Banned User - Can still react to posts... how do I stop?

13 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I would need an example of that member. If they are still able to react, I suspect they are not actually banned, as they would only be able to see the ban message

Marc,

See forums.aaca.org

user is "Bill Auto Works":
 https://forums.aaca.org/admin/?app=core&module=members&controller=members&do=view&id=168360

You host the forums so I assume you have admin access?

The user was banned entirely just after 11pm, and the reactions were at 4pm (uk time on my end). There has been no interaction with that user in any way since they have been banned from the site. The only other way a user could have been banned before that is if the user was given over 50 points, as per your settings, in warning points. Points on your system expire after 30 days, so the user never hit 50 points, and therefore only had posting restrictions, not a ban

6 minutes ago, peter gariepy said:

@Marc Stridgen

Not sure that lead to a solution.

How do I prevent the user from being able to react to posts?

Should I have banned him a different way to solve this problem?

Not entirely clear to me how to get to the desired result.

The user wasn't banned but rather had posting restrictions so could still access your community and perform all other functions except for posting. If you do not want someone accessing your community, you will need to suspend them from your community via a ban. This would either be meeting the warning points necessary by your warning configuration, if the moderator has permission to setup a custom warning solutions (i.e. suspend/ban them), or as an administrator, using the ban feature to suspend them on their ACP profile.

28 minutes ago, Jim M said:

The user wasn't banned but rather had posting restrictions so could still access your community and perform all other functions except for posting. If you do not want someone accessing your community, you will need to suspend them from your community via a ban. This would either be meeting the warning points necessary by your warning configuration, if the moderator has permission to setup a custom warning solutions (i.e. suspend/ban them), or as an administrator, using the ban feature to suspend them on their ACP profile.

So should I redo his ban in a different way?  Some direction would be great.

1 minute ago, peter gariepy said:

So should I redo his ban in a different way?  Some direction would be great.

Easiest way is to go ACP -> Members -> find the user's profile -> scroll down to "Warnings & Restrictions" -> click "Ban" -> setup ban for duration you want.