IPB 2.1.3 Released

Guest IPS News

The only thing that stops me from upgraded from 2.0.3 is that I am waiting for one of the portal systems to upgrade their mod. I don't want to upgrade the main site until I have a nice portal to put on the front page. Sorry, the one that comes with IVB is just too limited.

bfarber used to have a portal but I guess he's working of IVP now. cricket has not been updating his portal and neither has Dean (d-scripting).

Question: What do you all use for a good portal that will work with this latest version?

Thanks

I use MKPortal (http://mkportal.it) and I LOVE it. Built in blogs, photo gallery, reviews, downloads, topsite, chat and shoutbox. You can't lose!

Thanks for the update IPS! I'm in the "I just upgraded to 2.1.2 and installed a bunch of mods" group. :lol: But that's alright. I mean over 70 bug fixes??? H*LL Yeah! WTG guys! I'll probably wait a week or two and let a few of the "new bugs" get ironed out before upgrading again though. I was quite surprised to see my version was out of date already! Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use MKPortal (http://mkportal.it) and I LOVE it. Built in blogs, photo gallery, reviews, downloads, topsite, chat and shoutbox. You can't lose!

I'll check it out. I have seen that but thought it was a bunch of other things that might conflict with the IVB which I don't want. I also own IVG so not sure which is better MKPortal or IVG. Thanks for the suggestion. I will play around with it and if it has what I need I might use it.

huh??? what the heck is this supposed to mean?

IPB Default Skin not found
This step in the upgrade process allows you to revert skin changes to the default IPB skin, to ensure that the skin updates will inherit to the default skin properly. Your IPB Default Skin was not found. You will be responsible for ensuring that you update your skin templates to ensure that the changed template bits are applied properly.

it happened during the upgrade. i do have ipb v2.1 default skin. and there is a masterskin set from which all skins are supposed to inherit.

I'll go ahead and assume this is an idiotic question given that others have managed the upgrade alright but I'll ask anyway. I downloaded just the Core IPB Sources file then went through the list of files changed from 2.1.2 to 2.1.3 stripping out any that hadn't changed to save me time and hassle on the FTP upload. That went fine except for the part that said:

install

• index.php
  • installfiles
    • ipb_settings.xml
    • mysql_inserts.php
    • mysql_tables.php

There's no "install" folder in the Core IPB Sources or even the full package download and, although there's obviously an index.php file in the root of the both packages, I don't have ipb_settings.xml, mysql_inserts.php or mysql_tables.php in either the Full or Core downloads, what's up with that exactly?
[*]sql

Can anyone provide a quick how-to for upgrading to 2.1.3 with blogs and a gallery?

After I upload all the latest IPB files and run the upgrade, do I need to re-run the blog and gallery installations? How does that effect my database, etc?

I'd like to know the exact answer to each of these questions as well. :)

It would be for the td tag, though thinking about it if the change wasn't reverted from what I had set, you might have to remove the style='word-wrap:break-word;' as well. :)

I have tried that as well, and it still won't work for me. Maybe I still am doing something wrong, I am not sure. Anyways, it works by setting it to the different percentages, at least for me....however those that have different resolutions will have a problem with that. Thanks for helpin' out!

For the others, I downloaded it and the lang_tar.php file was in the package....so I don't know what happened.

@Bondian...thx. ;)

@dflorin, it just means the upgrader didn't find id 2, or a skin called 'IPB Default Skin'. That part of the upgrader will likely be enhanced slightly in the future to not check for either (since if it finds one it allows you to loop through the skins anyways).

To update your skins, you just need to manually go into the ACP Skin Manager and run the option to Revert HTML Template changes.

@Medulla...in the full download you don't have an /install/ folder? I just downloaded the zip from the client center and it was in there, sure enough.

@eyedam...already reported. I have attached the file earlier in this thread for those wanting to translate it. Really it should (almost) never be needed, however it does need to be included for those rare occasions when it is needed. The zip will be rebuilt as soon as possible. I realize it's not in there yet, but please be patient.

For the topic stacking issue, I just went ahead and looked into it. Here's the change necessary.

Topic View->topic_page_top

Change

<td width='99%' style='word-wrap:break-word;'> <div><{CAT_IMG}> <b>{$data['TOPIC']['title']}</b>{$data['TOPIC']['description']}</div></td>
<td width='1%' align='right''>

to

<td width='1%' nowrap='nowrap'><div><{CAT_IMG}> <b>{$data['TOPIC']['title']}</b>{$data['TOPIC']['description']}</div></td>
<td width='99%' align='right''>

Sorry about my previous post, it was not complete. ;)

@emm1...you certainly have the option to NOT revert your templates during the upgrade, and then manually go in and check the differences. This is why it was made an option. So users such as yourself would not be forced to undo changes in your templates.

Regarding Gallery and Blog, you really shouldn't have to make any adjustments or do anyting extra. Are you having problems with Gallery or Blog after the upgrade, or just asking proactively? As they are completely separated components with no file edits, if the component is installed, it should work properly. Submit a ticket if you have any problems with Gallery/Blog after updating. :)

Just updated to 2.1.3 and now the dropdown menu's in the Admin area don't wanna work, nor the quick edit/full edit dropdown.?

I am using the Default skin, but had renamed it and did get an error message about not being able to find the Default skin..How can I fix this..?

Any Ideas..

Please submit a ticket for this issue.

My skins are all messed up (the one viewed there to the public is the one messed up the most)... What do I do? If it helps, I clicked "Yes..." on all the options during the upgrade for wanting to revert skins. I've re-cached all my templates and it still doesn't change it. What do I do?

To update your skins, you just need to manually go into the ACP Skin Manager and run the option to Revert HTML Template changes.

Can you be more specific (and answer my above question) as to where I can find this? :)

@Medulla...in the full download you don't have an /install/ folder? I just downloaded the zip from the client center and it was in there, sure enough.

Nope, I absolutely swear to God. I've just downloaded the full package again before posting this then extracted the zip file. Then into the Upload directory of the extracted package and no install folder. I'll do a directory listing from the command prompt just to prove to you guys I'm not making it up and to myself that I'm not going mad because I appreciate how bizarre this sounds:

03/11/2005 17:09 <DIR> ..
03/11/2005 17:09 12,429 admin.php
03/11/2005 17:09 <DIR> cache
03/11/2005 17:09 10 conf_global.php.dist
03/11/2005 17:09 1,406 favicon.ico
03/11/2005 17:09 18,706 index.php
03/11/2005 17:09 6,087 init.php
03/11/2005 17:09 435,325 ipb_templates.xml
03/11/2005 17:09 7,678 ipchat.php
03/11/2005 17:09 <DIR> ips_kernel
03/11/2005 17:09 <DIR> jscripts
03/11/2005 17:09 <DIR> lofiversion
03/11/2005 17:09 <DIR> modules
03/11/2005 17:09 <DIR> retail
03/11/2005 17:09 <DIR> skin_acp
03/11/2005 17:09 <DIR> sources
03/11/2005 17:09 <DIR> style_avatars
03/11/2005 17:09 <DIR> style_emoticons
03/11/2005 17:09 <DIR> style_images
03/11/2005 17:09 <DIR> upgrade
03/11/2005 17:09 <DIR> uploads
7 File(s) 481,641 bytes
15 Dir(s) 31,670,550,528 bytes free

C:\Documents and Settings\Bamba\Desktop\ipb_2_1_3\ipb_2_1_3\upload>

Well, if you're not classifying me as a customer, I'm highly offended, as my [b]customer [/b]username on your board is [i]a2zgrafx[/i].

@2be1ask1:

http://www.transversestyles.com/ipb/index.php?showtopic=718

I'm not doing any classifying. I am just stating please ask us and I will provide you some support.

I am questioning the problem that you're having and seeing how I can resolve it.

Well, my upgrade went fine... Exept one thing:

On the main ACP view... It still says:

[b]Content[/b] [b][i]0[/i][/b] Topics

[b][i]0[/i][/b] Replies [b]Members[/b] [b][i]0[/i][/b] Members

[b][i]0[/i][/b] Awaiting validation

[b][i]0[/i][/b] COPPA Pending

I just want to tell you that I've deleted all my cookies, rebuilt everything that can be rebuilt, checked my database with phpMyAdmin also... Optimized all the tables in it. Even restarted my PC.

How can I fix it?

Archived