Member Map

I did not get the idea of those post but does it mean that Google map was exchanged with MS Maps?

edit: ok I read the file description and Yes it is.

One more question - any estimates when the full version would be realesed? I mean version in which we can add locations.

Is it possible to use same API key that is used in IPG gallery for pictures?

I did not get the idea of those post but does it mean that Google map was exchanged with MS Maps?

edit: ok I read the file description and Yes it is.

One more question - any estimates when the full version would be realesed? I mean version in which we can add locations.

Is it possible to use same API key that is used in IPG gallery for pictures?

Not sure on the date part yet, but if you have a Bing API key already set for gallery, Membermap will automatically use it.

I have upgraded to beta, i can see the map but i can't see the users. I have already run the task, and it created the mmap cache directory as it should... but still it just appears the map :sad:

http://forumusica.com/index.php?/membermap/

Your server is throwing a 405 error for the cache files ( http://forumusica.com/cache/mmap/members-1.json ), the mmap directory (and contents) needs to be readable.

Thank you Stoo. I figured it out i had to add that mime type to IIS, and now the file is acessible. Nevertheless it still doesn't show the members on the map.

I'm still getting a 405, when accessing it via the map page, it looks like it's because we're making a POST request to get the file, a GET request returns the contents.

IIS is saying:

405 - HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed.
The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because an invalid method (HTTP verb) was used to attempt access.

Really, we should be using GET to get the contents, so I'll make that change in the code, but for now you'll need to make that available to POST requests.

Or, you can edit public/js/jq.membermap.js,

line 104, change

jQuery.post(

to

jQuery.get(
Edited by stoo2000

Works great now! I have replaced the post to get and work nicely!

Thank you!! ^_^

I see the language localisation isn't quite correct, can you check the that the local for your language pack is 'pt-PT' and not 'Portuguese_Portugal', once you update that, the map should be localised for your community.

Yes that is true, it is one of encoding issues i am facing. The problem is that i am running on windows server 2012 and IPB can only get correct date info if i set the locale to Portuguese_Portugal as pt-PT does not work, although Bing Maps API accepts it... Microsoft inconsistencies!

Upgrade to 2.0.0 Beta.

Thanks for your hard work Stoo!

But i just disabled it for now since my site is heavily dependent on the custom markers along side the member markers. This way they can see how close the customs are from their locations. I know that you're working on it and will wait for the full release.

OK Here is a weird quirk I have found. If I use Firefox, and I load my member map. A box pops up with a stop script selection. If I select do not notify me again and stop running scripts. After the third time I do this the Member Map WORKS! So... Since I am just a silly hot air balloon pilot I can not tell you what this means just that it is not completely broken only partly broken.

Jeff

Do I understand it correctly?

Can I use Bing Maps API Key instead of Google Maps API Key? Just like that?

I've got version 1.0.9 installed today. I'd like to use Member Map again, but is it even possible now? Or should I wait for the full 2.0.0 version?

(Several months ago I was using ver 1.0.8, but when some problems with map and markers occured I uninstalled it, because I thought it was caused by API Key v2.)

Here is one for you to figure out..

I have two sites using the IPS forum. I have member map on both of the two sites. One works and the other one does not.

if you go to www.ezteammom.com the member map on that site works perfect with out a hitch and it has the new upgraded map with the little yellow man and all!

If you go to www.hotairballoonist.com/fourm the member map does not work.

If you figur out why one does and the other does not it may help getting the new version up.

Remember I am just a balloon pilot. I only understand enough to be real dangerous to myself.

Jeff

O god NYLYON

BALLOON PILOT >>>>> Here,,

NYLYON (developer)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>here.

How do i find post 1477 What post is this... Do I do a search for 1477 or just go page by page back to it? Then,,, I would not know if the cappy/mappy/guywithachainsaw was readable or not.

I will go back but I have serious doubts if I will be able to figure it out unless 1477 is for dummys.

Yepper as suppected. Did not tell me where teh mappycrappy thing was so I can not even begin to locate it and even if I did I do not know how to make it readable. Also that is for the upgrade to BETA with the Bing maps and not the google maps. Does me no good. See post 1488.

BUT you have taught me that there are numbers on these posts and how to use them and for this I thank you.

Capt Jeff

O god NYLYON

BALLOON PILOT >>>>> Here,,

NYLYON (developer)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>here.

How do i find post 1477 What post is this... Do I do a search for 1477 or just go page by page back to it? Then,,, I would not know if the cappy/mappy/guywithachainsaw was readable or not.

I will go back but I have serious doubts if I will be able to figure it out unless 1477 is for dummys.

Hi Jeff,

As I said in the PM, Both your sites use the exact same code, so the reason for one working and one not must be on Googles side.

You could try using the working API key from ezteammom on hotairbaloonist, it should work (assuming the key is for any site).

p.s. you have a hell of a lot of custom markers! You'll definitely see performance improvements in v2.0.0

Edited by stoo2000