Upgrade of invision

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Hello to everyone 

We would like to upgrade the invision from 1.7.4 to 1.7.15 and during the upgrade show the following message ( see image ) .

Should worry do something or i can process with upgrade without any problem ?

Just to notice that until now we had only forum pages events and the new purscase is with also blogs and gallery 

Many thanks in advance 

Could contain: Page, Text

• Solution

You can make a test installation of your community for you and your staff to test by appending -TESTINSTALL to the end of your license key. You can read more about it here: 

Many thaks , this should be the solution . Just two fast question . 

1. Need to install a new fresh separate board with usl like domain/test/forum ?

Yes, you want to make a completely separate installation. This means uploading a copy of the software files again and also using a different MySQL database so that you don’t risk impacting your live installation. 

I personally would suggest using a separate hostname like test.mydomain.com as well.  That way if you need to delete/reinstall your test instance you won’t have issues with the license key saying it is already in use. 

Hello again . I created a test site , i check css files and other and then I progress the live site upgraded but everything go well and i am happy . 

I need only a question . We bought the Invision community classic from start as the forum changed owner and we process with upgrade but in classic there are some other feature like blogs bages etc that was not in the old version and doesnt been show after upgrade . What need to do for be showed ? 

To make more specif as application show the following 

but as license benefit are the following

Edited by amd21

1 hour ago, Randy Calvert said:

You need to download a full set of the IPB files and upload them to your site. Go back to you were with the applications listen and you’ll see at the bottom a button to install the ones you are missing. 

Thanks for reply . I am sorry i didnt understand . Need to install a full set or IPB or can insall just the missing applications? 

11 minutes ago, amd21 said:

Thanks for reply . I am sorry i didnt understand . Need to install a full set or IPB or can insall just the missing applications? 

You would upload the full file set to the location of your community on your server, overwriting what is there. Then go to ACP -> System -> Applications to install your missing applications.