IPB 2.1.3 Released

Guest IPS News

This may be off-topic a bit, but I noticed someone said there is a list of the files that have been changed. But where is this list at. I can;t seem to find it =/.

EDIT: Never mind. I found it. I was thinking it came with the zip of the update.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was changed in 2.1.3, but this thread shows how you can revert the change for those who do not wish for this legend to auto appear. Additionally, using the Full Edit, you can deselect the box if you wish.

Was it changed intentionally?
Hard to understand how anybody can see this, "feature" as as you call it, as an enhancement...
Either the Add the 'Edit by' line in this post? should be available in Quick Edit, or Unselected used as Default when the user have rights to hide the 'Edit by' text.

A couple of question on the Add the 'Edit by' line in this post? setting:

Sometimes it's on, other times it's off. I haven't found a pattern here.
Which conditions are controlling it?

If the post has already been edited by the author, the edit remark is removed if
you edit with the Add the 'Edit by' line in this post? unselected.
Is this the way it's supposed to work?
Makes it possible for the original author to see that the post has been edited by a moderator....

Reminds me of the "security hole" that allows guest to view poll results. A problem which still exists in 2.1.3..... :rolleyes:

Was it changed intentionally?

Hard to understand how anybody can see this, "feature" as as you call it, as an enhancement...

Either the [i]Add the 'Edit by' line in this post?[/i] should be available in Quick Edit, or Unselected used as Default when the user have rights to hide the 'Edit by' text.

I agree, it doesn't make sense, it was fine like it was before.

Well, my upgrade went fine... Exept one thing:

On the main ACP view... It still says:

I just want to tell you that I've deleted all my cookies, rebuilt everything that can be rebuilt, checked my database with phpMyAdmin also... Optimized all the tables in it. Even restarted my PC.

How can I fix it?

I just submitted a ticket for the same problem. Was your problem fixed?

I just submitted a ticket for the same problem.

Me too. But it happened two days after the 2.1.2-2.13upgrade.
Haven't tried to rebuild as I want IPB to see it first...

Seems like the totals are reset continuously, most users on-line now works as a realtime counter....

Seems like the totals are reset continuously, most users on-line now works as a realtime counter....

My stats suddenly reappeared. They go back to "0" if I run the Recount & Rebuild tool.

I just submitted a ticket for the same problem. Was your problem fixed?

It's a bug I think... If you use "Recound & Rebuild" tool they are back to 0
And after some tasks are runned they are back to normal...

The issue with stats resetting is somewhat isolated to a few customers it seems (up until those posting in this topic, I had only seen one report of this issue actually). We need anyone experiencing this issue to submit a ticket so we can look into it. It seems somewhat random and isolated (the last user who reported this, it only happened when his most online stats in a day updated, and then only sometimes, not every time).

As for the edited by line in quick edit:
Report 1
Report 2

There were several users who wanted this 'feature' (or change) so it was added. Now there are several who do not want this. Perhaps in a future release it will be a setting, however in the time-being there is a 'fix' to revert it back to how it was previously in the topic linked here.

The issue with stats resetting is somewhat isolated to a few customers it seems (up until those posting in this topic, I had only seen one report of this issue actually). We need anyone experiencing this issue to submit a ticket so we can look into it.

I sent a ticket yesterday. And as said, we haven't touched it as we want you to have a look first.
It's a permanent problem on our site, not random.

Click link in my sig to see it in action... :)
(Apparently the numers of members doesn't show at the forum page when it's zero. But you see it in the ACP)

Re Quick Edit and "add edit by" etc etc..

Read the following page, especially the fix by[b] bfarber[/b], but more importantly the improved fix by [b]FuSoYa[/b]

http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?...&st=0&p=1312931

A good clean solution.

Thanks for the info. I hadn't seen it. :)

There were several users who wanted this 'feature' (or change) so it was added. Now there are several who do not want this. Perhaps in a future release it will be a setting, however in the time-being there is a 'fix' to revert it back to how it was previously in the topic linked

here

Hehehe, can we be a pain in the ass or what. :D Thank you for your job and your patience. :thumbsup:

The issue with stats resetting is somewhat isolated to a few customers it seems (up until those posting in this topic, I had only seen one report of this issue actually). We need anyone experiencing this issue to submit a ticket so we can look into it. It seems somewhat random and isolated (the last user who reported this, it only happened when his most online stats in a day updated, and then only sometimes, not every time).

As for the edited by line in quick edit:

Report 1
Report 2

There were several users who wanted this 'feature' (or change) so it was added. Now there are several who do not want this. Perhaps in a future release it will be a setting, however in the time-being there is a 'fix' to revert it back to how it was previously in the topic linked

here

I think the way people wanted the quick edit, was FuSoYa's posted fix. You should really implement FuSoYa's method in the next release.

You've finaly fixed unicode bug in xmlout.php, that's really good.....
(this section)

if( strtolower($this->ipsclass->vars['gb_char_set']) != 'iso-8859-1' &&

strtolower($this->ipsclass->vars['gb_char_set']) != 'utf-8' )

{, guys

$_POST['Post'] = html_entity_decode( $_POST['Post'], ENT_NOQUOTES, $this->ipsclass->vars['gb_char_set'] );

}

But only for quick post editing.

Quick topic editing and member search in "New PM" panel still doesn't work >_>
You just have to do simular operation with save_topic() and get_member_names() functions to get them work!!

...i realy don't understand how can you release such versions.

added:
Ok, I'll submit it.
But i'm really disappointed in IPS for such bugs...

Archived