Member Map

Hi,
I've finally taken the plunge and installed your cool member map to replace my own existing map! I'll miss the Photo and Wiki layers and Streetview features of my old one, but yours is better integrated and easier for members to enter their markers.

As I had 97 markers already on my old map, I worked out that I could import the coordinates into the ib_member_map table and they would show on your member map.
I finally got it working after noticing that one of my members had a Flash avatar, and this breaks the map (it causes the map not to display at all, you just see a blank area). After removing this members marker, the map displayed perfectly.
A member having a flash based avatar definitely breaks the map, it seems to be because the pop-up shows the members avatar. The error I saw in Internet Explorer was about an unexpected ) if this helps.

One question though if you don't mind, can you take a look at your ib_member_map table and confirm for me the correct type for the lan and lon fields in the ib_member_map table as being float(13,6)?
In trying to work out why the markers wouldn't appear, I noticed my existing map had coordinates with 13 decimal places and I thought this was the reason the map kept going blank until I realised it was the Flash avatar, so I tried various lengths in the float type to see if it was the problem, and now I can't remember if it was 13,6 or different to that! Silly me for not make a note of it before changing.

Many thanks!

Hi,

I've finally taken the plunge and installed your cool member map to replace my own existing map! I'll miss the Photo and Wiki layers and Streetview features of my old one, but yours is better integrated and easier for members to enter their markers.

As I had 97 markers already on my old map, I worked out that I could import the coordinates into the ib_member_map table and they would show on your member map.

I finally got it working after noticing that one of my members had a Flash avatar, and this breaks the map (it causes the map not to display at all, you just see a blank area). After removing this members marker, the map displayed perfectly.

A member having a flash based avatar definitely breaks the map, it seems to be because the pop-up shows the members avatar. The error I saw in Internet Explorer was about an unexpected ) if this helps.

One question though if you don't mind, can you take a look at your ib_member_map table and confirm for me the correct type for the lan and lon fields in the ib_member_map table as being float(13,6)?

In trying to work out why the markers wouldn't appear, I noticed my existing map had coordinates with 13 decimal places and I thought this was the reason the map kept going blank until I realised it was the Flash avatar, so I tried various lengths in the float type to see if it was the problem, and now I can't remember if it was 13,6 or different to that! Silly me for not make a note of it before changing.

Many thanks!

You should be able to use the database checker tool to see if the fields are a different type to what they should be. However they should be FLOAT( 10, 6 ).

Don't forget you can do template edits to add code in from your other map, mainly map.addMapType(); etc to add layers and different map types.

Regards
Stuart

Where do I upload these files to om my ftp? And please remember Im a clueless person when it comes to things like this, I tried to uplaod the individual files that didnt work then I uploaded the job lot and that still didnt work. any help would be greatly apreciated.

Kind regards
Jack

Where do I upload these files to om my ftp? And please remember Im a clueless person when it comes to things like this, I tried to uplaod the individual files that didnt work then I uploaded the job lot and that still didnt work. any help would be greatly apreciated.

Kind regards

Jack

Hi Jack,

This guide should be able to help you: http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/articles.html/_/ipboard-3x/tips-and-tricks/how-to-installupload-an-application-r537

Regards
Stuart

Sorry if this was asked before but I still get some members names appearing below the bubble I guess because their name is too long.

Where do I make changes to make the bubble wider ?

Thanks in advance

The bubbles are a pain, if you click it again it will be fine. They are automatically sized by Googles Javascript.

I'll have a look to see if we can improve on that.

#memberMapCanvasWrapper does not seem to have a width associated with it.

Should t it have a 100% width somewhere? It breaks like this on both Firefox and Chrome under os X

That's an issue with the custom skin, change the clearfix class to clear.

- I have added the clear class in SVN, will be changed in next version, probably a 3.0.5 class that's been changed. Edited by stoo2000

You should be able to use the database checker tool to see if the fields are a different type to what they should be. However they should be FLOAT( 10, 6 ).

Don't forget you can do template edits to add code in from your other map, mainly map.addMapType(); etc to add layers and different map types.

Regards

Stuart

Thanks Stuart, much appreciated!

im really struggling with uplaoding this to my ftp. I cannot work out which files I exactly need and where to put them them in my forum root?

Kind regards

Jack

Simply upload the files to the same level.

i.e. the admin folder 'overwrites' the admin folder on your host.

Okay it doesn't usually overwrite (unless you have uploaded the app before) but it will add the necessary files in their correct location.

Repeat for any other folders in the zip file. You may have a public folder sometimes for example.