IPB 2.1.3 Released

Guest IPS News

One last question for you though...does the new 2.1.3 support multiple choice polls out of the box, I haven't found that yet, but heard a rumor it could.

It supports multiple questions... but not several choices on the same question.

Erm, it is multiple questions and multiple choices per question.
http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?showtopic=198645

best,
frame

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, of course you can arrange for a question to have multiple options, but you can't [i]check[/i] multiple options when answering a specific question. You can only pick one option per question.

Got it, yes that's right :)

best,
frame

No, it is still open in the bug tracker. As a temporary solution, go to Skin Tools and run the Rebuild All under Rebuild Skin Set Cache section and your screen shouldn't hang on redirecting when you edit the skin settings, etc.

blimey ... i reported this as a bug way back when 2.1 was released ... and was told it couldn't be repeated by ips

Further to FuSoYa's post, the 'Forum Led' by is affected by the same change, and needs to be updated. I've got this fixed on my local copy yesterday morning, but I don't think an intirm update will be made. The issue will be corrected however in the next release.

In sources/classes/class_forums.php find

$mod_string .= "<a href='{$this->ipsclass->base_url}act=Members&amp;max_results=30&amp;filter={$moderator['gid']}&amp;sort_order=asc&amp;sort_key=name&amp;st=0&amp;b=1'>{$moderator['gname']}</a>, ";

and change to

$mod_string .= "<a href='{$this->ipsclass->base_url}act=Members&amp;max_results=30&amp;filter={$moderator['gid']}&amp;sort_order=asc&amp;sort_key=members_display_name&amp;st=0&amp;b=1'>{$moderator['gname']}</a>, ";

To the user who reported losing the ability to edit a topic and *add* a poll, this has been confirmed...in 2.1 BETA 2 (at least). This issue has been in all builds of 2.1, and should be reported to the bug tracker so it can be corrected in a future release. You can edit a topic and edit a poll, but if one was not added when the topic was created, you cannot add a poll (at least after the timeframe specified in the ACP as an admin/moderator...I have to test whether users can add a poll at all based on the setting in the ACP still).

@steve777...I don't think anyone here *could* reproduce it, however I worked on a ticket on a user's site affected by the issue, so I saw the problem there (which is how I know it exists and what caused it). Recaching your templates fixes the issue, so if all of your templates are already cached, it doesn't occur, thus it is difficult to reproduce if you don't know what to look for. :)

@steve777...I don't think anyone here *could* reproduce it, however I worked on a ticket on a user's site affected by the issue, so I saw the problem there (which is how I know it exists and what caused it). Recaching your templates fixes the issue, so if all of your templates are already cached, it doesn't occur, thus it is difficult to reproduce if you don't know what to look for. :)

don't follow .. recache when ... after making changes or before ?

if before then doesn't make any difference

if after ... then can't see point as i just use 'back' button in browser and all ok (as far as am aware)

unless misreading something ?

don't follow .. recache when ... after making changes or before ?

if before then doesn't make any difference

if after ... then can't see point as i just use 'back' button in browser and all ok (as far as am aware)

unless misreading something ?

When I worked on this issue for the customer who submitted a ticket on it, I found that the cause of the redirect hanging is that it is passing a message in the url which ultimately makes the url too long and thus the browsers are not honoring it.

The message passed is the same one you see when you run the "Rebuild" under Recache Templates in Skin Tools.

What I did in that cause (which corrected the issue for the customer) was run Rebuild All under the Recache Templates in Skin Tools. Then editing the skin's settings, CSS, etc, the redirects worked properly (because it wasn't passing the long message in the URL).

As stated however, the issue remains open in the bug tracker as I will need to look into it to correct it.

i've now upgraded from 2.1.2 to 2.1.3 and i must say, i'm very happy... couple of questions though.

QUESTION 1:

One of the bug fixes:

69. [RSS] RSS Import task not logging imports

What RSS Import task exactly? The only tasks i have in my board are as follows:

- Hourly Clean Out
- Birthday and Events Cache
- Announcements Update
- Daily Stats Rebuild
- Daily Topic & Forum Digest
- Daily Clean Out
- Weekly Topic & Forum Digest
- Send Bulk Mail (Disabled)

Is the lack of an RSS task the reason why my RSS Imports never update unless i manually do it?

QUESTION 2:

I deleted my Default Skin a while back (just after the 2.1 upgrade, i think) and while this doesn't seem to have caused any problems, i did get a warning during the upgrade process... something about reverting changes.

I still have the "IPB 2.1 Default" skin, but i deleted the other one thinking that the new 2.1 Default skin would replace it, but if this is the case, why the warning?

I never want to revert any changes... in fact, the only changes i've made to the templates can be made very quickly again manually if necessary.

Should i worry about this? If so, how can i install the default skin again? I have backups of my site, right back to mid-june 2005, so i definitely have the default skin files, but if i need to install them again, where should they go, and which files am i looking for?

Thanks people! :D

Hello,

Improvements will be made to the upgrader in the future not to check for a 'Default' skin. Don't worry about the warning, just doublecheck the differences report posted in the news announcement (along with the changed file list) to compare it against your skin to see if anything needs to be updated.

Regarding question 1, yes, it would definitely be the cause. Upload from your downloaded zip copy sources/tasks/rssimport.php to the same folder on your server. Then just manually add this task in the Task Manager in the ACP. :)

First, big thanks to Brandon to managed to solve a javascript problem we have been struggling with since 2.1.!!

A user has reported problems with PocketPC ver 4.20. Is this supported by Invision?
Does it exist a list of which browsers/OS that are supported?

It contains the obvious ones. IPB will run with MySQL 5 (not in strict mode) but it may produce unpredictable results. We've not run it through MySQL 5 QA testing yet so we're not going to officially state that it's MySQL 5 compatible.

IPB certainly will not do a fresh install on mySQL 5

now is this the final..??? or will they be another final in another months time..???

I honestly hope we see a mySQL 5 update shortly.

MySQL 5 support likely can't be guaranteed until the next major release. In the mean time, Matt is working on it already. It was just released like a week or two ago...give it some time for us to get everything tested and working. :)

Regarding the Pocket PC question, so far I have noticed tickets/issues with the following:
AOL
MSN
PocketPC
WebTV

MySQL 5 support likely can't be guaranteed until the next major release. In the mean time, Matt is working on it already. It was just released like a week or two ago...give it some time for us to get everything tested and working. :)

Regarding the Pocket PC question, so far I have noticed tickets/issues with the following:

AOL

MSN

PocketPC

WebTV

And it would be nice if someone from this company would answer them too.

It's truly amazing how many complaints people have over this release. In fact, a few pages back I called one fellow, dflorin, a smartass? Well, he sends me this nice pm :lol:

yes i am a smartass. and i am terribly pissed off by people that claim that known and confirmed general bugs work on their board.

watch your tongue, kid!

Now, at 28 years old and almost 30 in 2 years!, I am very likely older then him, to which I suspect he's probably 15 or younger, so it's the other way around.

At any rate, I'm sure I'm not the only one sick of all the complaints of this upgrade when so many people botch up what I see as an easy upgrade process. As for confirmed bugs, yes they are confirmed but it looks likes some of them have been fixed by Fusoya, and the others just can't be reproduced, or are being fixed.

*Happy with 2.1.3!* :D

Hello,

Improvements will be made to the upgrader in the future not to check for a 'Default' skin. Don't worry about the warning, just doublecheck the differences report posted in the news announcement (along with the changed file list) to compare it against your skin to see if anything needs to be updated.

Regarding question 1, yes, it would definitely be the cause. Upload from your downloaded zip copy sources/tasks/rssimport.php to the same folder on your server. Then just manually add this task in the Task Manager in the ACP. :)

Thanks for the reply bfarber :D I have now added the RSS Import task which will run every 30 minutes. Should this task have been created by the upgrade routine perhaps?

As for the Default skin, i am using the "IPB 2.1 Default" skin at the moment, which was the new skin which came with 2.1. I have therefore deleted the old 2.0-and-earlier skin thinking it would not be needed.

Given that the 2.0-and-earlier skin doesn't work properly with 2.1 anyway, i guess it's simply not needed any more, right?

Also, given that i'm using the 2.1 Default skin now, will all skin updates happen without my intervention for future upgrades?

@Myr...please understand, I have not one of those browsers. I don't know a single person who has WebTV, and I'm not even sure where you can purchase the service these days. That makes it extremely difficult to test and work on the bug. ;)

I am getting a copy of both AOL and MSN just to install on my work PC in order to test the bugs. Likely the issue is with all of the javascript used, and the only resolution is going to be a javascript free skin.

But some issues like that do take a little time to work out. I don't have any of those platforms to duplicate the problems, making it hard to work on them. The tickets are still open, and they will be addressed as quickly as possible.

@fishsponge, yes, the task should have been created with the upgrade, however if it was not, then manually creating it will resolve that issue.

No, the 2.0 skin is not needed, and yes, future skin updates shouldn't be a problem. The upgrader will be changed slightly not to check for the default skin in future upgrades to allow you to revert skin changes in any skin set.

Note: if you imported a skin set, you will still have to manually update it, as it will use different skin templates (it won't inherit from the master set like the default skin does).

@Myr...please understand, I have not one of those browsers. I don't know a single person who has WebTV, and I'm not even sure where you can purchase the service these days. That makes it extremely difficult to test and work on the bug. ;)

I am getting a copy of both AOL and MSN just to install on my work PC in order to test the bugs. Likely the issue is with all of the javascript used, and the only resolution is going to be a javascript free skin.

But some issues like that do take a little time to work out. I don't have any of those platforms to duplicate the problems, making it hard to work on them. The tickets are still open, and they will be addressed as quickly as possible.

@fishsponge, yes, the task should have been created with the upgrade, however if it was not, then manually creating it will resolve that issue.

No, the 2.0 skin is not needed, and yes, future skin updates shouldn't be a problem. The upgrader will be changed slightly not to check for the default skin in future upgrades to allow you to revert skin changes in any skin set.

Note: if you imported a skin set, you will still have to manually update it, as it will use different skin templates (it won't inherit from the master set like the default skin does).

bfarber, there's WebTV (or MSNTV) Viewer for Windows/Mac
http://developer.msntv.com/Tools/WebTVVwr.asp

cheers

I can understand all that. My support ticket merely asks for a time frame. I only know of 1 user that uses WebTV... he accounts for 300 or so board members and about 25 GB a month in transfer from his site. Which means, simply, I have to accomodate his outmoded technology.

Look... WebTV worked in 2.0.4. The javascript that was there didn't cause an issue.
I've installed 2.0.4 on my test server and dumped the html template code from that version into the Post/Editor html template on 2.1. It looks like crap... but it allows posting from a regular browser. I'm waiting to hear back to see if it works on WebTV.

What I don't understand is why you guys can't try something so straightforward. You spent a lot of time telling me (publicly and in my support tickets) that you'll probably have to create a special skin. So make one and figure out graceful later.

For the record, other than this one annoying problem, I like 2.1.3 quite a bit.

Archived