Large blank areas posted in threads

I've had one of our site users who posts / reads via his Samsung S22 Ultra and recently has had issues on our site when he posts. 

What happens is, he writes out his post, but when submitting his post there seems to be numerous blank lines under his post which extends the space his post takes right down the screen. I've not seen it with anyone else, and not heard of it before, but could someone shed any light on this? Is it something that has happened before? What could I/he do? 

It's an error that doesn't appear for him on any other site. 

Thanks

4 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We dont actually have any control over what the browser itself enters into the editor unfortunately. Therefore if its entering extra space, there is only the browser that can resolve that.

I have tagged developers anyway to see if there are any further thoughts on this of course

Thank you Marc.

1 hour ago, NAWAC said:

I'm having same problem with a user on our site using Samsung S22 and Brave browser. Running latest version of IPBoard.

Please note we only support the native browser on mobile devices. Third party browser, like Brave, would not be supported, I’m afraid. 

2 hours ago, NAWAC said:

I'm having same problem with a user on our site using Samsung S22 and Brave browser. Running latest version of IPBoard.

Earlier posts here have stated that it was the Samsung browser causing this issue on a S22. By adding the Brave browser to the equation on the S22, it would seem to lend to the issue possibly being on the S22 itself.

On 11/26/2022 at 4:00 PM, My Sharona said:

Earlier posts here have stated that it was the Samsung browser causing this issue on a S22. By adding the Brave browser to the equation on the S22, it would seem to lend to the issue possibly being on the S22 itself.

Certainly, seems to be the case. Its actually more likely the keyboard causing it than anything else

On 11/26/2022 at 7:37 AM, NAWAC said:

The user said he disabled Power Saver mode on his S22 device and now it works fine while posting to our forum. Weird.

4 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Very weird indeed.

Can anyone else confirm this?

I have a couple members who have had issues with different functions (not all related to the issue here) not working properly, such as email notifications for items they may be following. Turning off the 'battery optimization'  (which was recommended course of action by a developer) has seemingly fixed their issues (I know, doesn't make a whole lot of sense).

Edited by My Sharona

1 hour ago, My Sharona said:

I have a couple members who have had issues with different functions (not all related to the issue here) not working properly, such as email notifications for items they may be following. Turning off the 'battery optimization'  (which was recommended course of action by a developer) has seemingly fixed their issues (I know, doesn't make a whole lot of sense).

For a little more context. two users are reporting a Samsung device(s) and a Cubot 9, both run Android OPSYS.

14 hours ago, My Sharona said:

Fascinating. Thank you for sharing that information. Sound like they have indeed broken something