Mail Bouncer - Automated Bounce Management

3 hours ago, pequeno said:

Hello, I tested the last version and I have a problem with SNS.

I have both, email and HTTPS endpoint subscriptions on my topics, the HTTPS endpoint subscription will not receive any data. @stoo2000 recommends me just leave https subscription only. 

Can someone confirm this to me. Does anyone have an email and https endopoint subscription and does it work?

Thanks.

I only have https and not email. I also have separate topics/subscriptions in SNS for bounce and complaints.

Make sure you are subscribing your verified outgoing email address and not domain name only.

Just now, AlexWebsites said:

Make sure you are subscribing your verified outgoing email address and not domain name only.

Yes, I verified domain and email address.

I have separate subscription for bounce and complaint, and the email notifications reached me correctly.

Adding endpoint for mailbounce, the notifications works for email but not for endpoint. Following the @stoo2000 recommendations I have deleted subscriptions to the mail and left only the endpoint.

1 hour ago, pequeno said:

Yes, I verified domain and email address.

I have separate subscription for bounce and complaint, and the email notifications reached me correctly.

Adding endpoint for mailbounce, the notifications works for email but not for endpoint. Following the @stoo2000 recommendations I have deleted subscriptions to the mail and left only the endpoint.

Did you subscribe to your SNS topics from the email address or domain name in SES? 

5 hours ago, pequeno said:

I subscribe from domain and from email address. 

So this section in SES for email:

image.png.d4b341e86c62ef68a16d39b4b656ff2f.png

and under your sending email you verified you have the correct SNS topics for HTTPS/endpoint like:

image.png.997ef2a7475be111b74336f583003df2.png

Now originally, I did enable email feedback forwarding also to make sure they are going out. But then I disabled it. If it goes out via email, it should also go out to the endpoint in SNS. then I was checking the bounce table in the database to confirm. 

Your topic in Amazon SES, you have the full endpoint confirmed? One topic for bounce and one for complaints?

image.png.0ad98683c83436beec227722855f57c6.png

Can't really think of anything else, its pretty straightforward.

9 minutes ago, pequeno said:

Yes @AlexWebsites All is correct.

Try to add a email to the bounce and complaint email subscripcions, and test if it works with the endpoint at the same time.

So if you send an email from that email address (same as what is used by IPS) to a bad email, you get an email notification that it bounced but NOT an entry into the database via the endpoint, correct? With email feedback forwarding on, If you get an email saying something bounced, then SES is sending and now you just need to figure out why it’s not going to the topic and then to the endpoint.

That’s all I can think of, I’m really not sure why it’s not working for you. It works for me. 

Edited by AlexWebsites
1 hour ago, AlexWebsites said:

So if you send an email from that email address (same as what is used by IPS) to a bad email, you get an email notification that it bounced but NOT an entry into the database via the endpoint, correct?

Yes, this is my configuration:

endpoint.png.ca4983f3bab17643be8ef5e12fcf14d6.png

Rebotes=bounce

Quejas=complaint

In this case I only receive it by email.

@stoo2000 tested it obtain the same result.

1 hour ago, AlexWebsites said:

That’s all I can think of, I’m really not sure why it’s not working for you. It works for me. 

Works for you at the email and at the endpoint at the same time?

1 minute ago, AlexWebsites said:

No, I don’t use an email protocol. You don’t need that for this app. Try deleting those. Are you using email with some other notification because email feedback forwarding from SES will send you an email on each instance if you need that. You don’t need to set up an email protocol in SNS for this app, only https, unless you need that for some reason.

Right. I deleted the email subscription. I used it for information purposes only.

Welcome, I have this issue "Mail Bouncer had an issue connecting to your SparkPost API. Please make sure that your SparkPost API key is correct and grants full read/write permission to 'Event Webhooks' and 'Suppression Lists'." 

but I got api key for All permisions and mails are being sent by sparkpost. How can I troubleshoot it and fix it? 

14 hours ago, Iwooo said:

Welcome, I have this issue "Mail Bouncer had an issue connecting to your SparkPost API. Please make sure that your SparkPost API key is correct and grants full read/write permission to 'Event Webhooks' and 'Suppression Lists'." 

but I got api key for All permisions and mails are being sent by sparkpost. How can I troubleshoot it and fix it? 

Please feel free to submit a support ticket at https://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/support I'll be happy to take a look.

I tried to install the bouncer.tar application.  (I have the latest forum software on invision hosting)

I got this error

1S111/1 Duplicate key name 'bouncer_disabled'

Now its showing under  "applications not currently installed"  when i click the plus sign, it says its installed already..

Its not installed and I can't seem to uninstall it.

any ideas?

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:33 PM, Ihia said:

I tried to install the bouncer.tar application.  (I have the latest forum software on invision hosting)

I got this error

1S111/1 Duplicate key name 'bouncer_disabled'

Now its showing under  "applications not currently installed"  when i click the plus sign, it says its installed already..

Its not installed and I can't seem to uninstall it.

any ideas?

Please submit a support ticket (link above your post) and I'll be happy to take a look.

21 hours ago, Yizhong Zhang said:

We use a mail server running mailinabox to send email notifications. Just wondering if you can integrate with plain old SMTP bounce messages too?

You could with a custom handler, something that would read an IMAP inbox and sort through bounce notifications, determine how serious they are and then log the appropriate bounce record in the app. The benefits with using a provider such as SendGrid/SES etc is that they are already part of the feedback loops for spam/abuse and they figure out how serious the bounce is for you.

On 12/14/2019 at 10:31 PM, stoo2000 said:

You could with a custom handler, something that would read an IMAP inbox and sort through bounce notifications, determine how serious they are and then log the appropriate bounce record in the app. The benefits with using a provider such as SendGrid/SES etc is that they are already part of the feedback loops for spam/abuse and they figure out how serious the bounce is for you.

That sounds very good. If you can build this handler into the plugin, that will be tremendously helpful. The admin can just configure regex filters to fish out the bounce logs.

Emails are a great way to keep members engaged. So we send lots of them to the point where using SendGrid / SES does not make economic sense (huge bills) .

So... if your plugin can work with SMTP and IMAP, I would definitely subscribe.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I tried to configure the connection to sns but I did not receive any notification in the application, I tried it in many ways but there is no response from the application.
Amazon Aws suspended my service because I have a 16% bounce rate, so I don't know why I buy an application like this if it doesn't work for me. I also created a support topic at https://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/support on 25DIC19 but I never got an answer.

I want the money back!

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:11 AM, Yizhong Zhang said:

That sounds very good. If you can build this handler into the plugin, that will be tremendously helpful. The admin can just configure regex filters to fish out the bounce logs.

Emails are a great way to keep members engaged. So we send lots of them to the point where using SendGrid / SES does not make economic sense (huge bills) .

So... if your plugin can work with SMTP and IMAP, I would definitely subscribe.

I just wanted to clarify, what I meant by a 'custom handler' was that something like this would be a one-off project that either you could create or I could for a cost.

12 hours ago, MataVirgenes said:

Hello, I tried to configure the connection to sns but I did not receive any notification in the application, I tried it in many ways but there is no response from the application.
Amazon Aws suspended my service because I have a 16% bounce rate, so I don't know why I buy an application like this if it doesn't work for me. I also created a support topic at https://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/support on 25DIC19 but I never got an answer.

I want the money back!

I'm sorry I haven't replied in a timely manner. Unfortunately I was out sick over Christmas and New Year. I am looking at your ticket right now and I'll respond there after I have reviewed it.

ok thanks, mail bounced works!

5 hours ago, stoo2000 said:

I just wanted to clarify, what I meant by a 'custom handler' was that something like this would be a one-off project that either you could create or I could for a cost.

I'm sorry I haven't replied in a timely manner. Unfortunately I was out sick over Christmas and New Year. I am looking at your ticket right now and I'll respond there after I have reviewed it.

20 hours ago, stoo2000 said:

I can do that, if you can give me the API definition that will talk to the Mail Bouncer plugin.