Member Map

O I almost forgot.

View Categories! In V2 (version2) Can we get a link or tab up a the top that says view categories. Then have a drop down menu that allows the user to seperate or put a check by the categories they want to view.

For example on my map. I am in the hot air balloon industry. We have repair places and we have balloon festivals and we have people who do balloon passenger rides and several different categories of things. On my map I have over 700 custom markers for all the different services offered in the balloon world.

It would be great if I had a drop down menu at the top right next to the Show my friends, delete my location, add my location. View Specific Category.

This way someone who is looking for a balloon festival can click on the View Specific Category button and select Balloon Festival and POOF all the other pins disappear! Or if they are interested in finding a place to take a balloon ride they could click on Ride Operators and POOF all the other pins disappear

I have no idea how to do this but if you can select to view only friends then I am sure this should not be much different. But I think this would be a useful adaptation. Maybe we could put a tab in the CP to turn on and off that tab on the page.

WADATINK?

O I almost forgot.

View Categories! In V2 (version2) Can we get a link or tab up a the top that says view categories. Then have a drop down menu that allows the user to seperate or put a check by the categories they want to view.

For example on my map. I am in the hot air balloon industry. We have repair places and we have balloon festivals and we have people who do balloon passenger rides and several different categories of things. On my map I have over 700 custom markers for all the different services offered in the balloon world.

It would be great if I had a drop down menu at the top right next to the Show my friends, delete my location, add my location. View Specific Category.

This way someone who is looking for a balloon festival can click on the View Specific Category button and select Balloon Festival and POOF all the other pins disappear! Or if they are interested in finding a place to take a balloon ride they could click on Ride Operators and POOF all the other pins disappear

I have no idea how to do this but if you can select to view only friends then I am sure this should not be much different. But I think this would be a useful adaptation. Maybe we could put a tab in the CP to turn on and off that tab on the page.

WADATINK?

OK Stewart, I like this idea so much I am willing to pay you to do this for at least my version of Member Map. PLEASE.... LOL.. It is 9am here in the states and I know you are not up yet but .... I will be online all day on the edge of my seat waiting for you to tell me I am out of my mind but this is a good idea...

Jeff

OK Stewart, I like this idea so much I am willing to pay you to do this for at least my version of Member Map. PLEASE.... LOL.. It is 9am here in the states and I know you are not up yet but .... I will be online all day on the edge of my seat waiting for you to tell me I am out of my mind but this is a good idea...

Jeff

We're 5 hours ahead over here!

One thing I do quite a bit of privately is building customised Map apps, so of course we can talk about this.

Stuart

You can donate on my site http://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/ bear in mind it's in £, so you may want to use XE.com first to figure out how much you're spending.

The first thing to check on your installation, is to revert any change that have been made to membermap templates or the membermap CSS file, that should stop it breaking out of the box.

Looking at your source code though, I do see your HTML is a bit broken, you may want to run it through the W3C Validator (various stray </if> </div> etc)

p.s. I see Markers on your map just fine.

I see the markers now as well! Weird. . haha But sounds good, I will go forth with the Validator later, thanks for the heads up and I'll shoot you some money when I get home from work!

Thanks

I see the markers now as well! Weird. . haha But sounds good, I will go forth with the Validator later, thanks for the heads up and I'll shoot you some money when I get home from work!

Thanks

You will still need to revert template/css changes for MemberMap, you've got out of date templates.

We lost all of our markers when upgrading from 1.0.0 to 2.0.0 but that may be my fault. We never had a Bing API, we only had google, so I signed up for a new Bing API and I am pretty sure I probably should have used the old Google API.

Is there a way for me to find our old Google API?

http://www.brugmansia.us/forums/index.php?/membermap/

Hi, Mary,

Google Maps API is no longer supported, upgrading has not lost your markers, you have an issue preventing them from displaying.

Please run the 'permission checker' tool in the asp and fix any incorrect permissions, after that on the 'cache management' page click 'recache all'

Stuart, not sure if it was just me, but I went to remove a member today and got a SQL error:

DELETE FROM ipb_member_map WHERE member_id = IN (12010)

Hi,

There is a fix for this in Tracker: http://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/tracker/issue-367-deleting-membees-fails/?gopid=1005#entry1005

Hey again,

Just noticed that if i update/add my location i get this error in the footer.

Warning: Base directory ./cache/tmp does not exist, please create or change using %Cache.SerializerPath in /home/hybrid2/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php on line 133

Any idea what would be going wrong...

Thanks,

Dave.

77 pages of posts! Reason enough not to read through everything. So I'll ask the question that probably has already been answered: I'm using the 2.0 version, now things are all wonky (markers in the wrong place, some members getting blank pages, others not seeing markers, etc) - it's all due the Google maps issue. So, question is, when will a new version be available that fixes all this? (not beta, but release version)

Hey again,

Just noticed that if i update/add my location i get this error in the footer.

Warning: Base directory ./cache/tmp does not exist, please create or change using %Cache.SerializerPath in /home/hybrid2/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php on line 133

Any idea what would be going wrong...

Thanks,

Dave.

This is an (unrelated to membermap) issue that was fixed in IP.Board 3.4.5, if you're using a newer version, submit a ticket to IPS.

77 pages of posts! Reason enough not to read through everything. So I'll ask the question that probably has already been answered: I'm using the 2.0 version, now things are all wonky (markers in the wrong place, some members getting blank pages, others not seeing markers, etc) - it's all due the Google maps issue. So, question is, when will a new version be available that fixes all this? (not beta, but release version)

Try reading the last page (or two) then :lol:

Looks like I need to more patient with the smart-ass responses here than when it will be available.

It's a simple question. Not asking for a date, per-se, but an approximation would be nice. 1 week, 2 weeks, a month? Just a general sense would be appreciated.

Thanks!

When its ready is actually a reasonable answer. You need to realise that Stuart provides his professional services in creating a piece of software he could quite easily have charged for, free of charge. Not only that he is working hard to change over the membermap to bing and improve functionality to those who use it, something of which I personally very much appreciate.

I think you're mistaking my question for a lack of appreciation, or in some way... a complaint. That's absolutely incorrect and a terrible, horrible assumption.

It's just a question from a curious mind. That's it. No malice intended. I just want an idea so I can plan for it. That's it folks. Sorry there's nothing juicy for you to extract there.

Please answer, or do not respond.

Thanks

I think you're mistaking my question for a lack of appreciation, or in some way... a complaint. That's absolutely incorrect and a terrible, horrible assumption.

It's just a question from a curious mind. That's it. No malice intended. I just want an idea so I can plan for it. That's it folks. Sorry there's nothing juicy for you to extract there.

Please answer, or do not respond.

Thanks

When it's ready I'll update the file, so make sure you're following it to get a notification.

When will that be? I don't know yet :rofl:

Hi,

I have a problem with the member map (v1.0.9) in one of my boards. When I try to open it, I get an error message in the Firefox Browser (s. below), the Internet Explorer will crash completely...

I tried to reinstall the addon, but so far without success (I only copied the files again, I see no option to really reinstall it). Have you an idea what to do without losing the user data? Thanks in advance, Peter

http://www.t5net-forum.de/forum/index.php?&app=membermap

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://maps.gstatic.com/cat_js/intl/de_de/mapfiles/api-3/15/5/%7Bmain,adsense,geometry,zombie%7D.js:74

Kazhal read the last 6 or so pages. The API has depreciated so the version of members map that you are using will no longer work. The developer has created an interim solution with a 2.0 Beta version which does seem to work AND retains your members markers. There are limitations, namely your map will be read-only. Check the past few pages for details on what's happening with your map.

Kazhal read the last 6 or so pages. The API has depreciated so the version of members map that you are using will no longer work. The developer has created an interim solution with a 2.0 Beta version which does seem to work AND retains your members markers. There are limitations, namely your map will be read-only. Check the past few pages for details on what's happening with your map.

I am using the map in other boards and there everything work fine with this version. But I will take a look at it, thank you (but read-only is not really an option for me).