IPB 2.1.3 Released

Guest IPS News

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there,

I'm pretty new in this. I have 2 questions, please help!

* I'm using 2.1.2 right now, what should I do to upgrade to 2.1.3 ?
* In Customer Area, I can't download version 2.1.3 cuz always an error there!

Thanx a bunch!

Hi there,

I'm pretty new in this. I have 2 questions, please help!

* In Customer Area, I can't download version 2.1.3 cuz always an error there!

Thanx a bunch!

If you refer to the very first post in this entire thread, there is a link there that has the directions for upgrading, you just have to read it.

As far as not being able to download, I am not sure, I was able to download just fine, and it contained ALL of the files, even some that others are claiming to be missing.

Brandon, can you clear up a point please .... if l press yes all the way through the upgrade, is it going to revert all the template changes in all the skins, or upgrade them?

It seems as though you're saying they will be reverted, which is terrible news!

As to the 'Install' directory issue, l don't get an install folder either, and it says at the Client Centre that the download to each customer is dynamically generated, which would mean the download was tailored to each customer, l have had to ask for the install folder before.

:)

I only have two minor modifications so I don't see that being a problem but my skins are highly modified, will this upgrade mess with that?

I only have two minor modifications so I don't see that being a problem but my skins are highly modified, will this upgrade mess with that?

Nevermind, from what I've read it seems yes would be the answer.

Hello, I have upgraded from 2.1.2 to 2.1.3 just now. As usual I did the recount and rebuild in ACP. This time nightmare came, the register, post account, the lastest users, the most online are reset!!!! I promiss I set No to Reset 'Most online' statistic?

Can you help me? Why? is it a bug of IPB? Now How can I resulve it?

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!

I had this error on IPB 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 and it wasn't fixed. I changed hosts about 2 weeks ago, and since then it's been working perfectly. Who are you hosted by? Because that's probably your problem :)

@CyberSEAL..this is due to your custom skin. The js variable is defined at

style_images/img_folder/folder_js_skin/ips_menu_html.js

Thanks very much B, I knew it was something like that, issue resolved. However, my mysqld logfile is filling up with this:

051103 21:57:24 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Can't open file: 'ibf_posts.MYI' (errno: 145)

051103 21:58:04 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Can't open file: 'ibf_posts.MYI' (errno: 145)

051103 21:58:49 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Can't open file: 'ibf_posts.MYI' (errno: 145)

051103 22:02:21 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Can't open file: 'ibf_posts.MYI' (errno: 145)

051103 22:02:26 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Can't open file: 'ibf_posts.MYI' (errno: 145)

051103 22:02:53 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Can't open file: 'ibf_posts.MYI' (errno: 145)

051103 22:03:28 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Can't open file: 'ibf_posts.MYI' (errno: 145)

051103 22:03:33 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Can't open file: 'ibf_posts.MYI' (errno: 145)

051103 22:03:41 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Can't open file: 'ibf_posts.MYI' (errno: 145)

Uggh...any ideas on why it's doing that?

complaining: after log in, my assistant no longer pops up with the new personal messages. i want it back! already members are bugging me about it.
question: from the modifications to a skin bit i understand that there should be an option to select if you want those 2 checkboxes selected by default in post screen (add to sent items and add to message tracker). is this correct? 'coz if it is, it is not working.

answers:

If this is intentional and by design WAY COOL IPB, if this is indeed a bug...ut oh...

Please Confirm, THANKS!

Double posting with Fast Reply makes it a single post. Which is... Not so bad even if it is a bug ;)

it is a feature, may be enabled/disabled from acp. prevents the board from beeing spamed.

can you/anyone share the 'path' in ACP or where to fix that and what width is best. Cheers! (idiot here! :D )

edit your skin(s) html templates. find in Post Screen a bit named smilie_table. it is a short one. find and remove width:148px.

Thanx a bunch!

wait for another release. this one is already creating more problems than solving ones. after i lost half the night "upgrading" (to new problems it seems) i woke up only to find complaints from members about stuff that does not work anymore. and the day is young....

Obviously there is no box to select/unselect it. Too many users wanted it to show when they did a quick edit so it was added. A 'majority wins' kind of deal. Feel free to use Full Edit, or disable the option for your user group (it is only added if your usergroup should have the option).

well, i dont get it. my user group has the option to opt out "edited by...". i do not want it to show when i do quick edits. yet it is there. how do i get rid of it?

I had this error on IPB 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 and it wasn't fixed. I changed hosts about 2 weeks ago, and since then it's been working perfectly. Who are you hosted by? Because that's probably your problem :)

Thanks. I installed IPB on my own server, I got this problem after I upgraded to 2.1.3, before 2.1.2, no such problem. so I don't know how to solve it. :huh:

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I got to page 6 and was starting to fall asleep :blink:

My upgrade went without any problem and my few mods even seem to be in tact. I skipped the 'skin revert' thing opting to do it manually. I do not have any custom skins installed. Beside a few different graphics I'm using the default skin. Some of my mods have required changes to the HTML template.

Now, could someone explain it to me as if I was a five year old? If I press revert on my HTML templates I will lose my additions and tweaks. Do I have to do this stage? What is it for? What are the pros and cons of doing/skipping it? What would happen if I didn't do it?

Like I said, everything seems to be working correctly and it would be a royal pain to have to repeat all the template edits I have made.

Hi
I reported a bug whereby on a MODERATED forum the subscribers were not receiving email when the forum received a new post. I was told this had been escalated and would be repaired in a new release. I cant see any mention of this in this release.

Has it been fixed?

Thanks

As far as not being able to download, I am not sure, I was able to download just fine, and it contained ALL of the files, even some that others are claiming to be missing.

I've just downloaded it again... A minute ago... The missing lang file is still not there. I was wondering... Is it so hard to add a file? Well it should be fixed as soon as possible. IPS talks about new file and it is still out of the archive :(

I wouldn't upgrade to 2.1.3 if I was using 2.1.1. or 2.1.2. Instead of solving problems, there are bunch of new problems:

* New PM popup doesn't work.
* there's a quick edit problem with ISO 8859-9 character set. See this link:
http://blog.pclabs.gen.tr/wp-content/images/ozkan/error.gif
* Rating tab is sitting on the option tab so the design becomes ugly. But this can be fixed.

etc..

I didn't like this version, if there's a way to downgrade to 2.1.2, please let me know!

Wow... Too many bugs!
And there are two - very important I think:
1. Moderator's topic title edit function - If you click and hold above the topic title, there is nothing but one "s" after the editting is finished. No matter what you are typing there.
2. My Assistant window is not showing up. No matter if there are any new PMs or not. I can't use it even if I click on the "My Assistant" link /Firefox 1.0.7 - Win XP and Slackware 10.2/...
:(

So, a downgrade is the better choice I think.

Archived