Download: (TVC32) Log In As Member

roc13x

File Name: (TVC33) Log In As Member
File Submitter: roc13x
File Submitted: 14 Nov 2009
File Category: Applications

(TVC32) Log In As Member

3.2.X & 3.3.X ONLY. If you need to download the 3.1 version, download the last revision, 2.0.5.

Features:

• Allows specified groups to log into the board as other members, without knowing the password.
  • Specify which groups can use the system.
  • Choose protected groups that cannot be logged into using the system.
  • Choose if logins made by the system are anonymous.
  • Turn system Online/Offline.
  • Simple: Just click a button in a members profile, and you are logged in as them.
  • Very useful for troubleshooting permission problems for individual members, or testing new permissions.
  • Secure: Only groups that are allowed can view and use the app.
  • Admins are automatically logged back into their own accounts after they log out of the user's account!
  • All actions are logged, and can be viewed with a Log Viewer in the ACP.
  • Latest logs can be viewed from a member's profile.
  • Ban individual members from using the application.
  • Update Notifications.

Support/Contact: Click Here

Click here to download this file
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm .. Im missing something .. Cant seem to see the button LOL

Make sure you configure which groups can see the button first. The default setting is that it is hidden from everyone.
Just go to system settings and find the new tab that was added.

Note: The button is on the front-end profile, not the ACP

Check that the template exists. It is called logInAsMember, and it's under "Profiles" in your skin. If it exists, check that it's not empty.
If all looks fine, try disabling other hooks and see if it works. Which other hooks do you have installed?
Make sure you have IPB 3.0.4

If the above fails, try this test:

Pick out a random member and get their member ID. It should be in the URL of their profile.
Then go to www.yourforum.com/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login&do=loginas&member_id=150
Replace the member ID with the one you picked.

Tell me what happens. You should either be logged in as them, get a permission error, or be redirected to the homepage.

I am looking at the code here, and will do more tests. This is my first plugin, so I didn't expect it to go smoothly on all installs

logInAsMember exist under "Profiles" and it looks like this:

<ul class='topic_buttons'>

<li><a href='{$this->settings['board_url']}/index.php?app=core&amp;module=global&amp;section=login&amp;do=loginas&amp;member_id={parse expression="intval($this->request['showuser'])"}' base='publicWithApp' class='ipbmenu' title='{$this->lang->words['loginasmember_title']}'>{parse replacement="user_icon"} {$this->lang->words['loginasmember_button']}</a></li>

</ul>

There is small error. ;)

Button appear but ONLY if admin set protected. I suggest change this code:

if ( $this->settings['loginas_protected'] && in_array( $member['member_group_id'], explode( ",", $this->settings['loginas_protected'] ) ) == FALSE)

To:

if ( ! in_array( $member['member_group_id'], explode( ",", $this->settings['loginas_protected'] ) ) )

;)

This seems like a great tool to be able to test issues on other people's accounts without embarrassingly asking for their username and password. It almost seems like a hack, though -- are downsides or potential issues, other than that if someone were to gain access to an admin's account they'd be able to access anyone's account?

This seems like a great tool to be able to test issues on other people's accounts without embarrassingly asking for their username and password. It almost seems like a hack, though -- are downsides or potential issues, other than that if someone were to gain access to an admin's account they'd be able to access anyone's account?

Yes, unfortunately if an admin account is hacked, they could potentially access any other account.
But, I suppose they could do that anyway, by changing the member's password first in the ACP.

The previous version for 2.3 had invisible option...

Would you consider adding that to this hook?

Maybe a setting line in setting in ACP...

That was very usefull....

Thanks

At the moment, I am trying to do that, but so far the only way seems to be by editing an IPB file. I might discover a better way soon, but if you want to enable privacy now:

In /admin/sources/handlers/han_login.php
Go to line 253

Change:

$privacy	= 0;

to:

$privacy	= 1;

That will make any logins using the hook anonymous

Archived