Download: (TVC32) Log In As Member

roc13x

everyone gets greedy or ungrateful ? It's a really great app with 700 download and only 14 votes/26 thank you (<----Hello, this is FREE...).

I've just bought the new version, not because i need it (1.x version is good) but i think it's a good way to help coder to upgrade application in the future.

So thank you roc13x :)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

everyone gets greedy or ungrateful ? It's a really great app with 700 download and only 14 votes/26 thank you (<----Hello, this is FREE...).

I've just bought the new version, not because i need it (1.x version is good) but i think it's a good way to help coder to upgrade application in the future.

So thank you roc13x :)

Agreed. It's more unfair to ask a skilled coder who could be making serious day job money with his spare time (presuming he/she is single and has lots of spare time) to give away everything they do for free.

How much time is he saving you by creating this mod, and how much is your time worth? Coughing up a few George's to save you hours of time that could otherwise be spent actually having fun doing something else is a small price to pay. Unless of course, your time isn't worth much.

I see that after using this app the member that I "logged in as" is shown with a star (*), that is invisible. Why is that? The members should be returned to the state that they were, that is usually unhidden.

Can you provide more detail on how to reproduce this?

Simply log-in-as a member, then log-out and return to the admin account and see the members on-line. You'll see members with * (hidden) the members you used to log-in-as. For members that are logged-in at the specific time too.
If they are not logged-in at that time, later, they log-in with *.

That's what I understand is happening.

Simply log-in-as a member, then log-out and return to the admin account and see the members on-line. You'll see members with * (hidden) the members you used to log-in-as. For members that are logged-in at the specific time too.

If they are not logged-in at that time, later, they log-in with *.

That's what I understand is happening.

Thank you, this will be fixed in the next update
  • 2 weeks later...

If I set "Disable Anonymous Login" to YES (by default it's NO) from the ACP setting, will the mod work w/o any problems?

Yes, the mod should still function fine.
I'm not sure if it will affect the anonymous setting on the application, will have to check on that.
  • 3 weeks later...

lol ... this has just answered a question that has been bugging me for weeks.

I've had a couple of people appearing on the list with (*) in spite of setting anon-NO in the ACP. This explains how they've been marked as anon - they are users I have logged in to with this mod.

I'll wait for the next update to resolve this.

Thanks,
Shaun :D

• 2 weeks later...

lol ... this has just answered a question that has been bugging me for weeks.

I've had a couple of people appearing on the list with (*) in spite of setting anon-NO in the ACP. This explains how they've been marked as anon - they are users I have logged in to with this mod.

I'll wait for the next update to resolve this.

Thanks,

Shaun :D

So you want the mod's anonymous feature to respect the "Disable anonymous login" setting in IPB?
i.e. If the "Disable anonymous login" setting in IPB is set to yes, the mod's "Anonymous logins?" setting has no effect.
Is that the behaviour you want to see?

Or if it was the issue RObiN-HoOD described above, that was resolved in 2.0.3 and the user's previous anonymous setting is now preserved

I'm using IPB 3.1.4 and the free version TVC30 which is working fine. I would now like to purchase and support your new update 2.0.4.

Have a few questions by looking at your screen shots:

1. Enable profile tab: Shows the latest login logs for a member on their profile. Users with no permission will be shown a message instead.

Can you describe what message? If they have no permissions why should the logs tab show at all as well as the login as user?

2. Anonymous logins: If set to yes, all logins made by this system will be anonymous.

Does this mean that when an admin logs in as another member that member will show anonymous and then when the admin leaves it will revert back to being non anonymous?

3. Banned Users: Ban individual members from using the application.

Is this like a quick window view of all of your banned users in the ACP allowing you to remove the ban? Or is it to quickly ban members? Is it while you are logged in as the member or just through the ACP? Apologize for not fully understanding this.

4. When I purchase do I have to un install the old version hook or will it update automatically through the ACP by loading the new one?

Many thanks for this mod, it has saved some issues for me.
JB

have a small problem, when I click tab on front end (I am admin) nothing happens. go through ACP backside and it works perfect.
any thoughts?
by nothing I mean just that, nothing.

I suspect it may be related to (RedHook) Modify Your Mainmenu 1.0.2 being installed, that was only one I could find that allowed drop downs in top menu.
I disabled that hook but did not affect it, should I totally remove it? really need to avoid that if possible.
thanks.

Can you describe what message? If they have no permissions why should the logs tab show at all as well as the login as user?

This has since been changed. The tab will not show at all for users with no permission. I must update that :)

Does this mean that when an admin logs in as another member that member will show anonymous and then when the admin leaves it will revert back to being non anonymous?

Yes, the account's previous anonymous setting should be reverted back to how it was before they were logged in as.

Is this like a quick window view of all of your banned users in the ACP allowing you to remove the ban? Or is it to quickly ban members? Is it while you are logged in as the member or just through the ACP? Apologize for not fully understanding this.

If you add a ban from the app's Banned Users section, that member will not be able to use the app at all from the front end. They will still be able to view logs from the ACP, unless you apply ACP restrictions of course.
This does not have anything to do with banning the member from the forum, only the application.

4. When I purchase do I have to un install the old version hook or will it update automatically through the ACP by loading the new one?

You must first uninstall the 1.X hook from the "Manage Hooks" section in the ACP. Simply click "Uninstall Hook" from the dropdown beside the hook name.

If you are still unclear about any of these answers, please tell me and I will try and explain in more detail :)

have a small problem, when I click tab on front end (I am admin) nothing happens. go through ACP backside and it works perfect.

any thoughts?

by nothing I mean just that, nothing.

I suspect it may be related to (RedHook) Modify Your Mainmenu 1.0.2 being installed, that was only one I could find that allowed drop downs in top menu.

I disabled that hook but did not affect it, should I totally remove it? really need to avoid that if possible.

thanks.

By "click tab on front end", do you mean when you click the "Log in as Logs" tab in a user's profile, or are you referring to some other button/tab?

The only tab I can think of that would do nothing would be one on the primary menu if you set "Hide Tab" to "No" in the App's settings. That tab is not meant to be shown as the app has no main frontend page.

If you add a ban from the app's Banned Users section, that member will not be able to use the app at all from the front end. They will still be able to view logs from the ACP, unless you apply ACP restrictions of course.

This does not have anything to do with banning the member from the forum, only the application.

To clarify, banning member only from the front end of the application. If a member group is allowed to use the app and there are 5 users and I ban one of them, the other users can continue on that same member group except for the one I banned, correct?

No sure why you did not make it so they can not see the logs as well. A banning is a mis use to me so seeing the logs have no purpose for the ban user unless I'm missing something. Would this be a quick fix or edit?

Many thanks for clarifying the rest of the points.

To clarify, banning member only from the front end of the application. If a member group is allowed to use the app and there are 5 users and I ban one of them, the other users can continue on that same member group except for the one I banned, correct?

No sure why you did not make it so they can not see the logs as well. A banning is a mis use to me so seeing the logs have no purpose for the ban user unless I'm missing something. Would this be a quick fix or edit?

Many thanks for clarifying the rest of the points.

Here is an example of how you would stop a user completely from using the application:

If they are an admin:
1. Add them to the Banned Users list in the app (stops them using it on the front end).
2. Apply a simple ACP restriction to them to prevent them accessing the ACP pages for the application (stops them viewing any logs from the ACP).

If they have no ACP access (e.g. a moderator):
1. Add them to the Banned Users list in the app

Using those steps, a member will not be able to access the application at all, no logs, nothing.
If you want to stop an admin from viewing the ACP logs, yet do not want to use ACP restrictions to achieve that, I can look into it.

And yes, banning one member in the group has no effect on the rest of the members of that group, they can use it normally :)

[u]If they have no ACP access (e.g. a moderator):[/u]

1. Add them to the Banned Users list in the app

Using those steps, a member will not be able to access the application at all, no logs, nothing.

Understand perfect, can you confirm on this one to see if I understood correctly. As long as it is a moderator (not admin) or they don't have ACP access they will not be able see the applications including logs on the front end, correct?

If you want to stop an admin from viewing the ACP logs, yet do not want to use ACP restrictions to achieve that, I can look into it.

I don't have use for this at present but I can see that it can be useful to some having a quick setting on the application rather than going to the ACP restriction to get it done and have this question re visited in the future by others. Would be nice to have it though.

Many thanks for your details and support, I will purchase this. We hope it continues to work when the new IPB 3.2 update comes out. :)

Understand perfect, can you confirm on this one to see if I understood correctly. As long as it is a moderator (not admin) or they don't have ACP access they will not be able see the applications including logs on the front end, correct?

Absolutely. If they are not an admin, and you ban them, they will have absolutely no access to any functions or logs of the application.

Many thanks for your details and support, I will purchase this. We hope it continues to work when the new IPB 3.2 update comes out. :)

Thank you for your support :)
And yes, if there are issues with the app and IPB 3.2, I will resolve them.

Scenario:

Admin logs in as anonymous, shows as anonymous on main page, logs in as another member, member shows anonymous according to settings, logs out of member and is automatically logged back in as admin except this time he is no longer anonymous when admin returns.

Anyway to fix this so that admin stays anonymous or not when they first return?

Many thanks,
JB

Archived