Member Map

the text in the marker is white, how do I change that?

That's inhereted from the skin you are using, you will need to edit the CSS for the membermap and add into #memberMapCanvasWrapper

color: #000;

I'll make a note to add this to the app, incase it's being used on a custom skin.

Do you mean as a seperate hook? - ala Nexus.

Or using the location field that's already there?

Well the location field that is already there would be simply awesome.... not sure if that can be done though. If it can... you will have a nice little donation coming your way!

Well the location field that is already there would be simply awesome.... not sure if that can be done though. If it can... you will have a nice little donation coming your way!

I'll see what I can do then, I've been meaning to get a small update out of the door. Just don't seem to have had enough time recently !

hi there, great mod but...
im getting an error when adding my location (and my members too)
this happens when sending the location form

There was a Google Maps error : The request was throttled

please try again in a moment

at first i thought it was a gmaps bug but it keeps happening for 3 days now
any ideas ?

and i have a small request:
i'd like to allow a group (moderators) to manage custom markers without giving them acp access :rolleyes:

hi there, great mod but...

im getting an error when adding my location (and my members too)

this happens when sending the location form

at first i thought it was a gmaps bug but it keeps happening for 3 days now

any ideas ?

It seems like someone else on your server may also be using the geocode api (http://code.google.com/apis/maps/faq.html#geocoder_limit)

and i have a small request:

i'd like to allow a group (moderators) to manage custom markers without giving them acp access :rolleyes:

Is there a problem with using the ACP restrictions and allowing access to only Membermap ?(This is what ACP Restrictions are designed for)

Yes! If it can tie the location field of each member (which is already enter as well as required by registration) automatically should make a placement on the map for each member location. Upon installation of the mod it would read all past locations entered.

As R1Lover stated... simply awesome and I as well will donate something toward this feature.

One thing I noticed... when a member add a new location in the map, it doesn't come up in the notification. I spotted it when I was visiting another forum, so thought it could be the settings.

But I can't find it... how do I enable it?

Thanks.

The notifications are automatic if you forum supports it (i.e 3.1+).

Don't forget there are two options in your User CP.

Notify me when my friends add their location

Notify me when my friends update their location

I get this message in the ACP: The rule definitions for the IP.Board Member Map application may be out of date. Rebuild FURL Cache

What am I doing wrong? Thanks

That just means that the file has been modified, you've probably uploaded it again, or after the upgrade was ran.

Just click to rebuild it and it will be fine.

Installed 1.0.3 version. First time using this.

After each time I add a location or when I click at Member Map tab the zoom level it's at maximum. Did a search and found this fix.

You will need to look in template section skin_membermap

Then find mapGoogleJavascript.

find:

map.setCenter(bounds.getCenter(), map.getBoundsZoomLevel(bounds));

Change to:

map.setCenter(bounds.getCenter(), NUMBER_BETWEEN_1_AND_16 );

Changed to number 2 deleting "NUMBER_BETWEEN_1_AND_16".
Worked fine but now the map does not show across the entire page. It's only 3/4 wide.

Can you help with an edit so that it can show across the page like it used to?

Many thanks.

Installed 1.0.3 version. First time using this.

After each time I add a location or when I click at Member Map tab the zoom level it's at maximum. Did a search and found this fix.

Changed to number 2 deleting "NUMBER_BETWEEN_1_AND_16".

Worked fine but now the map does not show across the entire page. It's only 3/4 wide.

Can you help with an edit so that it can show across the page like it used to?

Many thanks.

Try this: http://community.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=2065972

Ah ha...

Notify me when my friends add their location

Notify me when my friends update their location

Thanks!

Is there an Global setting as I want to ensure everyone see it too?

In the IP.Board ACP there is a section to setup the default settings for notifications.