IPB 2.1.3 Released

Guest IPS News

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with downgrading for me is that it's now nearly 24 hours since the upgrade, I have a ticket raised with IPS so I hope they sort it. I will be pretty unhappy if I end up having to roll back 24 hours or so to downgrade again.

Am really disappointed with this, it's like a re-run of the gallery cock up - what happened to all the qc that was supposed to be happening??

On the plus side, just to even things up, IPS (keith) was quick to at least respond to my ticket last night, although no solution has been found as yet...

The maintitle bit is stretching even if the title length is of a few characters..this was not an issue in 2.1.2 where it would stretch only when the length exceeded the width of the maintitle for topic display..this happens even for the default IPB skin..I think it would be better to reposition these special fileds..this will improve the look of the pages..it looks awkward at the moment..not that we can skin and place it by on a saparate maintitile...but something done *by default* will improve the cosmetic look. Kindly check into this.

i am not serious about downgrading.
but i am pissed of by the way things are with this board. i waited patiently for the "final" release, only to discover it had hundreds of bugs. and every new "maintenance" release brings new ones, and even screws up things that were ok (like the assistant). every 2 weeks there is a new maintenance release. half o night to upgrade everything and 2 weeks to fix whatever goes wrong. than start all over again. this is a paid product after all.

After running a repair on the ibf_posts table, I now get this when trying to access any subforum:

mySQL query error: SELECT author_id, topic_id FROM ibf_posts WHERE author_id=3919 AND topic_id IN(8140,8472,8508,8611,8666,8680,8721,8731,8751,8755,8774,8775,8781,8792,8799)

SQL error: Can't open file: 'ibf_posts.MYI' (errno: 145)

SQL error code: 

Date: Friday 04th of November 2005 02:29:15 AM

What seemed like a seamless upgrade has now apparently hosed my forum. We can't access any of the subforums now...

you need to contact the service provider and ask them to fix your database. i had that once, when hdd space ran out (imagine that!). they can do it very fast, with no data loss.

1. Moderator's topic title edit function - If you click and hold above the topic title, there is nothing but one "s" after the editting is finished. No matter what you are typing there.

2. My Assistant window is not showing up. No matter if there are any new PMs or not. I can't use it even if I click on the "My Assistant" link /Firefox 1.0.7 - Win XP and Slackware 10.2/...

:(

So, a downgrade is the better choice I think.

1. oh. mine shows s</NULL>

2. i can click it and it pops up....

i am not serious about downgrading.

but i am pissed of by the way things are with this board. i waited patiently for the "final" release, only to discover it had hundreds of bugs. and every new "maintenance" release brings new ones, and even screws up things that were ok (like the assistant). every 2 weeks there is a new maintenance release. half o night to upgrade everything and 2 weeks to fix whatever goes wrong. than start all over again. this is a paid product after all.

And isn't it great that they keep fixing reported bugs and try to enhance the board? Hell, even Windows XP that is x years old now gets updated all the time.

My lord - all the complaint's here get's tiring to say the least. Seem's like there's always a whole slew of complaint's everytime there's a release, even for something as simple as a maintenance release. :rolleyes:

Anway - I want to thank Matt and bfarber for this upgrade version. Aside from the small stacked buttons problem which I now fixed on my custom skins, everything else went perfectly fine for my upgrade, and the changed files list helped alot as I then had to do minimal editing to restore functionality for all of Dean's and Fusoya's mods that I use. :D

I have upgraded 23 sites since i have a resource site and only a few issues mainly their custom skins not updating

as for my own only 1 issue was the RSS character set

:thumbsup:

oh yes i have the PM pop up issue but o well at least i can read them in my inbox :whistle:

I haven't seen an inordinate amount of complaints, only the usual error/bug reporting. I too appreciate the recent updates, however this one holds little value for me as it's hosed my forum, seems to have corrupted the posts database and has caused me several hours on unnecessary sys admin time.

My lord - all the complaint's here get's tiring to say the least. Seem's like there's always a whole slew of complaint's everytime there's a release, even for something as simple as a maintenance release. :rolleyes:

Anway - I want to thank Matt and bfarber for this upgrade version. Aside from the small stacked buttons problem which I now fixed on my custom skins, everything else went perfectly fine for my upgrade, and the changed files list helped alot as I then had to do minimal editing to restore functionality for all of Dean's and Fusoya's mods that I use. :D

To have some success and development is always a good step. But I am not agree about your complaint's thoughts.
I am not a coder, just a regular user. I know that there are more than 70 bugs fixed since 2.1.2. And this is great!
But as a regular IPB user I can tell you that I didn't notice any of those 70 bugs. Which means none of them were so annoying for me.
But now... there are three things:
1. Still missing lang file in the archive.
2. No pop-up window when there is a new message.
3. Can't edit a topic title when you click and hold just because you'll have an "s" always after editting.

:ermm:

How come you decided to update now?

I am always updating... I prefer to be up-to-date.
I own an IPB licence since 2.0.3 and always upgrade a day after a release was made. The problem is that for the first time I am not satisfied with the upgrade.

I just finished apparently getting every modification put back in and I was going from 2.1.1 to 2.1.3 so I also had to go into skin files and edit. It took me 10 hours straight to get everything fine, I made 3 errors, 2 of which were because IPS added something to a line I was editing, so in 1 case I put variables after a " instead of before. WHy a " was added, I dont know because I saw no other change. Guess it was somewhere else. Then in case #2 IPS added something that says ( $footer_defaults ) and I dont know what it does, but I had to remove it for my edit to work. Then time #3 I simply had 1 too many )s

I am happy to have this editing all done. Hopefully it is a while before 2.1.4 is out or else fewer files are altered. It wasnt THAT bad editing for 10 hours though because I was in an ok mood.

• Management

I've updated the templates.xml file, I've uploaded the missing lang_tar.php and I've fixed the new PM pop-up as well as the ajax topic edit.

I'll post a little update pack to the announcement in just a moment.

I've updated the templates.xml file, I've uploaded the missing lang_tar.php and I've fixed the new PM pop-up as well as the ajax topic edit.

Thank you Matt! Also it's great that you will be posting an update pack instead of having us download the entire package, much easier.

Don't forget to update the main IPB 2.1.3 download package.

Perfect! :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot! And please, update the main download archive also.
Thanks again!

Guess I better read this topic. i didnt know anyone was having problems.

And by the way when I was upgrading it said it couldnt find a default skin and i am responsible for template changes. What is it talking about? If it means I have to manually update templates, I am going to be mad becuase this was suppsoedly a "better" upgrade system and I havent got rid of any skin since the last upgrade, which didnt give that error.

Neither did I, then I tested it myself after reading here and the problems definitely are there. When editing a topic title with ajax, after you press enter it turns into S, when editing it again it then shows: <null>s</null>

The popup isn't working either.

I think that's all other than that missing lang file?

Archived