InnoDB issue

kmk
Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

My ACP show a recommendation relate InnoDB, hosting provider say that DB already using InnoDB...

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I have reviewed the database of your website and I can see that all tables are already using the InnoDB engine. You can review this via the phpMyAdmin in cPanel.

> 1559995051_flameshot_screenshot-Imgur2022-02-0601-32-28.png.f3b463f9bfdb2e6ae2f5f473337ead50.png

I am unable to confirm why this recommendation continues to appear. With this in mind, I believe that you can disregard it.

I was unable to locate any specific issues from my end.

Let us know if you need our help.

Get Support 2022-02-05 01-37-53.png

1 hour ago, kmk said:

My ACP show a recommendation relate InnoDB, hosting provider say that DB already using InnoDB...

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I have reviewed the database of your website and I can see that all tables are already using the InnoDB engine. You can review this via the phpMyAdmin in cPanel.

> 1559995051_flameshot_screenshot-Imgur2022-02-0601-32-28.png.f3b463f9bfdb2e6ae2f5f473337ead50.png

I am unable to confirm why this recommendation continues to appear. With this in mind, I believe that you can disregard it.

I was unable to locate any specific issues from my end.

Let us know if you need our help.

Get Support 2022-02-05 01-37-53.png

The same is happening to me now. My webmaster changed all DB to InnoDB a few months ago. the warning didn't appear any more. So all DB tables were changed.

Now I can see there is a warning again. I will check with him to double check it. 

Edited by OptimusBain

16 hours ago, OptimusBain said:

My webmaster changed all DB to InnoDB a few months ago.

Do you by any chance know how he did that? My host tried to do it, but they just broke the site and ended up restoring it from a backup so I've mostly been ignoring it. 😷

16 hours ago, opentype said:

Unless you force new tables to be created as InnoDB, it’s very likely that the message will reappear, for example, every time you install a third-party app. 

16 hours ago, Sonya* said:

There are also some 3rd-party apps that force MyISAM, even if your database uses InnoDB by default. You have to determine what tables are not InnoDB. Then you know more.

I think it also depends on what type of Linux your host is running. Mine uses MariaDB instead of MySQL so I'm not sure if that's the issue I'm having. 😬

17 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

Did you confirm ALL tables are InnoDB?

I had a few with InnoDB, but most were MyISAM. 😆

2 minutes ago, Greek76 said:

I get that message too but all my tables are InnoDb. My host which is KnownHost checked for me. This happened with the newest update. 

I wonder if it's an upgrade bug then because a friend of mine just setup a brand new Invision Community and he wasn't getting the warning. Then again, I'm thinking it could also be an issue with the PHP version because I'm on 7.4 and my friend just setup his Invision Community with PHP 8.

3 minutes ago, Pescao6 said:

I wonder if it's an upgrade bug then because a friend of mine just setup a brand new Invision Community and he wasn't getting the warning. Then again, I'm thinking it could also be an issue with the PHP version because I'm on 7.4 and my friend just setup his Invision Community with PHP 8.

It’s more likely what the host has set as the default engine in MySQL. 🙂

17 minutes ago, Pescao6 said:

My forum is brand spanking new and I’m getting the error. I installed it today. 

16 minutes ago, Greek76 said:

My forum is brand spanking new and I’m getting the error. I installed it today. 

MySQL on a vanilla out of the box install has the default engine set to MyISAM. This means unless your host (or you) add a directive to the server’s my.cnf configuration file, all new tables would be created this way.

So seeing you say that makes sense. Most likely whomever setup the server never optimized the default settings. This is something you should contact your hosting provider about. Even if they cannot change their default settings they should be able to help convert your existing tables to innodb.

If you install additional plugins that use a MySQL database, those might need to be changed later if the default is not changed server wide.   

Check ALL tables via phpMyAdmin. Are ANY MyISAM?

Edited by Randy Calvert

7 hours ago, Pescao6 said:

Do you by any chance know how he did that? My host tried to do it, but they just broke the site and ended up restoring it from a backup so I've mostly been ignoring it

No idea. I am an IT guy but I don't touch those things because I might break things. My webmaster works for me, he did it but I have no idea what he did. I would suggest that you hire the services of someone that knows what he's doing or you might run into big troubles.

38 minutes ago, OptimusBain said:

No idea. I am an IT guy but I don't touch those things because I might break things. My webmaster works for me, he did it but I have no idea what he did. I would suggest that you hire the services of someone that knows what he's doing or you might run into big troubles.

😅 I break my site almost on a monthly basis trying out new things. That's the fun part! I'm super grateful to have been using IPS for 15 years because I've learned a ton with every other update breaking something new.

55 minutes ago, Pescao6 said:

😅 I break my site almost on a monthly basis trying out new things. That's the fun part! I'm super grateful to have been using IPS for 15 years because I've learned a ton with every other update breaking something new.

If you break your site so often, there must be something you are doing wrong 🙂

2 hours ago, OptimusBain said:

If you break your site so often, there must be something you are doing wrong 🙂

Or something I must be doing right. 😁

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

If anyone else is seeing an issue, please let us know. However it is indeed likely a table has been created that is not INNODB. You are best to contact your hosting company and have them change the default

Aside from changing the default, how would I go about changing all of the MyISAM tables to InnoDB without breaking the site?

5 minutes ago, Pescao6 said:

Aside from changing the default, how would I go about changing all of the MyISAM tables to InnoDB without breaking the site?

I can't tell you. I am not a server manager or experienced IT. You must hire someone that knows how to do that and utilize him to help you do all complicated things. 

1 minute ago, OptimusBain said:

I can't tell you. I am not a server manager or experienced IT. You must hire someone that knows how to do that and utilize him to help you do all complicated things. 

Or simply use our cloud product, and forget about that side of things entirely of course 🙂 

8 minutes ago, Pescao6 said:

You would ask your hosting company to do this for you if you are unsure on how to do this

38 minutes ago, Pescao6 said:

If you have access to phpMyAdmin, you can do it from there.

image.thumb.png.aea18d7e2f38d6e7e9eeed8a6ece4b9d.png

• Open phpMyAdmin.
  • Select your IPB database.
  • Select a table that is showing up as MyISAM.
  • Click on Operations. 
  • Under Storage engine, choose InnoDB.  
  • Click Go.
  • Rinse and repeat for any MyISAM table.  

NOTE: It is a best practice to always backup your database before making a significant manual change!!