IPB 2.1.3 Released

Guest IPS News

Temp. fix for New PM popup:

jscripts/ipb_global_xmlenhanced.js

myass_content.style.width = '399px';

myass_content.style.overflow = 'auto';

Removing above lines enables popups again

Thanks! It was one of the things that guys complained about for sure! Hoping this fix works! :)

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've updated the templates.xml file, I've uploaded the missing lang_tar.php and I've fixed the new PM pop-up as well as the ajax topic edit.

I'll post a little update pack to the announcement in just a moment.

THIS i appreciate! thank you.

@talmar: do you think i over react when something that is supposed to bring an improvement brings me more trouble? i had no issue with 2.1.2, but i wanted to stay up to date.

I am so confused.

1. my buttons already arent stacked and I downloaded this 10 hours ago.
2. I never had anything to click "yes" to reverting skin change to, yet others did???
3. I went to my forum/upgrade not upgrade/upgrade.php because when i went to the latter it said "you are already using 2.0.0, there is no available upgrade"
4. It said it couldnt find my default skin and so I am responsible for changing html templates or something????????????

Thanks Matt, that has fixed the problem of no pm popup, but it hasn't sorted the rss import problems and the no option to only prune posts.

My rss feed hasn't updated since the upgrade, this is the error I get if I click update in the ACP

RSS Import(s) Re-cached

XML error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 402

There is no option to prune only in the prune/mass move screen, screenshot:

noprune.gif

Thanks Matt, that has fixed the problem of no pm popup, but it hasn't sorted the rss import problems and the no option to only prune posts.

My rss feed hasn't updated since the upgrade, this is the error I get if I click update in the ACP

There is no option to prune only in the prune/mass move screen, screenshot:

noprune.gif

for your RSS error change the character set to

ISO-8859-1

in the import edit manager

• Management

Fixed the forum options prune and updated the zip attached at the end of the announcement. Just download it again and update sources/action_public/moderate.php.

Will look into the XML error now.

PBM - got a link to the XML you're attempting to import?

If it's a char set issue, then fair enough - but it might be something else.

Fixed the forum options prune and updated the zip attached at the end of the announcement. Just download it again and update sources/action_public/moderate.php.

Will look into the XML error now.

PBM - got a link to the XML you're attempting to import?

If it's a char set issue, then fair enough - but it might be something else.

Thanks Matt, the RSS import is a BBC news one (http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_uk_edition/front_page/rss.xml) - it has fixed itself now that I have changed the character set to ISO-8859-1 from UTF-8, although it was definitely fine before the upgrade yesterday, so perhaps something may have gone wrong on the update to cause it to need to be changed?

I'll re-download the zip now, thanks again for sorting this :)

• Management

I know Brandon did a lot of work to the RSS import feature, so it's most likely that it's a little more fussy so that it gets the character conversion correct.

That BBC feed is "ISO-8859-1" encoded, so UTF-8 would have thrown errors with the character conversion, so that's what the problem is.

We'll make sure we make this very clear in any documentation we make available.

Following Matt's instructions, this is what I get when I attempt to Rebuild Master Templates:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2942 bytes) in /home/virtual/site9/fst/var/www/html/ips_kernel/class_xml.php on line 654

I've seen this error in php before, just not sure if I need to modify something in the ipb software, or in my php.ini to get around it. I'm starting to lose track of the problems I have to resolve from this update...

[EDIT: Fixed this by upping memory limit in php.ini...]

I know Brandon did a lot of work to the RSS import feature, so it's most likely that it's a little more fussy so that it gets the character conversion correct.

That BBC feed is "ISO-8859-1" encoded, so UTF-8 would have thrown errors with the character conversion, so that's what the problem is.

We'll make sure we make this very clear in any documentation we make available.

Cheers, the prune problem has now been sorted with your latest update, so thanks for that.

I now have a problem with AOL members having issues logging in, but I think I'll put a ticket in for that one!!!

Thanks Matt, the RSS import is a BBC news one (http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_uk_edition/front_page/rss.xml) - it has fixed itself now that I have changed the character set to ISO-8859-1 from UTF-8, although it was definitely fine before the upgrade yesterday, so perhaps something may have gone wrong on the update to cause it to need to be changed?

I'll re-download the zip now, thanks again for sorting this :)

Previously, the character set wasn't sent to the xml parser for proper conversion. Characters common to UTF-8 and ISO-8859-1 would have worked fine, but UTF-8 specific characters weren't getting converted because of this. This has been resolved, so you have to ensure you set the correct character set (or it will try to 'convert' the feed).

Also, note that PHP's xml parser only supports UTF-8, ISO-8859-1 and US-ASCII, so these are the only character sets you would be able to support in RSS Import feeds (a limitation in PHP outside of our control).

funny I am asked to submit a ticket in the middle of you and Matt answering other people. I dont have any problem going on on my site. i want to know why it said something about not finding a default skin and that i am "responsible for changing templates" and if going through /upgrade alone is different than upgrade/upgrade.php

For a situation where there keeps being bugs over and voer and over on each release, I think you should answer people when they ask about them. What other company is still having bugs on the fourth release?

Thanks Matt...

My only current issue is this error when trying to delete posts:

mySQL query error: DELETE FROM ibf_posts WHERE topic_id=8545

SQL error: Incorrect key file for table 'ibf_posts'; try to repair it

SQL error code: 

Date: Friday 04th of November 2005 04:23:33 AM

Any thoughts on that? I've repaired it a dozen times tonight...

• Management

If repairing the table doesn't work, then try dropping all indexes and rebuilding them.

funny I am asked to submit a ticket in the middle of you and Matt answering other people. I dont have any problem going on on my site. i want to know why it said something about not finding a default skin and that i am "responsible for changing templates" and if going through /upgrade alone is different than upgrade/upgrade.php

I asked you to submit a ticket because you had four separate questions which require some explanation that is outside the scope of this announcement discussion topic.

I am answering people that are reporting issues with the software that has been caused by issues in the software. It's vital we understand what the issue is so that we can provide a fix immediately. Your questions were about the upgrade procedure and the impact of making certain choices.
Most of your questions could be answered by reading the announcement or reading the "readme.html" file that comes with the download (with regards to using upgrade/index.php NOT upgrade/upgrade.php).

For a situation where there keeps being bugs over and voer and over on each release, I think you should answer people when they ask about them. What other company is still having bugs on the fourth release?

Apple, Microsoft, Mozilla, Opera, BareBones (BBEdit) and just about every other software company, ever. :)

Archived