IPB 2.1.3 Released

Guest IPS News

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Management

It contains the obvious ones. IPB will run with MySQL 5 (not in strict mode) but it may produce unpredictable results. We've not run it through MySQL 5 QA testing yet so we're not going to officially state that it's MySQL 5 compatible.

Glad to see IPS is releasing updates fast like this and fixing many bugs. Way to go IPS. :)

EDIT: Hehe... 5th post

But installation of all the mods taxes most of the enery with all the new versions.
There must be some time frame so that we can prepare weather the mods should be installed or not. I installed 2.1.1 and was just getting satisfied that now this is all, and there goes the 2.1.2.....And now 2.1.3?
Regards

Hello,

You have the option not to upgrade if you do not wish to reinstall the modifications. :) Realistically, there is no way for us to support modifications in terms of upgrades, except that when possible modification authors should use the ipb_member_sync.php file and the components or modules system.

A list of changed files has been provided in the event you wish to just upload those files and reapply edits (or do differences between your existing copy and the new copy to find the changes, etc.)

Anyone know of a subversion tool where you can export diff jpeg images? The skin diff export for IPB rocks .. I'm wondering if there is something out there that would work for code diffs? Seems to me that it would help out all the modders not using subversion .

You're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't! Thanks for the update IPS.

I don't understand all the 'what about my 101 mods?' posts. We get this everytime an update appears. I have a few mods installed myself but it's hardly a problem when you have the file changes list and a compare utility (WinMerge is my choice) - nice job!

rss.pngImprovements

I had the privilege of testing out the action_admin/rssimport.php and tasks/rssimport.php on my board with 25 RSS feeds, and I just want to thank Brandon for his relentless work at getting it right.

All the RSS news feeds are working great now, and after a month-long dialog with Brandon I have seen firsthand what a valuable member he is to IPS and to us licensees.

Thank you, Brandon!

Rick

Thx for the positive comments. :D I'm glad it's all sorted now. ;)

As for not updating your templates...one big cause of an upgrade "not working" is because of customized skin templates not getting updated. As a result, we added that option into the installer, and let the user determine if they wish to revert the changes or not.

It is recommended if you did NOT revert the changes during the upgrade, to run a skin differences report against each of your skins to determine which templates were updated and which templates you will need to manually update. In the end the option is yours however.

Yeah, I'm running a differences report now, but it seems to hang everytime I run it. Probably the slow server my forum is hosted on.

Edit: Got the differences report done. HMMM! The only differences were my mods. Everything else looked the same, other than two lines of code. How bizrre.

Yeah, I'm running a differences report now, but it seems to hang everytime I run it. Probably the slow server my forum is hosted on.

Edit: Got the differences report done. HMMM! The only differences were my mods. Everything else looked the same, other than two lines of code. How bizrre.

There really weren't too many skin changes in this last release. Mostly they were minor display issues that if you aren't bothered by them (or haven't noticed them) they aren't too important. :)

There really weren't too many skin changes in this last release. Mostly they were minor display issues that if you aren't bothered by them (or haven't noticed them) they aren't too important. :)

Good deal. I went ahead and made the remaining changes by hand.

Thanks for the great work.

OK I noticed with my custom skins that now the Options and Rating drop down buttons are now stacked one on top of each other instead of side by side like in 2.1.2 when viewing topics.

Was this an intentional change? And if it was can someone tell me how to change it back?

Good Work!!!

I have been a licensee for a few months now, and am very happy with the amount of support that is provided. Although, I haven't had very many questions, what I have had seems to have been either discovered on my own or answered by some member of the IPB community.

I was surprised as well to see a new version this morning. Yesterday, I accidentally deleted the entire forum's files (not the database) because I was being quick about trying to thin out some files. Well, after reinstalling all of my mods (okay, okay I don't have that many) I was shocked to see the change.

Luckily I remembered which files needed editting and where!

Keep up the good work IPB! I am glad that I purchased!

OK I noticed with my custom skins that now the Options and Rating drop down buttons are now stacked one on top of each other instead of side by side like in 2.1.2 when viewing topics.

Was this an intentional change? And if it was can someone tell me how to change it back?

Funny you mention that. We've never had Rating enabled until I just enabled if after my upgrade. I noticed them stacked and wondered why they weren't side-by-side. GMTA maybe? ;)

It can't be too difficult to change. I bet it's somewhere in the CSS.

Archived