• 4 weeks later...

Hey @Adriano , I have 2 questions about this application. 

When I import a movie, where is it saved? Do you grab the info from TMDb and add it to a table in the IPS database ? or it shows the info directly from the TMDb database ? 

I say this because if one day the API is not working, my website would lose all the info.  
If the movie info is saved in the IPS database then is it possible to update it ? For example, if there is a new season for a series. 

Same question for the pictures. Do they link to the TMDb website to show the picture of the movie ? or the thumbnail is copied and saved in my own server ?

Thank you

No. These tabs (cast, crew, seasons, trailers and similar) are ajax loaded and reflect the current state of the movie in the TMDB site. I do not store any of these data; only the main movie data (title, subtitle, description, poster, status, release date, genres, language, homepage, IMDB link, budget, revenue, running time for movies or episode time for TV shows, season (for TV Show) And number of episodes (for TV Show).

4 minutes ago, Michael R said:

Can it be set for a specific genre or category? i.e.; Christmas movies?

No because most of the movies belong to more than one category. You rarely see a movie belonging to one specific genre so it would be quite weird you’re browsing a drama category and then a war movie pops up. See an example:

image.png.0521cb39b619492c4d6e03b50dddae

The API search doesn’t restrict to genres.

The per category “restriction” would be to allow only Movies, only TV Shows or both.

On 7/7/2020 at 6:26 PM, SC36DC said:

I've looked into this before on TMDB, but I couldn't find a way to add images.

You can but it's a faff as you need to edit the image when you go into the bio of the person look under the media tab and click on profile; I used this as an example, but make sure that you can actually get a decent image of the person before you delve into the guts of the site.

image.png.951c0c8f8b103490432ac6a1097dd3d1.png

image.png.eac3c55c1fd31b5b60c4ca36bf3169d5.png

If you click on the + in the circle you can add an image.  It's a tricky move to get to this but give it a go.  I've done it and it works 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, mardiv said:

Would be possible to setup one language for content and other for trailers please?

I am using czech language and all trailers are in english. So I have tab for trailers empty.

No, that’s how it is. Search (in all places of the app) will bring records only in the chosen language.

I can hardcode it to English but there are others members using it and I’m not sure they would want this.

Let me know if you want to edit a file in your install then you can hardcode it to English.

20 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

No, that’s how it is. Search (in all places of the app) will bring records only in the chosen language.

I can hardcode it to English but there are others members using it and I’m not sure they would want this.

Let me know if you want to edit a file in your install then you can hardcode it to English.

Thank you. Yes, I would like to edit a file. 

For the movie/tv show, I use the poster_path from the movie data itself: https://developers.themoviedb.org/3/movies/get-movie-details

For Videos, language is optional: https://developers.themoviedb.org/3/movies/get-movie-videos

I can remove the language but then it’s a question of time until someone else comes and say “why my videos aren’t showing in the language I selected in the settings?” 

Hard to deal with this kind of stuff. I don’t promise anything. Will wait more and see how it goes.

On 7/24/2020 at 5:00 PM, Adriano Faria said:

For the movie/tv show, I use the poster_path from the movie data itself: https://developers.themoviedb.org/3/movies/get-movie-details

For Videos, language is optional: https://developers.themoviedb.org/3/movies/get-movie-videos

I can remove the language but then it’s a question of time until someone else comes and say “why my videos aren’t showing in the language I selected in the settings?” 

Hard to deal with this kind of stuff. I don’t promise anything. Will wait more and see how it goes.

Thank you for guide via pm how to setup different language for trailers in my install. Its working.

• 2 weeks later...