IPB 2.1.3 Released

Guest IPS News

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It contains the obvious ones. IPB will run with MySQL 5 (not in strict mode) but it may produce unpredictable results. We've not run it through MySQL 5 QA testing yet so we're not going to officially state that it's MySQL 5 compatible.

At what stage of development is full support planned? If its being worked on, or its not till the next major update, thats fine.

As long as it works, without serious problems, which I doubt I am happy :-)

I am now able to get the PM Notification Box, thanks for the up-date.

I do still have several issues though maybe I can get help here.

1. Quick Edit feature always displays This post has been edited by Nwatson99: Today, 8:14 PM This Member is Admin and has the Check Edit Box feature available.

2. I cannot see or manage Validating members, this is a big problem for me.

3. Cannot Turn off the Option for
Specify Topic Open Time
Specify Topic Close Time

Can someone help me out with this? :(

the popups for new pm's looks very ncie now.

The Best I have ever see, plus with the features they added with the screen I would like to buy the designer a cold one for this.

what all has changed? I havent really gone through things closely. Whether it be pm, the forums, or anything. I did look and see the forum default settings for filtering. Not sure if I can utilize tat for much of anything or not. If ratings was a sorting category, I could use that for certain areas.

Was there any new feature at all in 2.1.2? I skipped that one and now went from 2.1.1 to 2.1.3

edit: were the recent posts and recent pm's tabs already there before now? If so, I dont remember noticing them.

hmm I just looked at a 2.1.0 board and it already had those tabs. Guess I didnt pay much attention.

My assistant could become a huge thing if they do a little more with it.

well that sucks...

too bad they cant upgrade the invisionfree to v2.0 and nothing else

Ah, but they likely won't, or if they do it'll be completly different from Invision v2.0.0. The reason being that Invisionfree started off from Invision 1.2x, then they went and highly modified all the Invision code into the big mess that Invisionfree is today with their own v1.3x. :shifty:

I run a 2.1.3 forum and honestly, when you compare what we have now with 2.1.3 compared to the Admin CP options and whatnot in Invisionfree, it's just a big joke, especially if you try to reskin or add mods into your invisionfree board.

At any rate - thanks once again Matt for the upgrade file - very simple to fix things up, and with the mod edits and skin template changes I did last night I am now one very happy person with my 2.1.3 upgrade. :D

Is it me, or does the Remove duplicate settings groups tool think it's funny to remove the IPB License setting group when there is no duplicate.

That's because there is no longer a use for the License Settings, as it IS NOT required to input it.

Agreed! Excellent job. I've got to say, since converting from VB 3.5 to IPB 2.1 (which I wanted to do right aways anyway, but 2.1 wasnt out yet, and I've been with IPB since early last year), my member counts have skyrocketed and I hear nothing but good things about the forum and how it looks from my members. I also appreciate letting us know what files to upgrade with rather than re-uploading all of them, then having to re-hack all of them.

And for those asking, "Whats changed"....here ya go:

http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?...view=getnewpost

70+ bug fixes in the palm of your hand.

There is no doubt in my mind that IPB 2.1 is one of the most comprehensive forums around. As for proof about how much better my forum is doing now that I have converted, I figure this speaks louder than words. The forum was converted on the 2nd of Nov.

Registration Statistics:

November 5th - 2005>>> 5 (And its only 12:55am my time!!)
November 4th - 2005>>> 31
November 3rd - 2005>>> 22
November 2nd - 2005>>> 47 (Date of conversion)
November 1st - 2005>>> 19
October 31st - 2005>>> 12
October 30th - 2005>>> 27
October 29th - 2005>>> 9
October 28th - 2005>>> 14
October 27th - 2005>>> 6
October 26th - 2005>>> 13
October 25th - 2005>>> 17
October 24th - 2005>>> 10
October 23rd - 2005>>> 11

See a pattern? ;)

Thanks IPB for everything you have done and all of the hard work you do!

I am now able to get the PM Notification Box, thanks for the up-date.

I do still have several issues though maybe I can get help here.

1. Quick Edit feature always displays [i]This post has been edited by Nwatson99: Today, 8:14 PM[/i] This Member is Admin and has the Check Edit Box feature available.

2. I cannot see or manage Validating members, this is a big problem for me.

3. Cannot Turn off the Option for

[b]Specify Topic Open Time[/b]

[b]Specify Topic Close Time[/b]

Can someone help me out with this? :(

The Best I have ever see, plus with the features they added with the screen I would like to buy the designer a cold one for this.

Thanks for the comments. :)

1) http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?showtopic=198118

This was changed in 2.1.3, but this thread shows how you can revert the change for those who do not wish for this legend to auto appear. Additionally, using the Full Edit, you can deselect the box if you wish.

2) There were not changes regarding validating members in this release. You should be able to still manage them via the ACP as in previous releases. If you are having problems with this, please submit a ticket.

3) Supermoderators have this ability by default. The code appears to check for a setting for regular moderators, but I'm having trouble finding this setting on the moderator settings page (when you edit a moderator's permissions for a forum). I'll look into this further.

Can someone point me to documentation on:

I can't find how to enable .htaccess authentication for my feeds.

If you have an RSS feed that is behind .htaccess authentication, now when you create your RSS import routine there is a checkbox you can select for this. When you do, you can enter your username and password. If you try to visit your RSS feed do you get a popup asking you to login? If not, you don't need this ability. We have a developer feed like this however, so we found it a useful addition (that didn't take too much time to add either). :)

On my server MySQL is now crashing every 3-4 hours, taking httpd and all other sites with it... Server ran fine before this upgrade. Anyone else seen behavior like this?

There was nothing changed in this release that should be causing this. Submit a ticket if you continue to have problems so I can investigate for you. Ensure you include the full SQL error.

If you have an RSS feed that is behind .htaccess authentication, now when you create your RSS import routine there is a checkbox you can select for this. When you do, you can enter your username and password. If you try to visit your RSS feed do you get a popup asking you to login? If not, you don't need this ability. We have a developer feed like this however, so we found it a useful addition (that didn't take too much time to add either). :)

Oh. I thought it was support for RSS exporting instead of importing. Any chance we could get support for .htaccess authentication for RSS exporting that would follow users' forum credentials?

Agreed! Excellent job. I've got to say, since converting from VB 3.5 to IPB 2.1 (which I wanted to do right aways anyway, but 2.1 wasnt out yet, and I've been with IPB since early last year), my member counts have skyrocketed and I hear nothing but good things about the forum and how it looks from my members. I also appreciate letting us know what files to upgrade with rather than re-uploading all of them, then having to re-hack all of them.

And for those asking, "Whats changed"....here ya go:

http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?...view=getnewpost

70+ bug fixes in the palm of your hand.

There is no doubt in my mind that IPB 2.1 is one of the most comprehensive forums around. As for proof about how much better my forum is doing now that I have converted, I figure this speaks louder than words. The forum was converted on the 2nd of Nov.

[b]Registration Statistics[/b]:

November 5th - 2005>>> 5 (And its only 12:55am my time!!)

November 4th - 2005>>> 31

November 3rd - 2005>>> 22

November 2nd - 2005>>> 47 (Date of conversion)

--------------------------------------- VB 3.5 was being used prior to the conversion

November 1st - 2005>>> 19

October 31st - 2005>>> 12

October 30th - 2005>>> 27

October 29th - 2005>>> 9

October 28th - 2005>>> 14

October 27th - 2005>>> 6

October 26th - 2005>>> 13

October 25th - 2005>>> 17

October 24th - 2005>>> 10

October 23rd - 2005>>> 11

See a pattern? ;)

Thanks IPB for everything you have done and all of the hard work you do!

In response, it's only 11am, and my site already has had 15 registrations. As you can tell, since the conversion my member #'s have skyrocketed. I get twice as many members in one day than I did with VB. I have IPB and the IPB mod community to thank for all of this. You guys rock! :thumbsup: I've gotten so many compliments its not even funny. And I swear everytime I refresh the page new people have joined. Its insane.

Its nice to see that even though this was a bug fix release, that there were also a few new additions as well. While some people were used to VB and how it worked on my forum, after the conversion the admins, mods, and I worked hard at easing people over and showing them all of the benefits IPB had to offer over VB 3.5. It's amazing how quickly some of them converted after playing around with IPB themselves...and how many, while a tough sell, admitted that if they get a board... it would be an IPB one. One selling point was the SQL database size. When I backed up my VB board, the only modification it had was the shoutbox. And the file ended up being 233 MB..with the shoutbox cleaned out. On the IPB board, after the conversion, I had twice as many tables (because of the numerous hacks I installed) than VB's, and even then it was only a 77MB backup. Do the math. ;)

Serious props to everyone here at IPB!!! :thumbsup: :D

Well, so what would you say is the big thing that is new in 2.1.3? I mean, it just seems to have probably a minor update. So, um, when with 2.2 come out? I know, I know! 2.1 just came out, but what are the big plans for the future. By the way, I love the new IPB2.1

I hate to say it, but after what happened between VB 3.5 and IPB 2.1 this past summer.... if they are to release a list....I would actually keep the biggest and best abilities/options quiet until launch or close to launch of 2.2, whenever that will be. 2.2 I would suspect would be out sometime in the spring...at the earliest.

There are over 70 bug fixes with 2.1.3, and a few new features have been added as well.

Ok.. cool .. Thanks guys ! over 70 bug fixes nice work :)

I hardly think this is something commendable. It shows that this new QA department is really necessary for IPS, in my humble opinion because 70 bug fixes after we've gone through alpha testing, beta testing, PDR's, the FINAL (which had plenty of bugs itself) and now three subversions (within how many months... two? All these upgrades and already 3.0.0 is around the corner) is not acceptable. I'm honestly not satisfied with the testing and implentation of IPB right now.

I hardly think this is something commendable. It shows that this new QA department is really necessary for IPS, in my humble opinion because 70 bug fixes after we've gone through alpha testing, beta testing, PDR's, the FINAL (which had plenty of bugs itself) and now three subversions (within how many months... two? All these upgrades and already 3.0.0 is around the corner) is not acceptable. I'm honestly not satisfied with the testing and implentation of IPB right now.

There is NO WAY to get every bug before Final...or even a version or 2 after it. For every bug fix that occurs, a new bug may pop up from it. Every working enviroment is different and what each person does with and to their board is different. All that bug fixes do is try and fix problems some people may be having. What may affect your board significantly....may not do a thing to my board. All they are doing is trying to cater to as many people as possible so everyone has good..stable boards and are able to maximize its potential with as few of problems as possible. You DO NOT need to upgrade. Its on option. Not a necessity. VB is on 3.5.1 with bug fixes AND security fixes. And lets not forget how many versions they went through this last winter in ONE WEEK. And SOME people consider VB the most stable/secure board! (No board is 100% secure or stable. There are too many variables. It's purely hype and propaganda if they say otherwise.)

If your board is running fine....then don't worry. It's no biggie. But the next person to post may have had some of these issues that got fixed in this version, that greatly affected their board previously. Your board can run fine now...then in the next upgrade something goes wrong. Its the nature of the best. Would you appreciate it if there was a problem or bug on your forum...and IPB ignored fixing it? You may not notice the bug fixes...but others might. As well, a few new useful features for some members were included in this release.

Strange little problem with the RTE editor and attachments.

I changed the background color of rte to #000 (black) and a golden fontcolor (shame on you that this settings are again hard coded in the javascript file).

When i upload a file and hit the "add into post" button, without klicking into the rte frame first, the atachment text is black on a black background and you cant delete it.
If you click into the rte frame first and then on "add into post" the fontcolor of the attachment text is correct in golden and i can delete the attachment text.

Seems i have now to learn java too :(

For the 2.1.3 version: woohooo looks rock stable, keep up the good work

Edit: Tested it with a clean 2.1.3 install and default skin. Also not able to delete/move/overwrite the attachment text

[attachmentid=123]

when iam not klick into the frame before i add it with "add into post"

Well my forums seem to be working correctly now, I had a database curruption that has since been repaired. Only one small issue, perhaps someone here knows where I can go to edit the code in my template.

When you create a new post there are two bars above the main text box where your message goes. I'm talking about the two toolbars with Font and Size dropdown menus, and the Quote, Code, Link, etc...links.

The nice silver gradient background on mine is missing, and I can't seem to locate the code that controls placing that image in there.

Archived