My members are loving this app!

I have a few more questions:

1. Can the category thumb image size be bigger?

2. Is it possible to list a single episode of a TV series?

Example: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059753/?ref_=ttep_ep1

3. There are movies on IMDb that do not come up in a search in the app, but I Can find them in IMDb search. Is there a reason for that?

Example: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2649444/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Thanks!

1: Sure, with a custom CSS. I’m really not good with it so wait for @Davyc or someone else to help you with that.

2: No. The episodes comes all together in a tab on TV Show view. All the info provided is there.

3: This worths for the #2 too. Not everything you see in their site is available in the API. We (me and people who participated in development) found several examples of things showing in their site that was either not available or available in a different way in the API.

Hi @Michael R I'm always happy to help out with anything to do with CSS - I've spent hundreds of hours tracking down codes to make changes with CSS across a number of platforms, so if you need help with anything PM me with the changes you want, with links, so I can take a look and advise you.  If you will pardon the analogy, my custom CSS file is like a christmas tree lol.  But it's fun tracking things down and making changes.

With regards to not being able to find specific movies, that's down to TMDB which is a different database to IMDB.  TMDB allows you to add movies once you've registered with them - if you do this yourself then those movies will become available for you to add to your own database.  You can add the movie title, poster images, actors, directors, crew, YT trailers, and general images and whole bunch of other data.  It's fun to be able to do that too, because you get to add what's important for you.

Always happy to help 🙂

Edited by Davyc
6 hours ago, Davyc said:

Hi @Michael R I'm always happy to help out with anything to do with CSS - I've spent hundreds of hours tracking down codes to make changes with CSS across a number of platforms, so if you need help with anything PM me with the changes you want, with links, so I can take a look and advise you.  If you will pardon the analogy, my custom CSS file is like a christmas tree lol.  But it's fun tracking things down and making changes.

With regards to not being able to find specific movies, that's down to TMDB which is a different database to IMDB.  TMDB allows you to add movies once you've registered with them - if you do this yourself then those movies will become available for you to add to your own database.  You can add the movie title, poster images, actors, directors, crew, YT trailers, and general images and whole bunch of other data.  It's fun to be able to do that too, because you get to add what's important for you.

Always happy to help 🙂

Excellent! I will start adding movies right away! Thank you!

• 1 month later...
On 4/27/2021 at 6:04 PM, Michael R said:

2. Is it possible to list a single episode of a TV series?

Example: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059753/?ref_=ttep_ep1

On 4/27/2021 at 6:52 PM, Adriano Faria said:

2: No. The episodes comes all together in a tab on TV Show view. All the info provided is there.

I had this exact question as well.

Do you think there any potential ways this could be handled in the future? Perhaps an ability to highlight, favorite, or feature one or more particular episodes from a series? Just wondering, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Adriano Faria  Adriano something strange happening in the Activity Stream, only movies are showing up but not TV Shows, is this by design or a bug?

Also, for a future update the blocks that can be assigned in the movie settings, can these be made into blocks that can be added to any page via the block manager?

With thanks 🙂

8 minutes ago, Davyc said:

@Adriano Faria  Adriano something strange happening in the Activity Stream, only movies are showing up but not TV Shows, is this by design or a bug?

Also, for a future update the blocks that can be assigned in the movie settings, can these be made into blocks that can be added to any page via the block manager?

With thanks 🙂

Hmmm mine is showing tv shows

54 minutes ago, Steph40 said:

Hmmm mine is showing tv shows

Just added a TV Show as a test and it is showing in the Activity Stream, however it is being classed as a movie:

image.png.0adafd69d4ce661d70605fec2b9bcd88.png

Thanks for the info @Steph40 🙂

Forgot to add the reason I queried this is that I went through several pages of Activity and no TV Shows were showing up, so they must be well down the list lol.

Edited by Davyc
Forgot to add reason for query
41 minutes ago, Davyc said:

Just added a TV Show as a test and it is showing in the Activity Stream, however it is being classed as a movie:

This is the content item of this app: \IPS\movies\movie, which will generate a “hardcoded” language bit. Although I show different things in templates across the app, for the framework there’s only one. There’s no way to change there, AFAIK.

12 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

This is the content item of this app: \IPS\movies\movie, which will generate a “hardcoded” language bit. Although I show different things in templates across the app, for the framework there’s only one. There’s no way to change there, AFAIK.

No worries Adriano it's not a deal breaker just me being nit picky lol.

Any thoughts on making the the blocks that can be assigned to the categories page via the ACP being turned into blocks that can be added anywhere in the site via the blocks manager; random videos and the featured slider, etc?

5 hours ago, Davyc said:

Any thoughts on making the the blocks that can be assigned to the categories page via the ACP being turned into blocks that can be added anywhere in the site via the blocks manager; random videos and the featured slider, etc?

The Movies feed in horizontal mode will produce the same index block template:

N4SEcqn.png

7 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

The Movies feed in horizontal mode will produce the same index block template:

I know, but the ones I'm looking at is the Random Movies block and the Featured Movies block, they are amazing blocks but can only appear in one place.  I'm not sure how much work would be required to make them available for adding anywhere, but I believe they would be well used and appreciated.

There is also a slight issue with the blocks you refer to above, when I want to add them to the individual categories and select the appropriate category from the options to match the category being added to and I choose Movies and TV Shows there are entries from other categories not selected appearing (mainly TV Shows) so that kind of limits their usage.  Sorry to be such a pain, but there are some fantastic features that are not behaving as they should lol 🙂

I was curious about this. Is it possible to apply this to different streaming services like Disney+ or HBO? Would that break their terms of service or could redirect so that it would be that users have to make an account with them? I've read through their stuff, they allow development, though it isn't clear on what exactly that entails. It might just be easier to some of these services built-in streaming "parties." I'd rather stay on their good side in terms of copyright and who gets what because they have billions and I'm broke.

7 hours ago, thisisabaddisplayname said:

I was curious about this. Is it possible to apply this to different streaming services like Disney+ or HBO? Would that break their terms of service or could redirect so that it would be that users have to make an account with them? I've read through their stuff, they allow development, though it isn't clear on what exactly that entails. It might just be easier to some of these services built-in streaming "parties." I'd rather stay on their good side in terms of copyright and who gets what because they have billions and I'm broke.

This is totally developed based on TMDB API. It won’t work to another API. 

Hi @Adriano Faria

I might have found a bug, initially I had it set to automatically create a forum topic and that worked well. I later changed my mind and decided that comments on the movie app where enough so I deactivated topic creation in all categories. Problem is, it is still posting topics when I add a new movie!