VIDEO/CAM/CHAT APP for IPS Community

I don't recommend a company currently in a lawsuit for illegally selling user's data and supporting CPC propaganda by suppressing activists against the inhumane treatment under the current Communist regime.

That being said, Arrowchat is compatible with IPS and just had a major update to its software.

https://www.arrowchat.com/

Edited by ahc

On 7/6/2020 at 1:42 PM, The Guy said:

Arrowchat looks more platformish already. Not sure how it would integrate well with IPS Systems.

I'm in agreement with Zoom being sketchy.

Perhaps IPS should have its own Video Chat App.

It's very easy to match your site in their admin panel.  You can choose your colors and modify the styles a bit with some css if you need a bit more.  We used it from 4.2 to 4.4 and nixed it because of the heavy use of Discord these days, but it's decent for anyone who mainly needs instant chat that integrates your website members.

413038ccf7ac884e0fd5a880d39db126.png

On 7/6/2020 at 11:42 AM, The Guy said:

Perhaps IPS should have its own Video Chat App.

Supporting video chat requires a platform and company that is probably at a minimum twice the size of Invision is currently just to deal with the rapidly changing landscape and support requirements. 

There’s a reason companies that succeed try to focus on doing a few things extremely well vs. trying to do everything and having half baked and poorly supported versions as a result.

I’d love for Invision as a company to be so successful that they could grow into other markets, but at the moment they are doing a great job of community software. Stepping up to try to compete with Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc. to provide a video chat solution would not be a great outcome without a few hundred million in cash to burn to hang with the big players are try to hive off market share. 

On 7/8/2020 at 2:57 PM, Morgin said:

Supporting video chat requires a platform and company that is probably at a minimum twice the size of Invision

I agree, which is why to do video right, the best option is to go with one of the big players like zoom and use their API. There are already a few plugins for Wordpress in the zoom marketplace. If not zoom because of the controversy, someone similar with an available developer API. You can also always look to go the zapier route..

• 4 weeks later...

Zoom is everywhere. Is it possible to integrate into an Invision website?  Seems like people are saying it is sketchy, but it is EVERYWHERE and seems like a great solution to add video chat/conferencing/meetings to a forum based member website. 

Anyway,I have added a couple of marketplace chat apps to my site, but being able to embed Zoom Pro ($15/month), to my site would be so much more value added.  

If this is possible already, if someone could direct me to a "how to" faq that would be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, Harry Douglas said:

Zoom is everywhere. Is it possible to integrate into an Invision website?  Seems like people are saying it is sketchy, but it is EVERYWHERE and seems like a great solution to add video chat/conferencing/meetings to a forum based member website. 

Anyway,I have added a couple of marketplace chat apps to my site, but being able to embed Zoom Pro ($15/month), to my site would be so much more value added.  

If this is possible already, if someone could direct me to a "how to" faq that would be greatly appreciated.

I would be interested as well

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2020 at 9:11 PM, Harry Douglas said:

Me too

What would stop anyone from putting Zoom meeting links in posts? I don't see why something like video chat (which needs most if not all of the screen) needs to be embedded. Video chat by nature isn't like a text-based chat room where it is just 'on' waiting for someone to join (because that eats up resources and bandwidth)...