IPB 2.1.3 Released

Guest IPS News

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question,
I'm a member of a board that uses IPB and we used to be able to use keyboard shortcuts until he upgraded to this version (2.1.3).

Shortcuts like alt+q would put in a [ quote] or
alt+b [ b]

It has since been upgraded to 2.1.4 and still no shortcut keys.

Any idea why or suggestions to get the feature back?

I paid a years license to get a secure stable release for the organization, I got 2.0.3, the rest of the year I was incompacitated, so I made a mad rush to get everything updated to 2.1.3. before the license ran out.

2.1.3 failed Safari, crashes make admin very difficult let alone users who will probably give up (where is standards compliant?); System vars never worked, this was with support upgrade; better login features with the site (not without a top heavy cms system); I have complaints from some browsers that pm doesn't work; I can't upload a pdf file; all year I was told email subscriptions system is the equivalent to spam.

License ran out, then come the security fixes, no mention for anyone stuck on 2.1.3. nor that any of my problems are resolved.

Is it now practice to put out the final security release every 13 months?

I don't see that I got a secure stable release.

Just bells and whistles (w00t) :whistle:

I paid a years license to get a secure stable release for the organization, I got 2.0.3, the rest of the year I was incompacitated, so I made a mad rush to get everything updated to 2.1.3. before the license ran out.

2.1.3 failed Safari, crashes make admin very difficult let alone users who will probably give up (where is standards compliant?); System vars never worked, this was with support upgrade; better login features with the site (not without a top heavy cms system); I have complaints from some browsers that pm doesn't work; I can't upload a pdf file; all year I was told email subscriptions system is the equivalent to spam.

License ran out, then come the security fixes, no mention for anyone stuck on 2.1.3. nor that any of my problems are resolved.

Is it now practice to put out the final security release every 13 months?

I don't see that I got a secure stable release.

Just bells and whistles (w00t) :whistle:

As for 2.1.3, the security patches are the exact same :)

As for you complaining about a security release, I interpreted as you complaining about IPB containing a security hole for software that you purchased. EVERY piece of software has bugs, holes, etc. I don't see what you're complaining about... IPS was notified, they produced a patch within 24 hours and made it readily available ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived