3 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

Does Videobox work with Amazon S3 uploads?

I already PMed you a while ago about the creation of a solution to sell video channels...

It could be done - if I understood it right - via regular paid membership subscriptions, so if you subscribe you will automatically be promoted into a group with video category or channel permissions. Right?

But as there is a lot ressource power required for such video channels, it might be a good idea to have videos served by S3 in a secure way, so links to the video source can't be shared to the public for free...

I'm also interested in a single pay per view solution. If anybody has similar requirements or some tipps about it, please tell us.

Thanks. T

Yes, you can setup S3 for Videobox's images, subtitles, videos. 

And each category has permission settings. You can set permissions for member  groups can view the videos or not. 

28 minutes ago, JoshB84 said:

I posted some link here. 

You can use the Media Tag to embed Periscope.

Go to ACP > Videobox > Servers > Create new server and set 'Video From' is 'External' (If you already added a server with the same setting you can ignore this step).

Then click the blue button 'Media Tags' > Add New

Media Replacement Title: Periscope

Media Replacement Match: 

http://www.perisearch.net/w/{1}

Media Replacement HTML:

<iframe width="690" height="389" src="http://www.perisearch.net/embed/$1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Save

Post new video with the periscope URL in server's form:

periscope1.thumb.jpg.6e8bdbaf30f7be827c4

Result

periscope2.thumb.jpg.6936db5b1538be24cb3

Edited by onlyME
1 minute ago, onlyME said:

Go to ACP > Videobox > Servers > Create new server and set 'Video From' is 'External' (If you already added a server with the same setting you can ignore this step).

Media Replacement Match: 

Media Replacement HTML:

<iframe width="690" height="389" src="http://www.perisearch.net/embed/$1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Save

Result

Media Replacement Match: 

Media Replacement HTML:

Save

Result

Thank you so much!

49 minutes ago, onlyME said:

Yes, you can setup S3 for Videobox's images, subtitles, videos.

And each category has permission settings. You can set permissions for member  groups can view the videos or not.

So I assume it is secure and the S3 link cannot be shared to the public. No chance to derive the link source outside the temporary user session somehow and no workarounds. If so, great. It's important that video sources can't be hacked in any way, as it is paid content.

One other question:

If I observe the system handling in the periscope example. Would there be any way to do live broadcasting?

I mean this: Someone official is sitting behind a webcam and streams this live video content to a service (no idea which one) on the internet. Obviously live. And all forum members can follow this live broadcast and maybe publish questions via a shoutbox beside the live stream. In real time. It should be a functionality similar to these xxx girls cams, to get some live user input, but I need it for other broadcasts ? Only to describe the functionality ? It would be great for monthly live news and forum member interactions...

Edited by Cyboman
6 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

So I assume it is secure and the S3 link cannot be shared to the public. No chance to derive the link source outside the temporary user session somehow and no workarounds. If so, great. It's important that video sources can't be hacked in any way, as it is paid content.

One other question:

If I observe the system handling in the periscope example. Would there be any way to do live broadcasting?

I mean this: Someone official is sitting behind a webcam and streams this live video content to a service (no idea which one) on the internet. Obviously live. And all forum members can follow this live broadcast and maybe publish questions via a shoutbox beside the live stream. In real time. It should be a functionality similar to these xxx girls cams, to get some live user input, but I need it for other broadcasts ? Only to describe the functionality ? It would be great for monthly live news and forum member interactions...

S3 has policy for hotlink protection. 

I'm so sorry but Videobox doesn't have the features you need. It's only a system to share videos (upload or embed from other services). 

2 minutes ago, onlyME said:

I'm so sorry but Videobox doesn't have the features you need. It's only a system to share videos (upload or embed from other services).

Thanks for fast response. But videobox can handle broadcasts, like this twitch.tv. Isn't this the same in a way? Ok, you would also need any third live streaming service provider that could be inbound. And a shoutbox could probably be integrated easily via a widget in the sidebar. Don't you see a chance it might work in a primitive way?

Just now, Cyboman said:

Thanks for fast response. But videobox can handle broadcasts, like this twitch.tv. Isn't this the same in a way? Ok, you would also need any third live streaming service provider that could be inbound. And a shoutbox could probably be integrated easily via a widget in the sidebar. Don't you see a chance it might work in a primitive way?

It supports Twitch and Hitbox. They have api and embed codes for player & chat.

25 minutes ago, onlyME said:

It supports Twitch and Hitbox. They have api and embed codes for player & chat.

I know. But can't you submit live video via webcam with Twitch or Hitbox instead of any screen/stream captures for computer games? I mean it looks to me as if there could be a similar service like twitch or hitbox that transfers plain webcam streams... If you don't know I won't bother you about that any more. But it seems that you only need a similar provider like them that support direct live webcam feeds instead of gaming streams. It would be awesome to have opportunities like a one time live "newyear speach to the forum nation" :lol:

Anyway, thanks for your time.

Edited by Cyboman
2 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

I know. But can't you submit live video via webcam with Twitch or Hitbox instead of any screen/stream captures for computer games? I mean it looks to me as if there could be a similar service like twitch or hitbox that transfers plain webcam streams... If you don't know I won't bother you about that any more. But it seems that you only need a similar provider like them that support direct live webcam feeds instead of gaming streams. It would be awesome to have opportunities like a "newyear speach to the forum nation" :lol:

Anyway, thanks for your time.

It's ok if there are services similar twitch or hitbox. 

Please have a look at http://www.ustream.tv and http://www.livestream.com

In earlier times there was janus.tv (similar to the ones above) which developed and changed its name to twitch.tv. Unfortunately twitch.tv specialized on gaming streams later. They don't have options for livestreams other than gaming issues anymore.

What do you think?

Maybe there are also cheaper platforms, and I still don't know if professional features like password protection or inbound chat for live streams would conflict with your setup. They also have a proprietary HTML5 player. But the technology should be similar. And it would serve what I need: paid livestreams by webcam for protected forum groups.

7 hours ago, Cyboman said:

Please have a look at http://www.ustream.tv and http://www.livestream.com

In earlier times there was janus.tv (similar to the ones above) which developed and changed its name to twitch.tv. Unfortunately twitch.tv specialized on gaming streams later. They don't have options for livestreams other than gaming issues anymore.

What do you think?

Maybe there are also cheaper platforms, and I still don't know if professional features like password protection or inbound chat for live streams would conflict with your setup. They also have a proprietary HTML5 player. But the technology should be similar. And it would serve what I need: paid livestreams by webcam for protected forum groups.

I have no idea because I haven't used that services yet :rofl: I will take a look when I have time. Currently, I think the videobox can not fit your need, no paid per view, no password, no ustream/livestream.

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, mycota said:

Could you put a section that contains YouTube videos into your demo?

http://demo.ipsviet.com/video/browse/4-tv-show/

10 hours ago, mycota said:

Also the latest release says"

• Better way to get thumbnails from youtube/vimeo.

Can you describe this more? Sorry if I missed it in this thread.

I changed the code to get thumbnails, and now if you use server to post youtube/vimeo, it can get thumb (in the old versions, it only gets thumbnails if you post in description form).

Hi,

I'm still considering buying as soon as my own and my cooperation sponsor videos are developed.

If possible I would like to have one (new) request:

I would like to see something like a 5-10 seconds sponsor video, that is shown in the player before every or selected videos start playing.

It's like a small advertisement video, that redirects to the official video afterwards, after the advertisement video ends.

Maybe there could be different ads videos, so different sponsors could see their different ads in different categorys.

F.e. play "10sec advertisement video" in video category 1 before redirecting to the main video, play "8sec ad video 2" in category 2, maybe with skip option.

It's just an idea for monetizing....

8 hours ago, Cyboman said:

Hi,

I'm still considering buying as soon as my own and my cooperation sponsor videos are developed.

If possible I would like to have one (new) request:

I would like to see something like a 5-10 seconds sponsor video, that is shown in the player before every or selected videos start playing.

It's like a small advertisement video, that redirects to the official video afterwards, after the advertisement video ends.

Maybe there could be different ads videos, so different sponsors could see their different ads in different categorys.

F.e. play "10sec advertisement video" in video category 1 before redirecting to the main video, play "8sec ad video 2" in category 2, maybe with skip option.

It's just an idea for monetizing....

I will consider about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have some feature requests for the app. I'd appreciate if you could consider adding these as options, and let me know if you'll be able to do them or not.

• Can we have a per category option to disallow the "Description" field? Sometimes I don't want people adding a description.
  • In the "Customizable Video Feed" widget, can we have the option to sort by Online/Offline livestreams? I would only like the block to show online livestreams.
  • For livestream categories, can we simplify the "Title" and "Stream URL" into a single field, "Steam URL", and then have the title be generated from the Stream URL? Eg. I don't want people giving titles like "My stream :)" and then adding https://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon as the stream URL – it would be better if they only added the stream URL, and then the title auto-generates to "TwitchPlaysPokemon" from the stream URL.
  • Can we disallow duplicate streams from being added?
  • Can we restrict certain user groups to only adding a certain amount of streams? Eg. I would like to restrict it so that Members can only add 1 stream each, and that Administrators/Moderators can add as many as they want.
  • In livestream categories, it would be nice if the "Add Video" button was instead "Add Stream" or "Add Livestream", and records in that category then referred to as Streams/Livestreams everywhere.

Thanks a lot,
Daniel

Edited by DChiuch
47 minutes ago, DChiuch said:
  • Can we have a per category option to disallow the "Description" field? Sometimes I don't want people adding a description.
  • In the "Customizable Video Feed" widget, can we have the option to sort by Online/Offline livestreams? I would only like the block to show online livestreams.

Yes, I will update in the next version.

48 minutes ago, DChiuch said:

For livestream categories, can we simplify the "Title" and "Stream URL" into a single field, "Steam URL", and then have the title be generated from the Stream URL? Eg. I don't want people giving titles like "My stream :)" and then adding https://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon as the stream URL – it would be better if they only added the stream URL, and then the title auto-generates to "TwitchPlaysPokemon" from the stream URL.

I think title form is better for everybody. Example: https://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon has the title Twitch Plays Pokemon (Enter buttons via chat!!!). And I don't want to add (Enter buttons via chat!!!).

50 minutes ago, DChiuch said:

Can we disallow duplicate streams from being added?

It will be updated in the next version.

51 minutes ago, DChiuch said:

Can we restrict certain user groups to only adding a certain amount of streams? Eg. I would like to restrict it so that Members can only add 1 stream each, and that Administrators/Moderators can add as many as they want.

You should enable Video must be approved for livestream category.

53 minutes ago, DChiuch said:

In livestream categories, it would be nice if the "Add Video" button was instead "Add Stream" or "Add Livestream", and records in that category then referred to as Streams/Livestreams everywhere.

Sure.

47 minutes ago, DChiuch said:

Yes, I will update in the next version.

48 minutes ago, DChiuch said:

For livestream categories, can we simplify the "Title" and "Stream URL" into a single field, "Steam URL", and then have the title be generated from the Stream URL? Eg. I don't want people giving titles like "My stream :)" and then adding https://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon as the stream URL – it would be better if they only added the stream URL, and then the title auto-generates to "TwitchPlaysPokemon" from the stream URL.

I think title form is better for everybody. Example: https://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon has the title Twitch Plays Pokemon (Enter buttons via chat!!!). And I don't want to add (Enter buttons via chat!!!).

50 minutes ago, DChiuch said:

Can we disallow duplicate streams from being added?

It will be updated in the next version.

51 minutes ago, DChiuch said:

Can we restrict certain user groups to only adding a certain amount of streams? Eg. I would like to restrict it so that Members can only add 1 stream each, and that Administrators/Moderators can add as many as they want.

You should enable Video must be approved for livestream category.

53 minutes ago, DChiuch said:

In livestream categories, it would be nice if the "Add Video" button was instead "Add Stream" or "Add Livestream", and records in that category then referred to as Streams/Livestreams everywhere.

Sure.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, onlyME said:

There is a format form in field editting. Give it a code like this

<a href='{content}'>{content}</a>

Thanks! That worked!

The title got removed so in the format I added this

<span class='ipsDataItem_generic ipsDataItem_size4'><strong>URL:</strong> </span>
<span class='ipsDataItem_main'><a href='{content}'>{content}</a> </span>

:smile:

• 5 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, duyfr said:

hello someone know how to make it work with dailyMotion ? youtube work well but DailyMoition no 

:(

Hello,

Go to ACP > Servers > click the blue button "Media Tags" > Add new tag for Daily motion

Title: Dailymotion

Media Replacement Match: 

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/{1}_{2}

Media Replacement HTML

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/$1" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Save

Then you can post dailymotion