IPB 2.1.3 Released

Guest IPS News

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made the update this morning and now when a member receives a new PM there's no popup anymore (well it's a layer now) to notify he got new PM... :(

Is it just me and I made something wrong ?

I asked and it's all my members having the problem (so cross browser).

I'm using default skin.

An emotional first: Laughing and crying.

All the fixes discussed in this topic have been committed to SVN and the main download.

Meaning that since I re-download the package I don't need to apply the patches mentioned earlier in the thread correct?

Also, the readme says do not copy "config_global.php". I don't see that file in my download.

I do see config_global.php.dist, is this the file I do not need to copy?

• Management

After a fresh install when you click over a A Test Forum it shows this error:

Incorrect use of one of the board files

Terrific, I run the upgrade, it gets to this point:

and I get an internal server error.

Now what?

For any issues we suggest using our technical support resources. :)

Download ./sources/action_public/forums.php

Uncomment line 524:

//$topicfilter = $this->ipsclass->input['topicfilter'] ? $this->ipsclass->input['topicfilter'] : 'all';

$topicfilter = $this->ipsclass->input['topicfilter'] ? $this->ipsclass->input['topicfilter'] : 'all';

Save the file and re-upload. :)

Uncomment line [b]524[/b]:

//$topicfilter = $this->ipsclass->input['topicfilter'] ? $this->ipsclass->input['topicfilter'] : 'all';

$topicfilter = $this->ipsclass->input['topicfilter'] ? $this->ipsclass->input['topicfilter'] : 'all';

Now works.

You're the man Phil.

Thanks.

I applied the 2.1.3 upgrades last night and the fixes this morning. Everything seems to be working. However in the APC>Look & Feel>Skin Tools area I have this:

Rebuild Master Skin Components

Running this tool will rebuild your master HTML wrapper and CSS.

After running, you may wish to rebuild your skin set caches to update them with the changes.

install/installfiles/components.php last updated: 20-October 05

[color="#FF0000"]Please check install/installfiles/components.php - 'ipsclass.php' is more than a week newer.[/color]

Do I have a problem I need to fix?

Just re upload the /installfiles/components.php and everything will work great :)

Yes, this fixed mine as well.

Even though my upgrade appeared to blow up, so far everything looks good.

My skin (customized) is still working fine like it is.

Now since it didn't detect the "default skin" and didn't revert anything, is this where I need to manually revert all the portions of the skin and reapply my edits?

I'm a little confused... :unsure:

Yes, this fixed mine as well.

Even though my upgrade appeared to blow up, so far everything looks good.

My skin (customized) is still working fine like it is.

Now since it didn't detect the "default skin" and didn't revert anything, is this where I need to manually revert all the portions of the skin and reapply my edits?

I'm a little confused... :unsure:

Just run a skin differences report on your skin(s) and then compare the differences to determine if you need to make any updates or not.:)

Just run a skin differences report on your skin(s) and then compare the differences to determine if you need to make any updates or not.:)

The only differences I see show up are the same ones that showed up before. The edits that I made myself.

I'm still confused a bit I guess, weren't there supposed to be some differences from the upgrade itself and if so does this mean my upgrade didn't fully complete?

The template differences were minor, very minor. If you are not seeing any differences when you run the differences report, it is quite possible that the only ones updated were template bits you didn't customize, and thus they inherited the changes from the master template set.

If your upgraded failed at the point where the templates were imported, you would have seen an error (likely about max_execution_time).

The template differences were minor, very minor. If you are not seeing any differences when you run the differences report, it is quite possible that the only ones updated were template bits you didn't customize, and thus they inherited the changes from the master template set.

If your upgraded failed at the point where the templates were imported, you would have seen an error (likely about max_execution_time).

Well, I suppose thats possible.

I'm not going to complain because the edits I had to make were VERY minor.

For those of you worried about this upgrade, I wouldn't be.

Mine went very smooth, I had to make two file edits for IBProArcade and none for the FURL (SEO friendly URL) mod.

I didn't have to make any changes to my skins.

Thanks a lot of the hard work guys and gals, I believe my forum appears to be running faster than before with 2.1.2 even. :thumbsup:

Uncomment line [b]524[/b]:

What problem is this fixing?

Should all of us do it?

Archived