I goto skin Tools and then Rebuild Master Templates
and i see no result and no change on the ipb_template file after this action
Any help ..!

loginauth

• convert
    • auth.php
    • auth.php.bak
    • conf.php

So what is auth.php.bak used for? And lang_subscriptions.php seems messed up.... I ask because a friend of mine sent me language files so I can update my language pack. My license has run out... :(

' date='Nov 6 2005, 07:35 PM' post='1313569'] You've finaly fixed unicode bug in [b]xmlout.php[/b], that's really good.....

(this section)

strtolower($this->ipsclass->vars['gb_char_set']) != 'utf-8' ) {, guys $_POST['Post'] = html_entity_decode( $_POST['Post'], ENT_NOQUOTES, $this->ipsclass->vars['gb_char_set'] ); }

if( strtolower($this->ipsclass->vars['gb_char_set']) != 'iso-8859-1' &&

But only for quick post editing.

Quick topic editing and member search in "New PM" panel still doesn't work >_>
You just have to do simular operation with save_topic() and get_member_names() functions to get them work!!

...i realy don't understand how can you release such versions.

added:
Ok, I'll submit it.
But i'm really disappointed in IPS for such bugs...

Alternate charcter support, as well as AJAX style editing were BOTH added in 2.1.x. Due to the large differences that are bound to occur in these setups (i.e. with AJAX topic title editing it converts the characters) it is going to take a little time to ensure it works 100% properly 100% of the time in 100% of the setups available. We are working hard at ensuring all of these features work properly for everyone, as evidenced by the update you just pointed out. I apologize if you are having trouble with your setup, but I do urge you to submit to the bug tracker so we can look into it.

I just wanna know something

1 - How Could I Build new ipb_template.xml file by the ACP

I goto skin Tools and then Rebuild Master Templates

and i see no result and no change on the ipb_template file after this action

Any help ..!

Running that tool rebuilds your templates in the ACP from the existing ipb_templates.xml (in other words, if you had changes, you just wiped them out unfortunately). In order to build a new file you have to set your init.php IN_DEV to 1, then build a cacheid_1 folder under skin_cache (manually), and then there will be an option to export the template file. Unfortunately however, this is beyond the scope of our support, as it is not a feature intended to be widely used by users, but rather a feature used for development purposes. If you post your questions in the customer assistance forums you are likely to receive more help there utilizing this ability.

loginauth

• convert
    • auth.php
    • auth.php.bak
    • conf.php

[/list]So what is auth.php.bak used for? And lang_subscriptions.php seems messed up.... I ask because a friend of mine sent me language files so I can update my language pack. My license has run out... :(

This was probably just one that was renamed to .bak when Stewart was working on the file (so the changes made in auth.php could be reverted). It's a pretty common practice actually, usually any .bak files just get deleted however as they wouldn't be needed. I'm not sure what problems you are having with lang_subscriptions.php. I took a quick glance at the file and it seems fine, and we haven't received any tickets noting any problems with this file to date.

It's not that lang_subscriptions.php is messed up.

It's just that it has changed for this version... it used to be:

<?php

$lang = array (

'no_expire' => "text...",

'msg_reg_title' => "text...",

);

?>

Now it is:

<?php

$lang['no_expire']  = "text...";

$lang['msg_reg_title']  = "text...";

?>

So the way it is set up has changed...

Running that tool rebuilds your templates in the ACP from the existing ipb_templates.xml (in other words, if you had changes, you just wiped them out unfortunately). In order to build a new file you have to set your init.php IN_DEV to 1, then build a cacheid_1 folder under skin_cache (manually), and then there will be an option to export the template file. Unfortunately however, this is beyond the scope of our support, as it is not a feature intended to be widely used by users, but rather a feature used for development purposes. If you post your questions in the customer assistance forums you are likely to receive more help there utilizing this ability.

Thx and iwill

Array Format in Language Files:

It may have, though both methods are completely valid. :)

bfarber, aye both formats work from php side, the first one is the style you get when you do a fresh update or install, 2nd style is generated by ACP when you make changes to a language.

It would be a great help if their format would be compatible, in order to let us use diff tools.

If you do just one tiny change and compare the files, diff tools report that the whole file is different, it's very hard to pinpoint changes.
Translations occur to me as a vital component of the board (since their internal english strings are also used there) which should be uptodate regarding the code behind it, but also not mean easy upgrade possibility for translators.

From the past updates I did the language files and manual skin checks consume the most time.
I'm happy with every update you guys release, however those two points could get some dev-love regarding ease of upgradabilty.

best,
frame

edit: typos, etc.

Hello,

tar.php is not actually called upon by any IPB files that I can find. Correct me if you do find a file that is calling tar.php which is included with IPB.

In terms of the arcade mod (the major one I'm sure people are having problems with), let the modification author know they will now need to pass ipsclass to tar.php when they require it and instantiate the object. I cannot really assist much further than that, as it is a third party modification which we do not officially support. The modification author, however, will likely know what needs to be done if this information is provided to them.

If you are getting errors with a function within IPB itself let me know so I can investigate.

It's not that lang_subscriptions.php is messed up.

It's just that it has changed for this version... it used to be:

<?php

$lang = array (

'no_expire' => "text...",

'msg_reg_title' => "text...",

);

?>

Now it is:

<?php

$lang['no_expire']  = "text...";

$lang['msg_reg_title']  = "text...";

?>

So the way it is set up has changed...

Yes, this is how the language files look after they get exported!

All the comments get lost this way though, making it harder to do upgrades for different languages. So I would suggest reverting this file to the former form. There is only one extra entry in this file, so it shouldn't be to hard to fix...

OK guys, I'm gonna blow off here. I expect your tech support guys since 2,1,3 have been really busy... because this upgrade is simply AWFUL!!!!!! If I could revert my 3 forums back to 2.1.2 I would in a heartbeat... if anyone can tell me how, please do! Member groups not showing lists of members, in acp or 'forum led by', the text editors have simply been screwed up - please don't say 'I have no trouble' because I have discovered so many problems with formatting text, applying code, in both standard and RTE, it is just so unbelieveable - I think that I must have applied a different upgrade to everyone else. There are other problems with guys not seeing post boxes, smilies doing crazy stuff and the scrolling smilies boxes which were just awful and which everyone hated (and I fixed) and just so much niggly stuff which is so spoiling my enjoyment of the software since 2.1.3. Frankly, I really hate it! There are a lot of complacent comments about like 'I don't think 2.1.4 will be out if ever because 2.1.3 is pretty well bug free...', but from perosnal empiricle experience it is NOT! It is shocking! Where on earth was the 'quality audit' for this release? Who did it? One thing seems to have been fixed, and another crops up.

There, I am feeling better. Nothing will change for a while, you guys will say 'submit a ticket' when these are ubiquitous problems and I see them on other upgraded forums too. If you are happy fine... but I so regret applying this upgrade. I have never had so many complaints, or felt the need to complain. Pat yourselves on the back, do. But you need to get back to real basics... look at the real things members do with the forum every day and fix those issues.

:(

PS I'll just give you an example of trying to format asimple para of tect with italics (this works for bold, code etc etc... simply rubbish.. How can I expect yer average member to fathom this rubbish?:

cheesed_off.jpg

OK guys, I'm gonna blow off here. I expect your tech support guys since 2,1,3 have been really busy... because this upgrade is simply AWFUL!!!!!!

Funny - other then the minor stacked buttons in topic view which was fixed 5 hours after it was found I have found this upgrade to be excellent!

If I could revert my 3 forums back to 2.1.2 I would in a heartbeat... if anyone can tell me how, please do!

If you kept database and file backups of those forums then you can restore the old files and your last database backup. If not, then you can't go back.

Member groups not showing lists of members, in acp or 'forum led by', the text editors have simply been screwed up - please don't say 'I have no trouble' because I have discovered so many problems with formatting text, applying code, in both standard and RTE,

Your install must REALLY be messed up for all of this not to work. My text editors (both standard and RTE) work fine on my forums, and that includes formatting text, applying code, member groups DO show lists of members etcetera.

it is just so unbelieveable - I think that I must have applied a different upgrade to everyone else. There are other problems with guys not seeing post boxes, smilies doing crazy stuff and the scrolling smilies boxes which were just awful and which everyone hated (and I fixed) and just so much niggly stuff which is so spoiling my enjoyment of the software since 2.1.3.

Oh no you applied the same upgrade - you just probably botched up the upgrade so bad that now you screwed up half your board.

Frankly, I really hate it! There are a lot of complacent comments about like 'I don't think 2.1.4 will be out if ever because 2.1.3 is pretty well bug free...', but from perosnal empiricle experience it is NOT! It is shocking! Where on earth was the 'quality audit' for this release? Who did it? One thing seems to have been fixed, and another crops up.

The quality control was just fine IMHO with this release. And you shouldn't complain, as other forum software packages like phpbb and Vbulletin go through just as many if not MORE incremental releases then Invision.

There, I am feeling better. Nothing will change for a while, you guys will say 'submit a ticket' when these are ubiquitous problems and I see them on other upgraded forums too.

You see the exact same problems on other forums? You sure as hell won't on mine. Your just stressing out because you have a botched install of 2.1.3.

If you are happy fine... but I so regret applying this upgrade. I have never had so many complaints, or felt the need to complain. Pat yourselves on the back, do. But you need to get back to real basics... look at the real things members do with the forum every day and fix those issues.

:(

From all the problems you described, I'd honestly say submit a ticket and wait a couple days, but from the sounds of it you really screwed things up somehow.

PS I'll just give you an example of trying to format asimple para of tect with italics (this works for bold, code etc etc... simply rubbish.. How can I expect yer average member to fathom this rubbish?:

cheesed_off.jpg

Funny - I just tried using italics on my forum in a test post in both Firefox 1.07 and Internet Explorer 6 and that prompt did NOT come up. If your editor is working properly this should be the result for italics.

Notice how my editor put the proper "I" tags in to make italic text? All I did was highlight (select) the text and hit the I button on my editor and it worked like a charm.

Click on the thumbnail below to see the full image

italics-ipb-s.jpg

• Management

Quark may have said it in so many words but please understand that some upgrade issues are not always related to problems with the release itself. We have had customers with major problems on their board become quite angry only to find out the JavaScript file or some other updated file was not uploaded along with the upgrade. It is very easy for you, our staff, or anyone else to overlook something :) ... we ask that people submit tickets so we can see if it's just an oversight, an isolated incident, or an actual problem with the software.

Quark may have said it in so many words but please understand that some upgrade issues are not always related to problems with the release itself. We have had customers with major problems on their board become quite angry only to find out the JavaScript file or some other updated file was not uploaded along with the upgrade. It is very easy for you, our staff, or anyone else to overlook something :) ... we ask that people submit tickets so we can see if it's just an oversight, an isolated incident, or an actual problem with the software.

How about an MD5 across all files and report in ACP / Admin Tools if there are differences?
Would pinpoint missing/old files if you click on 'compare integrity' (or so ;)

Everyone who runs mods can ofcourse ignore these warnings.

best,
frame

• Management

How about an MD5 across all files and report in ACP / Admin Tools if there are differences?

Would pinpoint missing/old files if you click on 'compare integrity' (or so ;)

Everyone who runs mods can ofcourse ignore these warnings.

best,

frame

An internal version reporting and sort of "self-check" is actually on the white board in the development center :)

You see the exact same problems on other forums? You sure as hell won't on mine. Your just stressing out because you have a botched install of 2.1.3.

How could I have equally botched 3 upgrades on three separate forums and all have identical problems?
Why do I see same/similar problems on other 2.1.3 forums? I dunno... really I don't. I'm honestly very happy for guys who are reporting no problems, and I wish I were one of you. :(

Archived