRow template bit from videos > front > browse. Let me know if you have any suggestions to improve this.

13 hours ago, zheck said:

My (Upload Thumbnail) option doesn't seem to be working anymore.

What version of the Videos app/IPB and could you please take a screenshot of your video settings and PM it to me? I'll then try and reproduce this.

Edited by Mike John
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mike John said:

All noted. I actually played around with Youtube tag imports in another app so that might even be able to be included in a bug fixing update. If you don't mind doing a bit of testing, I might have some code you can play around with. (But need a few days before I can get to it.)

I would happily test this for you.

1 hour ago, Mike John said:

The videoThumbRow template bit from videos > front > browse. Let me know if you have any suggestions to improve this.

I think it would be best if admin could toggle those on/off. It would be nice to have a general setting for all videos as well as the ability to turn them off at the category and/or feed lvls.

1 hour ago, Mike John said:

That would be the best approach.

It worked like a charm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

I would happily test this for you.

Can you PM me in a few days and should have something ready by then.

15 hours ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

I think it would be best if admin could toggle those on/off. It would be nice to have a general setting for all videos as well as the ability to turn them off at the category and/or feed lvls.

Yeah that could be the best of both worlds. Allow me to add a bit more data in each block but also give admins the option to remove what they don't need.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Mike, Wondering if you can fix a couple of things in the video app when it comes to the Clubs?

Couple things I noticed with clubs and videos:

  • When in a club video category, the breadcrumbs don't show that you are in the club. And when you click on Add video, the Club header disappears 
  • When adding a video into a club, and then you click on the "Category" drop-down, the Club categories are not showing, except for the current category and non-club categories.

Loving the app, and would like it even more if these little bugs would be worked out.

Thanks for your continued support for this useful app

videosclubbug1.JPG.b9f0442a3ac90f301e7ce07fbb975d91.JPG

Edited by DanLemX
grammar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, DanLemX said:

Hey Mike, Wondering if you can fix a couple of things in the video app when it comes to the Clubs?

Thanks for reporting, both are straight forward and will be fixed in the next bug fixing update. The Videos app recently received an update but when it's next in line, those fixes will be included.

8 hours ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

Could we get the ability to add feeds (add a feeds tab) to the block feeds category selection? 

I know I'm missing something obvious here :blink: but could you clarify this? Aren't you showing the video feed support now?

Edit: Do you mean the new rss import feed?

Edited by Mike John
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy