IPB 2.1.3 Released

Guest IPS News

It's not necessary on an upgrade, and the install package has already been updated with a fix for this issue.

If I rebuild the master templates, skin components and rebuild the skin cache will I lose all my custom edits?

It was suggested that I do this from a customer support ticket and I'm a little leary.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having a problem upgrading from 2.0.4

What I'm seeing is when it is trying to update the polls, it is going through way more than I actually have out there.

When I manually run the query
select COUNT(*) as max from topics where poll_state IN ('open', 'close', 'closed')

I get something like 500 as the return. When the upgrade script says it's converting polls, it just keeps going, I stopped it at 35 000 and rolled back.

Any idea what might be the problem?

How can you fix the PM popup notifications WITHOUT redoing the upgrade? It is unclear from the 13 pages of this thread ;)

Thanks!

There is a new zip file that they put together as a patch in the main thread if you've already ran the first upgrade.

Everything seems to be working pretty good, I didn't notice this problem until later on.

When I was trying to install a game from a tar file inside the ACP I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/XXXX/public_html/forums/sources/lib/tar.php on line 89

Seems its trying to call a lang_tar file that didn't exist before when I was running version 2.1.2 but was not in the required file upload list on the main announcement page.

I did upload that new lang_tar.php file to my lang/en/ directory but I still get this error.

Any ideas?

How can you fix the PM popup notifications WITHOUT redoing the upgrade? It is unclear from the 13 pages of this thread ;)

Thanks!

How I fixed it is.....

Download that patch zip on the other topic for the release. The one that is linked in the very first post in this thread. I uploaded the files in that zip to my forum directory, cleared the cache on my browser, and BAM! it worked. Simple as that.

I just took a look tar.php and I'm wondering why IPS keeps using old style $HTTP_SERVER_VARS in their code. PHP5 has this old style global array turned OFF by default .. this is only going to cause problems .. use $_SERVER instead ..

Also in some code I see developers globalizing $_COOKIE arrays etc .. It doesn't need to be globalized .. its a super global array already !!

There is a new zip file that they put together as a patch in the main thread if you've already ran the first upgrade.

Everything seems to be working pretty good, I didn't notice this problem until later on.

When I was trying to install a game from a tar file inside the ACP I get this error:

Seems its trying to call a lang_tar file that didn't exist before when I was running version 2.1.2 but was not in the required file upload list on the main announcement page.

I did upload that new lang_tar.php file to my lang/en/ directory but I still get this error.

Any ideas?

Please submit a support ticket for this (feel free to ask for me to look at it). As this was added in this release, I may need to go over it again in a live environment to see the issue.

Regarding the upgrade script looping up to 35,000 on the poll conversions, you should probably submit a ticket as well, if you have not yet finished the upgrade.

I just took a look tar.php and I'm wondering why IPS keeps using old style $HTTP_SERVER_VARS in their code. PHP5 has this old style global array turned OFF by default .. this is only going to cause problems .. use $_SERVER instead ..

Also in some code I see developers globalizing $_COOKIE arrays etc .. It doesn't need to be globalized .. its a super global array already !!

I'm not sure I understand what this means? :unsure:

It's unrelated to the problem you are experiencing, no need to worry about it.

If you'd like to submit a ticket with your issue, our support techs will help you out as soon as possible.

I did, I just wasn't sure how IPB would handle it since the way I found the problem was indirectly through IBProArcade.

I feel its a problem with the new code but I have been shrugged off a time or two when I've asked questions on any mod or skin relate topics, even when just asking for suggestions.

My upgrade went smoothly. I had to make the usual changes to my skins and mods but... what else is new. Good job guys, thanx for all the hard work!

Ditto! I guess I might have waited another 24/48 hours for all these other bits to be fixed first (lesson learned!) but agree that the real hard work of you guys at Invision IS really really appreciated! MANY THANKS!!! :thumbsup:

Btw, IPB IS simply THE finest forum software, and us owners are very proud to be hosting our forums using it! Damn right! :)

I did, I just wasn't sure how IPB would handle it since the way I found the problem was indirectly through IBProArcade.

I feel its a problem with the new code but I have been shrugged off a time or two when I've asked questions on any mod or skin relate topics, even when just asking for suggestions.

Well, the issue I will be looking into is the error message you are getting, not IBProArcade specifically, but why the language bit is producing an error message. I assure you, when the ticket makes it to me I'll look into it. ;)

And I think tar.php just hasn't been updated with the newer coding styles for a long time. It probably deserves an overhaul at some point marcelle.

anybody can help me with my problem? :unsure:

As the usual answer goes, please submit a support ticket for this. :)

Well, the issue I will be looking into is the error message you are getting, not IBProArcade specifically, but why the language bit is producing an error message. I assure you, when the ticket makes it to me I'll look into it. ;)

And I think tar.php just hasn't been updated with the newer coding styles for a long time. It probably deserves an overhaul at some point marcelle.

Well, the ticket has been dormant for about an hour but it does say:

Ticket Status Escalated to Development

now. :thumbsup:

• Management

??? Im kinda confused. ok this is my board, s14.invisionfree.com/LCSGarage_Forums

s14.invisionfree.com/LCSGarage_Forums/upgrade/<----So i go here? or something?

invisionfree.com is a service that hosts the 1.3 series of Invision Power Board... it is not affiliated with Invision Power Services and they are not able to upgrade to the 2.x series or beyond.

Archived