Mail Bouncer - Automated Bounce Management

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, we have been discussing about a new feature to support "local mail" (instead of only email providers), 10 months ago.

Have you considered this feature? I - and probably many others - would still be very interested. Also interested in Amazon SES, as this seems to be an affordable solution for huge mailing lists, too. Unfortunately I can't afford using SparkPost or MailChimp. Thanks.

On 1/25/2019 at 5:37 AM, Cyboman said:
On 1/24/2019 at 2:28 PM, stoo2000 said:
On 1/22/2019 at 1:09 AM, Cyboman said:

If this would be possible, I'd directly purchase this plugin 🙂 💲💲💲

I will consider it, it goes against one of the original ideas behind the app in that it is not something you need to configure for it to work. You install it and it just works if you use one of the supported services already.

Edited by Cyboman
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 1:16 PM, maddog107_merged said:

Hows the testing going @AlexWebsites

I finally seem to have it working on my end. User error by me in terms of setting up notifications in SNS, but I can verify that SES is working and bounces are getting processed. I had to read up on how SES/SNS works. My suggestion to anyone using this in the future when its released, is to set up bounce and complaint SNS to an email notification and verify that it is sending via email/working. Then create a subscription to the app endpoint provided. Thank you @stoo2000!

2 minutes ago, AlexWebsites said:

I finally seem to have it working on my end. User error by me in terms of setting up notifications in SNS, but I can verify that SES is working and bounces are getting processed. I had to read up on how SES/SNS works. My suggestion to anyone using this in the future when its released, is to set up bounce and complaint SNS to an email notification and verify that it is sending via email/working. Then create a subscription to the app endpoint provided. Thank you @stoo2000!

Thank you. I am looking forward to using it with SES. I hope you can explain better how to configure it SNS and subscription to the endpoint.

2 minutes ago, pequeno said:

Thank you. I am looking forward to using it with SES. I hope you can explain better how to configure it SNS and subscription to the endpoint.

I think there may be some using SES that may need support if they can't get SES/SNS working. Support for that is with Amazon, not this app dev. Sparkpost/Sendgrid you plug in an API and that's it. With SES you need to set up your sending methods and then learn how to set up SNS. This is why I mention creating notifications to an email address so you can verify you have that working. Then use the app. 

For anyone planing to use this app with SES, that would be my one big suggestion... get Amazon SNS working now to your email address. Learn how to create topics and subscribe to them. Read up with Amazon SES/SNS. Its not difficult. Once you have it working and you are receiving Bounce/Complaint notifications to your email, you'll know that notifications are working from Amazon SES/SNS. You will then basically switch your subscription method from email to an https (endpoint url for your site that will receive these notifications within this bouncer app).

If you are using SES now, set up and test email notifications with SNS by each sending email address, not domain name. My main issue why I could not get this working was because I set up SNS to my domain name instead of the sending email addresses. I just figured that out today after messing with Amazon on and off this week. I had thought it was "catch-all" by domain name until I read online each email address has to be subscribed to a topic to send out notifications. 

2 minutes ago, AlexWebsites said:

For anyone planing to use this app with SES, that would be my one big suggestion... get Amazon SNS working now to your email address. Learn how to create topics and subscribe to them. Read up with Amazon SES/SNS. Its not difficult. Once you have it working and you are receiving Bounce/Complaint notifications to your email, you'll know that notifications are working from Amazon SES/SNS. You will then basically switch your subscription method from email to an https (endpoint url for your site that will receive these notifications within this bouncer app).

If you are using SES now, set up and test email notifications with SNS by each sending email address, not domain name. My main issue why I could not get this working was because I set up SNS to my domain name instead of the sending email addresses. I just figured that out today after messing with Amazon on and off this week. I had thought it was "catch-all" by domain name until I read online each email address has to be subscribed to a topic to send out notifications. 

No problem, I am currently using notifications to my emails without problems.

26 minutes ago, AlexWebsites said:

Then create a subscription to the app endpoint provided.

This is the part that I don't understand

2 minutes ago, pequeno said:

No problem, I am currently using notifications to my emails without problems.

This is the part that I don't understand

When you create a new subscription in SNS, use https or http if you are not SSL

image.png.59aef2567bb80d8d4afbd6df0b35c1fb.png

With the bouncer app, you'll be provided with a url to the bouncer app. This is the endpoint, the actual url that processes the bounced message.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed that only one person contacted me for access to test SNS integration. I'd have liked to test it and tweak it more, but that's not possible without any feedback.

The main code behind the app is getting some major changes at the moment which, but I think I may just end up releasing a minor update with the SNS code in it, it'll be exactly the same as what you could have had on request. You'd need to figure out how to make SNS/SES work though, that's not something I can help you with.

4 minutes ago, stoo2000 said:

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed that only one person contacted me for access to test SNS integration. I'd have liked to test it and tweak it more, but that's not possible without any feedback.

The main code behind the app is getting some major changes at the moment which, but I think I may just end up releasing a minor update with the SNS code in it, it'll be exactly the same as what you could have had on request. You'd need to figure out how to make SNS/SES work though, that's not something I can help you with.

I just read this post now because it came in my email as i was looking at my email.  I am very excited that you are doing this for SES.  I am on SES and would be happy to test this if you want to PM me the update/instructions.

On 11/3/2019 at 3:50 PM, stoo2000 said:

I sent you a PM but I would like to test as well. Thanks

On 11/4/2019 at 12:50 AM, stoo2000 said:

Hello @stoo2000, we are a lot of people waiting for it to work with amazon SES.

In my case it is a production site that sends hundreds of emails per day, but I can test if you wish.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got this error :

Mail Bouncer had an issue connecting to your SparkPost API. Please make sure that your SparkPost API key is correct and grants full read/write permission to 'Event Webhooks' and 'Suppression Lists'.

But I use SendGrid... Is there a problem ?

Also, it could be GREAT to get Amazon SES support !

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2019 at 12:50 AM, stoo2000 said:

Thanks for the new version with Amazon SES support. I can not wait to try it.

Edited by pequeno
On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:34 PM, Lauren3 said:

I've got this error :

Mail Bouncer had an issue connecting to your SparkPost API. Please make sure that your SparkPost API key is correct and grants full read/write permission to 'Event Webhooks' and 'Suppression Lists'.

But I use SendGrid... Is there a problem ?

Also, it could be GREAT to get Amazon SES support !

Please submit a support ticket on my helpdesk, I'll be happy to take a look: https://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/support 

31 minutes ago, pequeno said:

Thanks for the new version with Amazon SES support. I can not wait to try it.

No problem! I just wanted to make sure it was working well for those testing it. The only difficulty/issues so far have been configuring SES/SNS to send the data. Don't forget, the sale is today only!.

On 10/13/2019 at 7:57 PM, AlexWebsites said:

Hello, I tested the last version and I have a problem with SNS.

I have both, email and HTTPS endpoint subscriptions on my topics, the HTTPS endpoint subscription will not receive any data. @stoo2000 recommends me just leave https subscription only. 

Can someone confirm this to me. Does anyone have an email and https endopoint subscription and does it work?

Thanks.