How to prepare for upcoming "Experts" in IPB5

Go to solution Solved by David N.,

You cannot have a forum set as both. However, you can set a discussion forum to allow solved posts. That's actually what we have here for our support forums. 

Im not honestly sure on what you mean by "provide experts on". You are better to wait until things are released rather than trying to prepare for things without the knowledge of how they work, to be honest. For example, you dont 'give' someone an expert rank. 

• Solution

Judging from the video, community experts are tagged in "Discussion" forums. I can't imagine why it wouldn't work the same way with "Question" forums. There's no need to create additional forums. 

10 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You are better to wait until things are released rather than trying to prepare for things without the knowledge of how they work, to be honest.

I'm too eager.  😞  Let me do a couple out of context analogies so I can appear smarter while admitting you are correct:

Should I stop dreaming about living on the moon now that I know we are going there?
Should I stop preparing my child's room until I know what gender they prefer?

Thanks Marc.  🙂

12 hours ago, Elon Report said:

Should I stop dreaming about living on the moon now that I know we are going there?

I'm not sure I would recommend living on the moon, to be honest. I believe there arent going to be many good restaurants available, and the air quality sucks

12 hours ago, Elon Report said:

Should I stop preparing my child's room until I know what gender they prefer?

Not at all. In fact I think you should start by creating a giant slide leading from the bed, to a pool of balls below. Every kid loves a slide.

On 4/26/2024 at 5:50 PM, Elon Report said:

When creating a forum, I can make it as Discussion or Questions.   Is there a way a single forum can have both?

Otherwise, do I need to create a second forum for any topic I want to provide experts on?

Someone from IPS should confirm my interpretation but you only need to create new forums where you want different experts.

Experts are assigned to forums.  Different forums means you can assign different experts. 

If you plan on having the same set of community experts, then you can build your forums any way you want.  If you plan on having community experts that specialize in different areas (eg. Product support vs ideation), then you will need at least two separate boards.  

Yes, it will indeed assign experts based on forums, so that its showing experts only in that particular forum. So if you wanted to split this up, thats the way you would do it. Although, to be honest, I would suggest splitting forums up by area regardless of that feature, as that is essentially the idea of being able to create multiple forums. 

It would be worth having a read of this