Member Map

Hi, Mary,

Google Maps API is no longer supported, upgrading has not lost your markers, you have an issue preventing them from displaying.

Please run the 'permission checker' tool in the asp and fix any incorrect permissions, after that on the 'cache management' page click 'recache all'

I could not find a "permission checker tool" in the admin panel, but I did check where the other permissions were and they all seem to be set correctly. I ran the recache all and then checked the map and all of the markers were back. Then when I opened the map a second time they were all gone.

What am I doing wrong? I would be glad to pay to get this fixed for us.

I could not find a "permission checker tool" in the admin panel, but I did check where the other permissions were and they all seem to be set correctly. I ran the recache all and then checked the map and all of the markers were back. Then when I opened the map a second time they were all gone.

post-133411-0-81532700-1386876730_thumb.

This is correct, but now that your markers are showing up, you don't need to worry about checking that.

You are welcome to donate to the project here: http://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/index.php?app=nexus&module=clients&section=donations (note: it is £), I however cannot guarantee that it will speed things up, at the moment I am limited with the time I can spend on it.

Okais, updated to 2.0.0 beta and all Markers dissapeared. Have checked permissions and ensured that things are writable that should be and recached all however still does not show any markers.

Looked at console log and seems that its looking for cache/mmap/members-1.json and cannot find it. Cache folder is def writable. Any idea?

EDIT: Please disregard the above. Its weekend and Im being incredibly stupid LMAO ...... For anyone else who decides on being incredibly stupid today, try running the scheduled task that creates the cache in the first place :D

Okais, updated to 2.0.0 beta and all Markers dissapeared. Have checked permissions and ensured that things are writable that should be and recached all however still does not show any markers.

Looked at console log and seems that its looking for cache/mmap/members-1.json and cannot find it. Cache folder is def writable. Any idea?

EDIT: Please disregard the above. Its weekend and Im being incredibly stupid LMAO ...... For anyone else who decides on being incredibly stupid today, try running the scheduled task that creates the cache in the first place :D

This is fixed in the next release.

• 2 weeks later...

Upgraded to Beta 2.0 because the Map page no longer loaded and created errors.

Cache is writable (777)

Recached Skins

Recached Caches

Ran Scheduler task

Still no markers. Any suggestions? Or wait for next release?

(Maps are showing locations on Member Profiles fine)

Thank you!

Cache is writable (777)

Recached Skins

Recached Caches

Ran Scheduler task

Thank you!

PM me your URL, I need to see the HTTP header for the request to see if it's a known issue.

Cache is writable (777)

Recached Skins

Recached Caches

Ran Scheduler task

Thank you!

You have a unique issue, one that I haven't seen before. I'll need some more time to figure it out, (technical stuff: there's a JavaScript error when the JSON is parsed, however the JSON looks perfectly formed (tested via jsonlint.com ).

Upgraded to v2.0.0 put in my bing api, recached all, ran scheduled task and now all I see is a tiny map in the bottom right corner of the screen on my custom skin, if I switch to the default IPB theme I can see the full map - but I have no markers.

You need to revert any changes you've made to the MemberMap templates in your custom skin.

Hi there,

I just want to say thank you for rescuing our data and bringing it over to the Bing API.

I found that the jQuery.post() call on LL104 of jq.membermap.js was failing on our site with a 405 (not permitted). Replacing this with a jQuery.get() has restored functionality for now. I'm not sure why this was a .post() but hope this helps!

Hi there,

I just want to say thank you for rescuing our data and bringing it over to the Bing API.

I found that the jQuery.post() call on LL104 of jq.membermap.js was failing on our site with a 405 (not permitted). Replacing this with a jQuery.get() has restored functionality for now. I'm not sure why this was a .post() but hope this helps!

Thanks,

That issue is already fixed :)

Hi,

I just upgraded and have no markers.

I ran the recache and got this error.

Warning: file_put_contents(/usr/www/virtual/xxxxxxxx/www.websitename.co.uk/forums/cache/mmap/members-1.json) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/www/virtual/xxxxxxxx/www.websitename.co.uk/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/membermap/sources/classes/mapLib.php on line 215