4.7.11.1 ACP timeout value not being honored?

• 1 month later...

So I've upgraded another site and it appears to be working fine with that, just not the first one that I upgraded.  However, the first one is now inactive (can't afford to renew it as I renewed another one instead).  So short of clearing the cache, which I have done multiple times, any suggestions would be nice.

Okay, would appear that I spoke too soon.  The value is NOT being honored on either install.  Tested this earlier by looking at the time and then a little over an hour later I went to do something in the ACP and the session had timed out.

This is the setting in the constants.php file (which I can confirm is being read just fine by the suite).

\define( 'ACP_SESSION_TIMEOUT', 86400 );

16 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Okay, would appear that I spoke too soon.  The value is NOT being honored on either install.  Tested this earlier by looking at the time and then a little over an hour later I went to do something in the ACP and the session had timed out.

This is the setting in the constants.php file (which I can confirm is being read just fine by the suite).

\define( 'ACP_SESSION_TIMEOUT', 86400 );

May I ask how you're testing or evaluating this and what you're attempting to resolve with this? 

Just now, Jim M said:

May I ask how you're testing or evaluating this and what you're attempting to resolve with this? 

You certainly may.  (Shall I wait for you to actually ask? 😉)

When I change the data storage settings in the ACP (Advanced -> Data Storage tab), it gives me a new constants.php file to use and then I have to confirm the file (which it checks to make sure it has been done properly).  So that's how I know that it's reading the constants.php file just fine.

Earlier when I made a reply to the other topic, I noted the time and then went off to do something.  I returned to the computer a little over an hour later (1h 10m? 1h 20m?) and the session had been timed out.  It's on the live site, not a test/dev site.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...