IPB 2.1.3 Released

Guest IPS News

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wonder how many new bugs? of the 8 changed language files, 2 are not changed and 1 has a little screw up. there is one new bug already (stacked buttons) ...

also, lang_tar.php is not there. what else is wrong with new release?

It's already been stated the stacked buttons was an oversight. :)

@pbm...nothing was changed in this menu for 2.1.3.

In my local copy I have a "Prune/Mass Move" option available, as previously.

@Talmar, yes it is a 24 hour clock (just like the topic open/close times). No it does not display the time itself.

@America's Reject, are you talking about the difference report? A difference report will show templates that are new in the NEW section. I'm not sure what you are asking I guess. :unsure:

@dflorin...if you open and save a file, and then commit with SVN, it's going to register it as a change. If you are not seeing any differences, feel free not to upload it.

The other bit you found would be considered a (minor) bug, and should be submitted to the bug tracker. In the end, what will happen is "Registration at" will show as "New Registration at" (since it's later in the array, it will overwrite the first entry). Not a big deal, but we'll clean it up.

@CyberSEAL..this is due to your custom skin. The js variable is defined at

style_images/img_folder/folder_js_skin/ips_menu_html.js

You probably didn't upload this new folder to your custom skin folder under style_images.

i wonder how many new bugs? of the 8 changed language files, 2 are not changed and 1 has a little screw up. there is one new bug already (stacked buttons) ...

also, lang_tar.php is not there. what else is wrong with new release?

The stack buttons was a minor skin issue. Two separate fixes have been posted.

I'm looking into the lang_tar.php file. Are you getting any errors referencing the file? Probably not. Nontheless, I've just (re) added it to CVS and will ensure it gets bundled into the zip.

And the language bits are not going to hurt anything lol. I've already stated what will happen as a result. That's the hardest part about abstracting the language...making sure you don't set the same keys. In this case though, it's not big deal, as they are nearly identical anyways.

For the rating/options buttons stacking, check the topic_page_top function in Topic View to see if that table row has nowrap='nowrap'.

I had removed it fixing another bug, and someone noticed that their buttons were stacking afterwards (which I hadn't caught). My understanding was Matt had reverted this at the last minute this morning before releasing 2.1.3, but if not, just add that td argument back in. original.gif

[Edit]@ttdragster...noticed you posted an alternative fix. I'll have to check it out. Thx. grin.gif

Yeah, I just tried it the way you said, and I can't figure where you are talking to put in the nowrap='nowrap' code. I have tried inside the <tr> and inside the <td>'s and it isn't working.... Maybe I am missing something?

Is this a conspiracy by IPS to actually make me do some work ?

First a new gallery and now an IPB upgrade :(

Okay sleeves rolled up, time to do some upgrading on various sites. Thanks for the releases IPS l do actually appreciate the time and effort you guys put into the products. Though l am allowed a whinge from time to time.

Great stuff, happy camper here !!!!! :)

The only thing that stops me from upgraded from 2.0.3 is that I am waiting for one of the portal systems to upgrade their mod. I don't want to upgrade the main site until I have a nice portal to put on the front page. Sorry, the one that comes with IVB is just too limited.

bfarber used to have a portal but I guess he's working of IVP now. cricket has not been updating his portal and neither has Dean (d-scripting).

Question: What do you all use for a good portal that will work with this latest version?

Thanks

The only thing that stops me from upgraded from 2.0.3 is that I am waiting for one of the portal systems to upgrade their mod. I don't want to upgrade the main site until I have a nice portal to put on the front page. Sorry, the one that comes with IVB is just too limited.

bfarber used to have a portal but I guess he's working of IVP now. cricket has not been updating his portal and neither has Dean (d-scripting).

Question: What do you all use for a good portal that will work with this latest version?

Thanks

I use the default one but I customize it with portal plugging.

Dean is very busy with his site he is making some new mods and upgrading them but he is doing them slowly. Do you just expect him to upgrade all of his mods in 1 week? He has a life (we all do :) ) but he is just busy do other things...

Yeah, I just tried it the way you said, and I can't figure where you are talking to put in the nowrap='nowrap' code. I have tried inside the <tr> and inside the <td>'s and it isn't working.... Maybe I am missing something?

It would be for the td tag, though thinking about it if the change wasn't reverted from what I had set, you might have to remove the style='word-wrap:break-word;' as well. :)

@Talmar, so if it's a specific time you can specify this, and the day will change if the time zone causes it to be on a different date for another user. We'll probably add the time into the display in a future release, as it is available.

@Matt07...it has been noted (several times in fact lol).

Here is the lang_tar.php if you really want it. I'm just waiting for Matt so I can get it added into the main download. You probably won't have any problems without it, except in some rare cases, but as you want it now, here it is.

It is just to abstract error messages for the tar functions, but really the tar functions are only used in the ACP anyways, so it wouldn't affect your board. And there would have to be a problem to begin with for an error to be thrown anyways.

[lang_tar.php updated 5:16 PM EST] lang_tar.php

I use the default one but I customize it with portal plugging.

Dean is very busy with his site he is making some new mods and upgrading them but he is doing them slowly. Do you just expect him to upgrade all of his mods in 1 week? He has a life (we all do :) ) but he is just busy do other things...

Did not mean that as a dis on Matt or any of the portal writers. I know they are busy and I have many of Deans other great mods on my site. Was just curious if others use something else that is upgraded. Dean, Cricket and Bfarber have not updated theirs since 2.0.3 of IVB which was a few months ago.

thank you.
i found no explanation about this file's content until now, so i wanted it, to finish the language pack (translation) before upgrading.

sorry if i steped on your nerves. i am not looking to pick a fight. i just want my board in the best shape.

Did not mean that as a dis on Matt or any of the portal writers. I know they are busy and I have many of Deans other great mods on my site. Was just curious if others use something else that is upgraded. Dean, Cricket and Bfarber have not updated theirs since 2.0.3 of IVB which was a few months ago.

If Bfarber updates his portal I will install it. I think it is the best IPB portal out their.

thank you.

i found no explanation about this file's content until now, so i wanted it, to finish the language pack (translation) before upgrading.

sorry if i steped on your nerves. i am not looking to pick a fight. i just want my board in the best shape.

Oh, no, it's not a problem. The file should be included with the package. It seems it didn't get added to subversion, even though I had it available. It is definitely there NOW, and the package will be rebuilt. I was just expressing the file likely isn't *needed* by most at this time. :)

Archived