• Last Reply

And after seven days the phone rings :D

-

https://www.invisionpower.com

-> Customers -> Your Purchases -> [Select License]

Scroll down, BIG black letters: Click here to request an upgrade

best,

frame

I went to my Client Area, clicked on Customers, clicked on Purchases, and saw a page with my hosting accounts, one of which is my board, scienceweather.invisionzone.com. There is an orange word, Options, but no place on that page does it say, Click here to request an upgrade.

This is getting kind of frustrating......

How could I have equally botched 3 upgrades on three separate forums and all have identical problems?

Why do I see same/similar problems on other 2.1.3 forums? I dunno... really I don't. I'm honestly very happy for guys who are reporting no problems, and I wish I were one of you. :(

your download or upload may be botched.

here's what i would do.

First, delete the copy you have. go back into the client area and re-download.
next, use a different unzipper. if you use winzip, try winrar this time. unpackers have caused problems before (not necessarily with ipb)
re-upload, but first, check that your FTP client is configured properly. add the php, inc, js, txt, html, xml, and so forth to make sure they will upload in ascii format. uploaded these files in binary mode can cause issues and create illegal characters that look like [] in the file on CRLF's

since you already ran the upgrader, don't run it again. it seems that your sql database is ok anyway.

go into your acp, and re-cache the templates.

if you're still having problems, post your php version, mysql version, apache version, and what browser you are using to view your site with (help-> about)

i had 1 minor issue with my upgrade process, and it turned out that one of my language files wasn't uploaded correctly. i simply re-uploaded it, and re-cached my templates, and all is well.
what caused it? the ftp client. since i had altered the file AFTER the zip package files were dated, my ftp client didn't upload the new file (as the destination was newer than the file being uploaded).

you might even want to try to delete EVERYTHING except your uploads directory, config file, the upgrade folders, and anything else that won't come with the default ipb package....

Honestly I'm suprised so many people are complaining.

Outside of a couple of small issues (with unsupported modifications) the new version works great.

IMO IPB support has gone above and beyond the call of duty to support my issues even when they had to do with integration of unsupported software.

All I can say is no software is perfect, well other than UNIX perhaps but look how many updates and fixes have been applied to your OS since it was released.

Seriously, give these folks a break.

I went to my Client Area, clicked on Customers, clicked on Purchases, and saw a page with my hosting accounts, one of which is my board, scienceweather.invisionzone.com. There is an orange word, Options, but no place on that page does it say, [b]Click here to request an upgrade[/b].

This is getting kind of frustrating......

You need to enter your board url!! please double check if you did complete the purchase process.
Without the board url you miss LOTS of features.

best,
frame

Hello,

tar.php is not actually called upon by any IPB files that I can find. Correct me if you do find a file that is calling tar.php which is included with IPB.

In terms of the arcade mod (the major one I'm sure people are having problems with), let the modification author know they will now need to pass ipsclass to tar.php when they require it and instantiate the object. I cannot really assist much further than that, as it is a third party modification which we do not officially support. The modification author, however, will likely know what needs to be done if this information is provided to them.

If you are getting errors with a function within IPB itself let me know so I can investigate.

well they fixed it by transforming this line

$this->ipsclass->load_language('lang_tar');

into this line

$this->ipsclass->load_language['lang_tar'];

in a board supplied file, not one of their own.

... Member groups not showing lists of members, in acp ...

So many errors, so little time. I'll try to confirm them all as I get time but I just tried this one and it failed for me too.

I went to the ACP -> Management -> Users and Groups -> Manage User Groups
When I mouseover a group title the link is correct - (my domain removed)

index.php?act=Members&max_results=30&filter=7&sort_order=asc&sort_key=name&st=0

but when I click I get the "Incorrect use of one of the board files" error.

Member groups not showing lists of members, in acp or 'forum led by'

I have this problem and posted it in the bugtracker. Now marked as 'Confirmed - General'
http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?...26&bug_cat_id=1

member groups DO show lists of members etcetera.

Oh no you applied the same upgrade - you just probably botched up the upgrade so bad that now you screwed up half your board.

Don't judge to fast. He's not the only one with the grouplist not showing.

So many errors, so little time. I'll try to confirm them all as I get time but I just tried this one and it failed for me too.

I went to the ACP -> Management -> Users and Groups -> Manage User Groups

When I mouseover a group title the link is correct - (my domain removed)

but when I click I get the "Incorrect use of one of the board files" error.

i confirm it too. except when hoovering the mouse it only says "list users".

i want some of those guys claiming that everything is perfect on their board to let us see that. at least what can be publicaly seen.

If it's a newly found and confirmed bug that's fine. But being a smartass like this

i want some of those guys claiming that everything is perfect on their board to let us see that. at least what can be publicaly seen.

Doesn't help at all. Like Charles said, most of the time it's people not uploading all the proper files or uploading even in the wrong file transfer mode via FTP for example.

well they fixed it by transforming this line

$this->ipsclass->load_language('lang_tar');

into this line

$this->ipsclass->load_language['lang_tar'];

in a board supplied file, not one of their own.

This is not a valid fix. :blink: I have no idea what would make them think it is.

the ipsclass object (primarily) is composed of the functions in ipsclass.php, along with data stored in arrays (like ipsclass->member), etc.

load_language is a function in ipsclass.php. When you call a function, you use parenthesis, and pass it any needed arguments (in this case the filename):

function load_language( $file="" )

The 'fix' they gave may not produce an error message, or something similar, however it is completely invalid. If it works for you, go for it, but just wanted to make sure that was clear.

As for the reported problems, I do urge you to submit a ticket. You can explain the problems in depth, but as the majority of them are not extremely common, it would be best if we could get access to your board to actually troubleshoot them and determine the cause (and fix) rather than discussing them here. And fyi, the reason you get a popup asking you to enter your text is most likely because you have "Guided Mode" turned on. :) It causes you to be prompted for your input when clicking on the bbcode buttons. Just a hunch without actually seeing your board in action.

The bug you reported has been Confirmed, yes. The memberlist was updated as it was still sorting by name rather than members_display_name (however it was displaying the name, causing some confusion when display names were enabled and used). This will need to be updated in the ACP. If you absolutely need to see the members in the group you can search them in the memberlist, or you can change the sort_key=name to sort_key=members_display_name in the url. I apologize for this minor oversight and assure you this issue will be corrected in the next release.

Hey guys, a quick question.... Let me know if anyone else can duplicate this

Using IE6 only

A member adds 3 or so pictures by uploading them. He first adds text and then uploads 3 pictures.

Now he does not add the pictures into the post, he just uploads them.

I go in to edit because the pictures are shown side by side instead of underneath each other.
So I click to add into post and by the second or so picture all the text disappears because all the text (including the previous pictures) was selected and then overwritten with the new picture I added into the post.

I know this was not the case before the upgrade.

I am just trying to find out if this is just on my board or in 2.1.3 in general.

I know I could have been more descriptive but does anyone understand what I mean?

Does anyone know if the redirect bug that happens (or doesn't happen) when you edit a skin's settings in the ACP using IE was supposed to be fixed in 2.1.3? I just tried to do so and it hung on me. :(

No, it is still open in the bug tracker. As a temporary solution, go to Skin Tools and run the Rebuild All under Rebuild Skin Set Cache section and your screen shouldn't hang on redirecting when you edit the skin settings, etc.

Hey guys, a quick question.... Let me know if anyone else can duplicate this

Using IE6 only

A member adds 3 or so pictures by uploading them. He first adds text and then uploads 3 pictures.

Now he does not add the pictures into the post, he just uploads them.

I go in to edit because the pictures are shown side by side instead of underneath each other.

So I click to add into post and by the second or so picture all the text disappears because all the text (including the previous pictures) was selected and then overwritten with the new picture I added into the post.

I know this was not the case before the upgrade.

I am just trying to find out if this is just on my board or in 2.1.3 in general.

I know I could have been more descriptive but does anyone understand what I mean?

After you add the first picture in, the text is selected yes. So if you add in the second picture without unselecting the text, it would overwrite it (like selecting text and typing on the keyboard or pasting content into the textarea).

This is not a valid fix. :blink: I have no idea what would make them think it is.

The 'fix' they gave may not produce an error message, or something similar, however it is completely invalid. If it works for you, go for it, but just wanted to make sure that was clear.

And fyi, the reason you get a popup asking you to enter your text is [i]most[/i] likely because you have "Guided Mode" turned on. :) It causes you to be prompted for your input when clicking on the bbcode buttons. Just a hunch without actually seeing your board in action.

i am familiar with classes and objects :)
that "fix" works. at this moment i really do not care why. it does not produce an error message AND, most importantly, it does the job (installing what it is supposed to install).

as for the popup asking to input text ... (w00t) ... fyi: it was not me. i do not know what that is about. o:) probably an honest typing mistake from you.

And fyi, the reason you get a popup asking you to enter your text is [i]most[/i] likely because you have "Guided Mode" turned on. :) It causes you to be prompted for your input when clicking on the bbcode buttons. Just a hunch without actually seeing your board in action.

Thanks for this one. Some one was reporting to us the same issue and couldn't replicate. Will check their ACP settings for that :thumbsup:

The bug you reported has been Confirmed, yes. The memberlist was updated as it was still sorting by name rather than members_display_name (however it was displaying the name, causing some confusion when display names were enabled and used). This will need to be updated in the ACP. If you absolutely need to see the members in the group you can search them in the memberlist, or you can change the sort_key=name to sort_key=members_display_name in the url. I apologize for this minor oversight and assure you this issue will be corrected in the next release.

bfarber, my respect for you is starting to grow and I know you are new to the staff, but your mods are well known. Isn't there a way for you to release an intrim fix?

BTW yea there's a lot of whinning and 'Barneys Girlfriend'ing, but most of us are pretty patient and thankful to see IPB moving forward. I am working on launching a new board, but was smart enough to leave my 2.0.4 ALONE and just work with the new 2.1.x version and all the mods that seem to be flying off the shelf. I am currently on my 17th mod in 8days for my new board and test EVERYTHING as throughly as possible before moving on. If I find something I report it to the author.

One last question for you though...does the new 2.1.3 support multiple choice polls out of the box, I haven't found that yet, but heard a rumor it could.

Again, thanks for your hard work!

bfarber, my respect for you is starting to grow and I know you are new to the staff, but your mods are well known. Isn't there a way for you to release an intrim fix?

Here's the fix for this issue. Open skin_acp/IPB2_Standard/acp_skin_html/cp_skin_groups.php. Find:

<a href='{$this->ipsclass->vars['board_url']}/index.{$this->ipsclass->vars['php_ext']}?act=Members&max_results=30&filter={$r['g_id']}&sort_order=asc&sort_key=name&st=0' target='_blank' title='List Users'>{$r['_title']}</a>

Change to:

<a href='{$this->ipsclass->vars['board_url']}/index.{$this->ipsclass->vars['php_ext']}?act=Members&max_results=30&filter={$r['g_id']}&sort_order=asc&sort_key=members_display_name&st=0' target='_blank' title='List Users'>{$r['_title']}</a>

Save and upload. ;)

Archived