Download: (TVC32) Log In As Member

roc13x

At the moment, I am trying to do that, but so far the only way seems to be by editing an IPB file. I might discover a better way soon, but if you want to enable privacy now:

That will make any logins using the hook anonymous

ecellent... Just excellent...

Thank you
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the moment, I am trying to do that, but so far the only way seems to be by editing an IPB file. I might discover a better way soon, but if you want to enable privacy now:

In /admin/sources/handlers/han_login.php

Go to line 253

Change:

$privacy	= 0;

to:

$privacy	= 1;

That will make any logins using the hook anonymous

this affects only your mod RIGHT?????
I do not want to do anything weird.... :)

People do have rights, this may be crossing a few boundaries...

Sometimes it helpful. Just a little example:

As everyone knows their are cheat/haxes in online multilayer games. Most of the good servers run anti cheat tools to keep cheaters away. But once your community gets bigger those little hackers target your forums and PM people to "sell" their cheats. I wouldn't like personally that my forum is getting used as a medium to sell their cheats.

Now during this situations mod's like this, PM reading, etc. comes handy so you can check what user is doing.

Every community has its own needs. ;)
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This would be a handy tool if I could get it working.

It seems to clash with the PIN Awards application. When I turn this Log in as member application I get this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined method pinAwardsProProfileSkinOverload::logInAsMember() in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/hooks/LogInAsMemberTemp_f9755ed1b7628a1f211883bf36e0f0f3.php on line 45

If I disable the (PIN) Awards Pro - Profile Modern Skin Overloader Hook I get this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined method skin_profile_11::logInAsMember() in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/hooks/LogInAsMemberTemp_f9755ed1b7628a1f211883bf36e0f0f3.php on line 45

Would you have a fix for this please.

Thanks.

I am not able to bring out a fix, because I simply cannot reproduce it in any way. I have installed Awards Management System, and it still works for me.
If you have trouble with it, try removing it, recaching everything, make sure hook file is deleted, then reimport.

If you are still having problems, can you PM me with a list of the apps and hooks you have installed and which skin you are using, to work out what is causing it on some boards

Thank you

I am not able to bring out a fix, because I simply cannot reproduce it in any way. I have installed Awards Management System, and it still works for me.

If you have trouble with it, try removing it, recaching everything, make sure hook file is deleted, then reimport.

If you are still having problems, can you PM me with a list of the apps and hooks you have installed and which skin you are using, to work out what is causing it on some boards

Thank you

Thanks very much for the advice.

Looking back on my post I omitted to say that the errors ocurred when I clicked on a members profile in 'Members'.

Anyway, I did as you advised, un-installed, re-cashed everything and then re-installed. Works a treat.

Thanks very much for a great mod.
  • 1 month later...

FWIW, I installed this and it's working like a champ. Ideally I wouldn't have to log out before trying to spoof another person, but a small quibble. I like that the person I'm spoofing doesn't show up as logged in, which was a failing of previous products for v2 of the boards.

And no, we don't use this casually, but when there is some serious mis-behavior it's a relief to be able to confirm/deny an allegation by checking someone's PM box.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks, I installed this, and have a feature suggestion.

There is a similar mod for Vbulletin, and what's handy is that when you are logged in as a different user, there is a status at the time that lets you know you're logged in as someone else. When you're done, you can click "logout", and it takes you back to your previously used account.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for the mod.

I'm using it to import blogs from my previous Wordpress blog.

As Admin I cannot create blogs for members - the member has do create it whilst logged in - so I am unable to import the blog entries for selected members of the site.

With this mod, however, I can now login as member "x" - create the blog - import the RSS/XML data - then logout - job done :)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

• 1 month later...

Does this work w/3.1.4? I get this error

Argument 1 passed to han_login::__construct() must be an instance of ipsRegistry, null given, called in /home/domain/public_html/hooks/LogInAsMemberSource_hash.php on line 22 and defined in /home/domain/public_html/admin/sources/handlers/han_login.php on line 99

Does this work w/3.1.4? I get this error

Argument 1 passed to han_login::__construct() must be an instance of ipsRegistry, null given, called in /home/domain/public_html/hooks/LogInAsMemberSource_hash.php on line 22 and defined in /home/domain/public_html/admin/sources/handlers/han_login.php on line 99

I did a test install on a 3.1.4 board and it seemed to work fine. Try re-caching all under "Cache Management" and recaching your skins

the hook is OK and it is good piece of work

may I suggest adding to the stting new features to protect the privacy of the logged in member ie when I as a moderator login the user say xyz I should not be able to alter the password or see the contents of his private messages and also I should not be able to add posts carrying his name.

Archived