I see what you mean:

Capturar.PNG.1511d5b9f75dc5219412023936651ca6.PNG

I thought you were saying it wasn't bringing ANY data from specific artists. It is bringing data from everyone, except the description.

The API itself does not provide the artist biography. I get that via scraping their page, for example.

This is the Kiss page:

And from here was coming their biography:

Happens that they removed the /about page: https://open.spotify.com/artist/07XSN3sPlIlB2L2XNcTwJw/about

I can see the info is still there:

Capturar.thumb.PNG.33a3d36302cf9283a06cc81de948639a.PNG

but not in a page as it was before. I'll have to browse around and see where they placed that info.

I should update it in upcoming days.

------------------------------------------

I don't see how I can grab it anymore. I requested to disable purchases on this resource until if it's fixed (if it is).

Edited by Adriano Faria
20 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I see what you mean:

Capturar.PNG.1511d5b9f75dc5219412023936651ca6.PNG

I thought you were saying it wasn't bringing ANY data from specific artists. It is bringing data from everyone, except the description.

The API itself does not provide the artist biography. I get that via scraping their page, for example.

This is the Kiss page:

And from here was coming their biography:

Happens that they removed the /about page: https://open.spotify.com/artist/07XSN3sPlIlB2L2XNcTwJw/about

I can see the info is still there:

Capturar.thumb.PNG.33a3d36302cf9283a06cc81de948639a.PNG

but not in a page as it was before. I'll have to browse around and see where they placed that info.

I should update it in upcoming days.

------------------------------------------

I don't see how I can grab it anymore. I requested to disable purchases on this resource until if it's fixed (if it is).

Oh ok thanks for looking into it for me. You’re the best. Hopefully you're able to find away. My members and myself included love this add on. 

Edited by Greek76
On 2/18/2021 at 3:04 PM, Adriano Faria said:

I don't see how I can grab it anymore

That’s the only and definite for Spotify. There’s no way to grab it anymore. That’s a change on the API. That’s all the information about an artist provided by the API: https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/#endpoint-get-an-artist

There’s always a possibility to use another API to grab it but the challenge is to make sure both artists are the same in Spotify and in the other API, which isn’t easy because it will use a textual search, so honestly I don’t think it worths the job as it can bring data from someone else. 

Changes in the API are beyond the scope of the support and it’s not my fault. You will have to grab the biography elsewhere and paste there. The purchases are disabled because I didn’t add this notice in the file bit I will.

Edited by Adriano Faria
7 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

That’s the only and definite for Spotify. There’s no way to grab it anymore. That’s a change on the API. That’s all the information about an artist provided by the API: https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/#endpoint-get-an-artist

There’s always a possibility to use another API to grab it but the challenge is to make sure both artists are the same in Spotify and in the other API, which isn’t easy because it will use a textual search, so honestly I don’t think it worths the job as it can bring data from someone else. 

Changes in the API are beyond the scope of the support and it’s not my fault. You will have to grab the biography elsewhere and paste there. The purchases are disabled because I didn’t add this notice in the file bit I will.

Damn what a shame. It was such a good add on but yeah I definitely understand. 

On 2/25/2021 at 1:57 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Note added to the file descriptions and terms/conditions:

NOTE: SPOTIFY DOES NOT PROVIDE ARTIST BIOGRAPHY IN THEIR API ENDPOINTS ANYMORE. YOU WILL HAVE TO GET THE BIOGRAPHY ELSEWHERE (Google, Wikipedia, official site, etc.) AND PASTE IT IN THE EDITOR.

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS APP IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS. NO REFUND WILL BE PROVIDED.

"From" section? Anyway, It uses \IPS\GeoLocation (countries are not added manually) and Scotland, alongside with others, are countries that makes part of the United Kingdom, thus UK shows up there. Not sure why Ireland shows up there.... 🤷‍♀️

EDIT: oh, Northern Ireland makes part of the UK and it doesn't show there.

Ireland is an island in the North Atlantic. It is separated from Great Britain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ireland

Edited by Adriano Faria
18 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Not sure why Ireland shows up there

Hold on tight - I'm a paddy 😄 

"Ireland" = the island of Ireland, and the country is "Republic of Ireland" (which isn't part of the United Kingdom)

"Northern Ireland" is part of the United Kingdom (UK is "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland")

Most sites don't separate UK out to the individual countries (Wales, England, Scotland, NI) - example: Amazon

Just now, Nathan Explosion said:

Hold on tight - I'm a paddy 😄 

"Ireland" = the island of Ireland, and the country is "Republic of Ireland" (which isn't part of the United Kingdom)

"Northern Ireland" is part of the United Kingdom (UK is "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland")

Most sites don't separate UK out to the individual countries (Wales, England, Scotland, NI) - example: Amazon

Yep, that's it. 😄

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

"From" section? Anyway, It uses \IPS\GeoLocation (countries are not added manually) and Scotland, alongside with others, are countries that makes part of the United Kingdom, thus UK shows up there. Not sure why Ireland shows up there.... 🤷‍♀️

EDIT: oh, Northern Ireland makes part of the UK and it doesn't show there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ireland

Yes from the From section. Ah ok so it's not something that we can manually edit. Thanks!

• 5 months later...

Hello Adriano. As you know, I already have your Books application installed. I also just added this one but the cohabitation causes a problem in the group settings. When I install the Music application, I only have the Music tab visible. The Book tab has disappeared. If I uninstall the Music application, the Book tab is visible again. I need to have both applications installed. Also, how can I have both tabs (Books & Music) coexist in the group settings?

24 minutes ago, Olmyster said:

Hello Adriano. As you know, I already have your Books application installed. I also just added this one but the cohabitation causes a problem in the group settings. When I install the Music application, I only have the Music tab visible. The Book tab has disappeared. If I uninstall the Music application, the Book tab is visible again. I need to have both applications installed. Also, how can I have both tabs (Books & Music) coexist in the group settings?

I'm going to be AFK in a few minutes but still found some time to try it.

It works fine to me. Both "group extensions" are totally independent from each other. They have to show up.

Go to Support tab in your ACP and click in the Clear System Caches button and go to Groups again.

I can't do much today. I'll be back on Wednesday. Leave the reply if it still doesn't work; I'll contact you when I get back.

Hello Adriano. In the form to be filled in to register a new artist, it doesn't seem possible to enter an earlier date than 1921 in the Formed In/Since field. How can I lower this value? Because this limit is a bit problematic for artists like Bach or Mozart 🙂 

image.png.87809d1bfc66ade0af09c3effd825754.png

Another concern is that the "Photos" and "Playlists" tabs are empty of any data.

Edited by Olmyster
On 9/4/2021 at 2:24 PM, Olmyster said:

How can I lower this value?

Do you have FTP access. I can provide a quick fix tomorrow.

On 9/4/2021 at 2:24 PM, Olmyster said:

Another concern is that the "Photos" and "Playlists" tabs are empty of any data.

I’ll have to debug tomorrow. It won’t be surprising if they also removed this from the API. They already did with Biography.